Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

universal healthcare
pimp.gif

your an idiot.  I knew obama would fail

Oh, word?
Obama would have been a better rapper/label head than president.
tired.gif

if u believe this. kill urself. this country is better off w/o ur ignorance...

I cant stand u "ive been waitin to jump on Obamas neck the first time theirs a descrepency in his actions" dudes 
mad.gif

Hes the PRESIDENT son... a figure head... do you know what that means? hes doing almost exactly as anyone with a brain thought hed do...

at least Obama is opening eyes about the state of affairs in this new crazy world we live in

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

universal healthcare
pimp.gif

your an idiot.  I knew obama would fail

Oh, word?
Obama would have been a better rapper/label head than president.
tired.gif

if u believe this. kill urself. this country is better off w/o ur ignorance...

I cant stand u "ive been waitin to jump on Obamas neck the first time theirs a descrepency in his actions" dudes 
mad.gif

Hes the PRESIDENT son... a figure head... do you know what that means? hes doing almost exactly as anyone with a brain thought hed do...

at least Obama is opening eyes about the state of affairs in this new crazy world we live in

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

The President really runs America? Since when?

THIS....people still failing to see this...Obama is just a puppet. 
Funny, I interpreted PHARAOH as referring to America's constitutional design. That is, Federalism and the Separation of Powers.

THIS!!!  What continues to amaze me is how uneducated about our political process we still are in 2011. The President really does not have too much descretion in regards to "Changing America". If you want REAL Change, vote in your local, state, and congressional elections. Putting the blame on a President (whether Obama now, Bush before, or Clinton then) is the lazy way out. The President can only do what his Congress allows him to.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

The President really runs America? Since when?

THIS....people still failing to see this...Obama is just a puppet. 
Funny, I interpreted PHARAOH as referring to America's constitutional design. That is, Federalism and the Separation of Powers.

THIS!!!  What continues to amaze me is how uneducated about our political process we still are in 2011. The President really does not have too much descretion in regards to "Changing America". If you want REAL Change, vote in your local, state, and congressional elections. Putting the blame on a President (whether Obama now, Bush before, or Clinton then) is the lazy way out. The President can only do what his Congress allows him to.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

What is one thing Obama did to fix America? I'll wait...
As others have stated Obama helpled/rescued the American car industry which is truly a BIG thing.

It takes more time to rebuild than destroy.... 

100% Truth.
Unfortunately, this is far from the truth.  The biggest shareholder from the GM bailout were the UAW and Canadian Auto Workers unions were the biggest recipients of the GM bailout with the private bondholders and American taxpayers getting completely shafted in the deal.  During the IPO, the stock needed to sell for twice what it actually did for us to break even just on GM.  As for Chrysler?  That was sold to Fiat for pennies on the dollar and now they are begging for more.

If you want "real" American car companies, look to the south.  The so called foreign car companies have put more investments into American manufacturing and the workforce than even Ford has.  As far as parts manufactured and assembled in America, the Accord is the most American car. 

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/does-made-in-america-still-mean-anything.html?articleid=119995&

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Loans for College kids are easier to be obtained...
Unfortunately, this will only drive the cost of college higher like it has for the past 3 decades when college subsidization has become more prevalent.  Similar to department stores providing "cash back" on your next purchase, it is only meant to increase revenues for the schools.  I'm not questioning whether their intentions are noble, but the outcome will only lead to higher prices since it distorts your view of the true cost of the education.  Even with all of the scholarships and student loans available now, student loans has overtaken credit cards as the biggest debt that most American households have now.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

As others have stated Obama helpled/rescued the American car industry which is truly a BIG thing.

It takes more time to rebuild than destroy.... 

100% Truth.
Unfortunately, this is far from the truth.  The biggest shareholder from the GM bailout were the UAW and Canadian Auto Workers unions were the biggest recipients of the GM bailout with the private bondholders and American taxpayers getting completely shafted in the deal.  During the IPO, the stock needed to sell for twice what it actually did for us to break even just on GM.  As for Chrysler?  That was sold to Fiat for pennies on the dollar and now they are begging for more.

If you want "real" American car companies, look to the south.  The so called foreign car companies have put more investments into American manufacturing and the workforce than even Ford has.  As far as parts manufactured and assembled in America, the Accord is the most American car. 

