Lexus is the best car brand, period.

I mean technically you could but I suggest to always use what the carmaker recommends.

I think you also have to read what's by the gas cap and manual carefully, some say "recommended" and others says "required".

I been wanting an LS soooo bad ...gotta get one in 2017 , my bday coming up [emoji]128064[/emoji]

My 16 GS requires premium per the owners manual and gas cap so I always use premium.

My cheap Asian (no offense to my Asians bruhs) salesman on the other hand flat out told me I don't have to and that he uses regular on his GS 90% of the time. He said he doesn't care about the loss of performance and drives slow all the time anyway -- really not helping with the stereotypes lol. He told me if I go to the track then use premium and for everyday driving just use regular.

But nah, I can never force myself to do that. If you're paying a lot of dough for a Lexus don't cheap out on something that degrades the performance of your car. Just my opinion.

My 16 GS requires premium per the owners manual and gas cap so I always use premium.

My cheap Asian (no offense to my Asians bruhs) salesman on the other hand flat out told me I don't have to and that he uses regular on his GS 90% of the time. He said he doesn't care about the loss of performance and drives slow all the time anyway -- really not helping with the stereotypes lol. He told me if I go to the track then use premium and for everyday driving just use regular.

But nah, I can never force myself to do that. If you're paying a lot of dough for a Lexus don't cheap out on something that degrades the performance of your car. Just my opinion.

Which GS do you have?

Last edited:
I remember I had an old Mazda and didn't use the recommended fuel type and over time the engine got ****** up and was done

Yeah man I knew something was off about using the wrong gas grade. Especially from a ****** gas station and most of the regular gas you get is more water and impurities then the gas your paying for.

Anybody gotten good lease deals on these IS's? I really like the look of these. Compact and sleek looking.

Lexus' are just a prentetious Toyotas. Fax.

Last edited:
Lexus' Acura's are just a prentetious Toyotas Hondas. Fax.

Fixed. Lexus at least has a few unique platforms and engines exclusive from Toyota. The only thing unique about Acuras (save for the NSX) are those funky headlights and the MDX's AWD system.

Mine says premium unleaded fuel only on the gas cap

Same as mine. You can put "regular" gas but it'll mess up the turbo in the engine and overtime slowly destroy your engine. So if your broke and can only afford "regular", i guess you could use it a couple times but always try to put 91-95 grade gas in your luxury vehicle.

Mine says premium unleaded fuel only on the gas cap

Same as mine. You can put "regular" gas but it'll mess up the turbo in the engine and overtime slowly destroy your engine. So if your broke and can only afford "regular", i guess you could use it a couple times but always try to put 91-95 grade gas in your luxury vehicle.
Every luxury car doesn't require premium fuel. A Lexus ES 350 uses regular. Some Cadillac CTS engines use regular.

Which GS do you have?

Had the RC 350 f-sport for about a year and needed something bigger. Originally wanted the GS 350 f-sport but eventually decided I wanted to try something new. So I went with the 200t non f-sport version. Plus my homie and salesman got me a pretty good deal on a 12k/yr lease. I'm paying about half what I was financing for my RC per month and since I just purchased a home, that a deal I was happy to take.

Still getting use to the front grill but overall I still really like the car. Has upgraded wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler and I had it lowered on RSR superdowns.

Not the most flattering pics, but it's night here. I'll take some much better pics eventually.

View media item 2290943View media item 2290945View media item 2290946

If you think about it, you're worrying over $1-3 when you use the recommended premium over regular when filling your tank. Bout 30 bucks or less a month, you just wasted that on takeout, why not your luxury vehicle?

Last edited:
Had the RC 350 f-sport for about a year and needed something bigger. Originally wanted the GS 350 f-sport but eventually decided I wanted to try something new. So I went with the 200t non f-sport version. Plus my homie and salesman got me a pretty good deal on a 12k/yr lease. I'm paying about half what I was financing for my RC per month and since I just purchased a home, that a deal I was happy to take.

Still getting use to the front grill but overall I still really like the car. Has upgraded wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler and I had it lowered on RSR superdowns.

Not the most flattering pics, but it's night here. I'll take some much better pics eventually.

View media item 2290943View media item 2290945View media item 2290946

Gotcha. Thought you might have had the GS-F since you said the dealer mentioned which gas to use at the track.

Looks nice. I always liked Lexus' white the most out of any other manufacturer's white.

Back
Top Bottom