Little things in life that make you happy.

fog

I'm not talking about things like getting paid or getting laid, smoking dank, finding a girlfriend, getting into a great university, and stuff like that... I'm talking about the things that we do in our everyday lives that may seem insignificant to the next person, but actually prove to be more meaningful to oneself... Things that make you feel
pimp.gif
or
happy.gif
inside.

These little things in life are often overlooked, but they can also be the small sparks of happiness that may very well ignite your day. I've also found that the more you start realizing these simple details in life, the more optimistic your mindset will become. Anyways, I'll start:

-When I go to bed, the covers and the top of my bed are nice and chilly. Then I move around after the coldness goes away to make it chilly again... Same with my pillow
-That burn after a good workout
-Getting that dope haircut
-Finally getting a tricky piece on the guitar right
-The first cut through that clean piece of construction paper
-Holding the door for someone and hearing a slight 'thanks'
-That game-winning trey over 2 defenders in a pick-up game

That's all I can think of for now... But I'm curious as to what makes your day, NT.

I honestly enjoy a rainy day.
Driving in the rain is something I enjoy. Just the feeling of being inside while everyone around you is scrambling to stay dry. 
pimp.gif

-Eating fried chicken on a rainy day.
-The smell of the Pacific Ocean
-When girls give you that look like "Mmmmmm"
-Taking a cold shower on a 100 degree day.
-Getting my feet massaged

Writing down rhymes.
Sharing a good laugh with friends
Having a great time having dinner with family.

dipping a fresh oreo in a fresh glass of milk
walking into an empty train car
getting the individual seat next to the door on the bus
passing that yellow light before it turns red
finding an old scene that i havent't watched in a while.

definitely thunderstorms and rain that good feeling you get when you wake up in tha morning tha feeling of accomplishment after hard work

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Foggy mornings.

yessir, i work graveyard. when i get off work walking around the city, its empty and its foggy...feelsgoodman.

- when your favourite song comes on in the car (radio, ipod, whatever) and you're alone and free to sing as loud as you want to it
- knowing you did a really good job on something and you get props from somebody of importance
- being the first one to cheer when a move leads to points being scored in any sports game
- hearing my skit play
- when somebody texts or tweets something that happened/played and they thought of me
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- writing, even though it's for my eyes only

I constantly change my pillow over to get the cold side too
laugh.gif

-having a drawer full of clean socks/underwear
-when the guy at the shoe store brings out your shoe in your size
pimp.gif
king status
-putting on deodorant fresh out of the shower.
-getting in the bed fresh out of the shower.
-cute girls laughing at your jokes
smile.gif
Phil's Goodman
-getting a text from a chick you're feeling.
-catching a green light that you never catch.
-waking up in the middle of the night, drinking your favorite beverage out of the container then passing back out.
-legit notifications on facebook.
-getting your post quoted.
-when the air condition kicks in on a hot day.
-spraying on your favorite cologne.

Going out/driving solo in the rain...stepping on the scale to find out ive gained weight
pimp.gif

Cooking somebody all game playing bball

So much, but it's always the smaller, less materialistic things that make me happy.

Waking up before the alarm sounds and turning it off so you ain't gotta hear that annoying sound.

Letting me hair out and wind blowing through it.
Sleeping on freshly washed sheets
Vacuuming
Lighting a newly purchased candle or burning a different scented incense.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

-having a drawer full of clean socks/underwear
-when the guy at the shoe store brings out your shoe in your size
pimp.gif
king status
-putting on deodorant fresh out of the shower.
-getting in the bed fresh out of the shower.
-cute girls laughing at your jokes
smile.gif
Phil's Goodman
-getting a text from a chick you're feeling.
-catching a green light that you never catch.
-waking up in the middle of the night, drinking your favorite beverage out of the container then passing back out.
-legit notifications on facebook.
-getting your post quoted.
-when the air condition kicks in on a hot day.
-spraying on your favorite cologne.
Man does that feel good. I don't even drink soda but when I do this-I drink soda or OJ,

My friends:

Lounging in bed an extra 30-45 minutes, swimming in covers, squealing stretches, catching up on news, updates & filling up on hugs & kisses

Windows rolled down allowing the breeze to catch my hair and take it to flight, warmth pouring over my face and shoulders through a gaping sun roof and music blasting at ridiculous levels on a cool drive

Ice cold glass of whiskey or beer after a tense day, while catching up with an old/new friend, before a night out, or when I’m feeling sort of vulnerable or sorry for myself

Songs from my adolescence/pre-pubescent past that instantly and repeatedly bring me back effortlessly to an exact moment/feeling in time no matter where and when it plays

Finding any amount of cash in an article of clothing or discovery of a long lost forgotten item that magically appears after having coped with its disappearance into that black hole where everything else I lose ends up

Karaoke (by myself) attempting ballads from Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Barbara

Eating Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches (strawberry to chocolate to vanilla) and vanilla caramel drumsticks (all chocolate and nuts, then licking out the caramel that sinks in the middle of a vanilla blanket, chipping away at the cone that I swirl to keep it even with ice cream/cone ratio, then sucking out ALL the vanilla ice cream before devouring the last part of the cone - a tip with a generous coat of hardened chocolate)

Romantic comedies, cheesy dramas, feel-goods

Musical gifts from an array of music enthusiasts- a healthy diverse collection of CDs live in my car from passing acquaintances, dear friends, old lovers, coworkers and eager musicians promoting their masterpieces

Snipping at split ends, biting hang nails, weeding out white hairs, shiny new quarters and nasty stained pennies, bubble wrap and Saran wrap

Learning new words and while I’m on the issue of words, I especially enjoy: plethora, peruse, parched, peculiar (a lot of words that start with the letter ‘P’)

Unique names, boys names for girls, unorthodox spelling for common names

Horoscopes- no intense daily check ups but just for fun, like fortunes in fortune cookies, mood rings and books promising to reveal the true hidden meanings behind dreams

New restaurants, new people, new clothes, new socks, new music from my favorite artists

When my girl domes me up out of nowhere, finding money in dirty clothes pockets, a good sandwich, empty movie theaters, seeing a bad b walk by in a skirt or dress and that gust of wind from god blows it up for just one second to reveal her goods, fresh hair cuts, washing my car, and when my phone doesnt die in under a hour.

Back
Top Bottom