Li-Ning Thread

Random eBay check...LOTS of Code Red still up but pretty much all have dropped the prices way down. Only a few knuckleheads still asking way over 2 bills...
Any type of reseach would have told these dudes that. Theres a couple pairs that hit decent resale (TNS/ASG/Bdays/Gold Rush), aside from those pairs these are incredible values even on the resale market. ~200 or less for the quality you get is an insane value and it's why I love these shoes so much. I picked up a VVNDS pair of announcement 1s (seller called them DS, but I think at minimum he tried them on/wore them inside once) for 115. You cant even pick up the least wanted Jordan retro for under box price, even used. Most people dont even know what these are, and I love it.

New pickups.

Found some Code Reds at a very low bid on ebay, hopefully they don't go too high. Not the colorway I wanted but if I can get em cheap, cant really complain.

Any type of reseach would have told these dudes that. Theres a couple pairs that hit decent resale (TNS/ASG/Bdays/Gold Rush), aside from those pairs these are incredible values even on the resale market. ~200 or less for the quality you get is an insane value and it's why I love these shoes so much. I picked up a VVNDS pair of announcement 1s (seller called them DS, but I think at minimum he tried them on/wore them inside once) for 115. You cant even pick up the least wanted Jordan retro for under box price, even used. Most people dont even know what these are, and I love it.

100% agree. However, no reseller EVER does homework/research lol. If they did you wouldn't see EVERY retro J release on eBay by noon on Saturday listed at that $350 Buy It Now nonsense. And yes, there are a great deal of GR and even some of the limited/SE pairs you can get for a few bucks over retail and maybe that overseas shipping cost. But with the quality you're getting, it totally worth it, not even a second thought to it.

That being said I was in FTL last night just looking for some clothes etc. Figured I'd look at the LeBron XI Elite. I have been into the LeBron line since the IV and for the most part I have liked his line, except for the ridiculous price territory it has now entered. I tried on the Elite...and I gotta say...what a bunch of hot garbage... Just felt like a cheap shoe and normally the LeBron line feels more solid than most. I am definitely moving further and further away from Nike. If they put out a shoe that I do like and the price point isn't stupid, I have no issue copping, but for $275 compared to what you can get with a GR WoW for $150? Nike should be ashamed of themselves as well as the droves of kids who mindlessly plunk over cash for some of these shoes.

Now this point has come up repeatedly in this thread, but with trying on the Elites last night and just shaking my head, I felt the need to vent a little more.

For anyone who has already read the recent Wade article in the ESPN magazine, I really hope that Li-Ning continues on this path and can find their way to being a more successful/profitable company lead by Wade and his line.

Just pre-ordered the Warrior 2 from wayofwadeshoes.com. Has anybody ordered from them?

Ordered Overtown's from them and had ZERO issue with them. I'm sure the pre-orders are no different. The only thing I didn't like about their pre-orders was no approximate date for release, but that's not really make or break for me. I've pre-ordered from Hi Basketball with no confirmed date so...all good. lol :tongue:

Found some Code Reds at a very low bid on ebay, hopefully they don't go too high. Not the colorway I wanted but if I can get em cheap, cant really complain.

It may be worth it to wait for Sunlight Station. They've said multiple times that they'd be getting them. Probably early-mid May.

You wearing Wades to Kixfair? Me and brother wearing pink all star and goldrush. Considering I doubt many others will I didn't want us rocking the same colorways

I was going in my TNS2s or Screws. Haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
Another eBay check... Pretty LAME IMO, but there are a fair amount of TNS pairs newly listed on there...all in the 250 and up category and clearly from Sunlight Station as these newbs are posting the TNS SS postcard they have been sending out. Come on guys...can't we do better?? There are a bunch of ya'll who I know would have wanted those pairs.

Last edited:
They'll end up coming down to an ok price. They were 202 usd from sunlight. So you figure a reseller will need 240ish to just make their money back. Once they sit on them they'll eventually come down and end up taking a hit. There's little money in these unless it's an Uber limited pair like the asg's/champs

Last edited:
Another eBay check... Pretty LAME IMO, but there are a fair amount of TNS pairs newly listed on there...all in the 250 and up category and clearly from Sunlight Station as these newbs are posting the TNS SS postcard they have been sending out. Come on guys...can't we do better?? There are a bunch of ya'll who I know would have wanted those pairs.

Yeah man I was wanting a size 11, but I am guessing the Sunlight Station re-stock is done. Lets all hope the prices on ebay drop...I have even seen listings for $300+.

I am really liking how the 1.0s fit. Def going to have to track some of these bad boys down. But gotta chill for a bit after picking up Pink ASGs/XMas/Code Reds/TNS 1.0. Want to get black ASGS/YOTH/Veteran 1.0s. Man....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom