Let's settle this. Which active players deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I can't get over dudes saying yes to Pau Gasol and no to Paul Pierce. 

Come on now. 
indifferent.gif

AND Dikembe is going, Yao is a lock though?
laugh.gif
Cut that international @!%!.
Pierce & Gasol are both HOF's. I think Pau just has to keep it up for a couple of more seasons to drown out the stink of losing from Memphis. Although Pierce had that same stink on him, even though it was a collaborative effort, the championship Celtics team was "led" by Pierce. Plus, now that he's behind Hondo in the All-Time Celtics Leader in Points, he's a virtual lock. It's a historic franchise and behind second is no modest accomplishment.

And what the hell are you talking about "cut that international !%$#"? It's the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME, not the NBA HALL OF FAME. Do you understand how big basketball is in China? Do you know Yao being in the NBA is a direct result of that? Do you know that a Houston Rockets game holds the record for "most watched sporting event internationally"? Not a Michael Jordan game, not a NBA Finals game, not an All-Star game, a regular-season Houston Rockets game. That's a big @#%#!%% deal.

Kids in China wear Kobe, LeBron & Yao jerseys. Yao's effect on the globalization is comparable to the way Ichiro is the reason the MLB has Japanese sponsors. It's a big deal and maybe Yao doesn't earn his way into the Hall of Fame as a player, but he'll certainly get in as an Ambassador.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Come on now. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Pierce & Gasol are both HOF's. I think Pau just has to keep it up for a couple of more seasons to drown out the stink of losing from Memphis. Although Pierce had that same stink on him, even though it was a collaborative effort, the championship Celtics team was "led" by Pierce. Plus, now that he's behind Hondo in the All-Time Celtics Leader in Points, he's a virtual lock. It's a historic franchise and behind second is no modest accomplishment.

And what the hell are you talking about "cut that international !%$#"? It's the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME, not the NBA HALL OF FAME. Do you understand how big basketball is in China? Do you know Yao being in the NBA is a direct result of that? Do you know that a Houston Rockets game holds the record for "most watched sporting event internationally"? Not a Michael Jordan game, not a NBA Finals game, not an All-Star game, a regular-season Houston Rockets game. That's a big @#%#!%% deal.

Kids in China wear Kobe, LeBron & Yao jerseys. Yao's effect on the globalization is comparable to the way Ichiro is the reason the MLB has Japanese sponsors. It's a big deal and maybe Yao doesn't earn his way into the Hall of Fame as a player, but he'll certainly get in as an Ambassador.
No I understand that completely, but I don't think he is a 'lock' the way Dikembe is. 

Come on now. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

No I understand that completely, but I don't think he is a 'lock' the way Dikembe is. 

Come on now. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Dikembe is an ambassador too but for different reasons. Yao really opened up the globalization of basketball though. Like, enormously! Basketball is so prevalent in that region of the world that the NBA even had to talk about extending the league there. I mean, think about it, teams based out in Europe? That's a huge deal. And also, guys like Marbury going to China to play (as well as other, good but lesser known players) are making a careers by playing there.

That wouldn't have happened before Yao.

Come on now. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Dikembe is an ambassador too but for different reasons. Yao really opened up the globalization of basketball though. Like, enormously! Basketball is so prevalent in that region of the world that the NBA even had to talk about extending the league there. I mean, think about it, teams based out in Europe? That's a huge deal. And also, guys like Marbury going to China to play (as well as other, good but lesser known players) are making a careers by playing there.

That wouldn't have happened before Yao.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Grant Hill- No
Billups-No
Gasol-Will end up there
Ben Wallace- I hear what your saying osh but I don't know
Manu-No
Parker-No
Wade-Yes
Ray Allen-Yes
If Ray Allen  is in then Manu is a sure in.. Yes I am  a Spurs Fan.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Grant Hill- No
Billups-No
Gasol-Will end up there
Ben Wallace- I hear what your saying osh but I don't know
Manu-No
Parker-No
Wade-Yes
Ray Allen-Yes
If Ray Allen  is in then Manu is a sure in.. Yes I am  a Spurs Fan.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I don't want a Hall of Fame where players like Grant Hill and Gasol can get in. Just ridiculous.
Gasol isn't okay but Pippen is? Explain.

I don't want a Hall of Fame where players like Grant Hill and Gasol can get in. Just ridiculous.

Well, open your own NBA Hall of Fame and keep them out. Gasol is getting in based on full body of work (international + NBA). That's how it works.

Well, open your own NBA Hall of Fame and keep them out. Gasol is getting in based on full body of work (international + NBA). That's how it works.

If you don't know why Pippen is more worthy of the Hall than Gasol then you probably need to watch more basketball.

If you don't know why Pippen is more worthy of the Hall than Gasol then you probably need to watch more basketball.

roll.gif
I've been watching basketball since I was 5 years old
indifferent.gif
It's a relative example. Gasol was the most integral part of those Lakers championships aside from Kobe. Subtract Gasol from those teams and Kobe wouldn't have rings #4 & #5.

You must not know jack about basketball if you don't think "sidekicks" are just as important as superstars on teams.

roll.gif
I've been watching basketball since I was 5 years old
indifferent.gif
It's a relative example. Gasol was the most integral part of those Lakers championships aside from Kobe. Subtract Gasol from those teams and Kobe wouldn't have rings #4 & #5.

You must not know jack about basketball if you don't think "sidekicks" are just as important as superstars on teams.

this. IMO pip was the best player in the league not named michael jordan obviously.

gasol is a hall of famer. its not just NBA here and pau is an incredible international player.

my list:
kobe
shaq
duncan
garnett
jkidd
dirk
ray allen
pierce
pau
bron
wade
dwight

this. IMO pip was the best player in the league not named michael jordan obviously.

gasol is a hall of famer. its not just NBA here and pau is an incredible international player.

my list:
kobe
shaq
duncan
garnett
jkidd
dirk
ray allen
pierce
pau
bron
wade
dwight

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Pip wasn't better than Hakeem.

I know important and how good Pippen was but people hold him to such a high regard its disgusting.

Best player not named Michael Jordan?
sick.gif

Pip wasn't better than Hakeem.

I know important and how good Pippen was but people hold him to such a high regard its disgusting.

Best player not named Michael Jordan?
sick.gif

my list:
kobe
shaq
duncan
garnett
jkidd
ray allen
pierce
pau
bron
wade
dwight

I want to hear your reason on why you left Dirk out.

my list:
kobe
shaq
duncan
garnett
jkidd
ray allen
pierce
pau
bron
wade
dwight

I want to hear your reason on why you left Dirk out.

Back
Top Bottom