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/does-made-in-america-still-mean-anything.html?articleid=119995&

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Loans for College kids are easier to be obtained...
Unfortunately, this will only drive the cost of college higher like it has for the past 3 decades when college subsidization has become more prevalent.  Similar to department stores providing "cash back" on your next purchase, it is only meant to increase revenues for the schools.  I'm not questioning whether their intentions are noble, but the outcome will only lead to higher prices since it distorts your view of the true cost of the education.  Even with all of the scholarships and student loans available now, student loans has overtaken credit cards as the biggest debt that most American households have now.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Saved the domestic auto industry.

Reversed the stock market meltdown.

Overhauled healthcare. Insured millions more americans. (Something that previous administrations have been trying to do for decades with no success)

Provided tax cuts to almost all Americans.

Pulled troops out of Iraq.

IMHO he has accomplished a lot with half of Senate Congress hell bent on not supporting anything he proposes.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

unintended consequences ftw! inflation here we come! oh and he pulled troops out to replace em with private mercenaries so did we really change anything?

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Saved the domestic auto industry.

Reversed the stock market meltdown.

Overhauled healthcare. Insured millions more americans. (Something that previous administrations have been trying to do for decades with no success)

Provided tax cuts to almost all Americans.

Pulled troops out of Iraq.

IMHO he has accomplished a lot with half of Senate Congress hell bent on not supporting anything he proposes.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

unintended consequences ftw! inflation here we come! oh and he pulled troops out to replace em with private mercenaries so did we really change anything?

I really appreciate these types of threads...

they allow me regularly update my ignored users list to avoid viewing stupidity.

Thanks.

I really appreciate these types of threads...

they allow me regularly update my ignored users list to avoid viewing stupidity.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by akm2tan

While I agree that he is working under some of the worst times we have seen in American History there are things he supports that I dont agree with. I myself was a homeowner who had to bail on my house because I saw no government programs that benefited me but instead saw programs that he mandated to help first time home buyers that couldnt afford a house to begin with. My point is I felt he did little to help the middle class that was in that real estate position who lost tons of money from BS mortgages. He assumes that because my family and I were capable of buying a house when the economy was strong that I can recover easier than those he helped by a house and give them like 9 grand on top of the smoking deals they got. Imagine if he helped those millions of people that was in my position? we would have more buying power and our economy would have been stronger. Small businesses would still be strong and people wouldnt have to worry as much with their finances.

The guy is on a spending spree. The amount of money needed to support universal healthcare and all these bailouts is ridiculous. Anybody can say that his plans could pan out in years to come but you can also say that the main reason to go to iraq was to drain all their oil for our benefit. And lets not beat around the bush here we would never have went there if if wasnt for oil. And im sure we got a ton of it. So we dont know yet if going to iraq was entirely a bad idea.

he should have focused more on employment because that and real estate drives this economy. He did little to ease the pain of folks worrying about their finances.
Who`s fault is it that you had to bail on your house???   Dont worry, ill wait..........

Originally Posted by akm2tan

While I agree that he is working under some of the worst times we have seen in American History there are things he supports that I dont agree with. I myself was a homeowner who had to bail on my house because I saw no government programs that benefited me but instead saw programs that he mandated to help first time home buyers that couldnt afford a house to begin with. My point is I felt he did little to help the middle class that was in that real estate position who lost tons of money from BS mortgages. He assumes that because my family and I were capable of buying a house when the economy was strong that I can recover easier than those he helped by a house and give them like 9 grand on top of the smoking deals they got. Imagine if he helped those millions of people that was in my position? we would have more buying power and our economy would have been stronger. Small businesses would still be strong and people wouldnt have to worry as much with their finances.

The guy is on a spending spree. The amount of money needed to support universal healthcare and all these bailouts is ridiculous. Anybody can say that his plans could pan out in years to come but you can also say that the main reason to go to iraq was to drain all their oil for our benefit. And lets not beat around the bush here we would never have went there if if wasnt for oil. And im sure we got a ton of it. So we dont know yet if going to iraq was entirely a bad idea.

he should have focused more on employment because that and real estate drives this economy. He did little to ease the pain of folks worrying about their finances.
Who`s fault is it that you had to bail on your house???   Dont worry, ill wait..........

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ask not what Obama can do for you
but what you can do for your Obama.

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom