Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I'm a week late but...in wrestling parlance...anyone else feel Mando is being booked to look weak? Like Boba Fett? And, not trying to get into political/social conversations, but then a woman has to come to his rescue?

Also, the dialogue/acting is definitely a step below Andor. But the effects/CGI in episode two were great.

Bo is tough tho. If any woman is going to save him, it’d be her, especially since she knows the place and knows how to use the dark saber.

1678939273904.jpeg

1678939286097.jpeg

Just finished the newest episode. Very mid. Was falling asleep during the middle part which was stretched out than it needed to be.

Alot of questionable things like if you're being chased by TIE fighters, why would you take them to your hideout instead of diverting them elsewhere.

So far, the order I would rank the first three episodes of the season 2,1,3

Just finished the episode and was surprised how long the EP was.

Wondering about a couple of things:

It was cool to see Coruscant. Is there any info as to what happened to the Jedi temple there? Was it destroyed?
Who sent the TIE-Fighters to attack Bo and her sex dungeon?
What significance am I missing regarding Dr. Pershing and cloning? And is the person who turned him in working for someone else? Did they have to go all the way to the shipyard for her to turn him in? Couldn't she have done that when they were on the train lol
I really don't know what to expect this season. I want to believe there will be some tie-in to the Jedi and possibly the Ashoka series?

Hes always been booked like that.

Hes had to been saved by Quill, Grogu, IG-11, Mayfeld, Dunne, The Brolic Mando, Night Owls, etc

Has needed assistance in practically every episode, every season, so I dont know why Bo Katan helping him now is such an issue.

Hes been beaten up by the Mudhorn, Dark Troopers, cant use the Saber etc. Hes been knocked out, been on the brinkof death, cant hold his own against certain droids, struggles beating simple enemies like the Alamites. Got his ship blown up.

Hes been purposely written like that so he doesnt seem like the perfect character like Rey who had no hurddles.

So I dont know why you think that way. I think you just dont like Women specifically saving him. cause hes been saved by a ton of people/things and has looked weak multiple times. The fact that he looks weak is what makes him relatable and why everyone prolly likes him as a character.
Despite all the setbacks, he keeps on pushin.

Boba Fett looked weak because he was written the complete opposite of what we know him as.

Mando is a naive Mandalorian who is trying to figure all this stuff out.

Also, youre the only one, and its obvious you werent paying attention until Bo saved him, seems like that triggered you.

And "a woman?" Bo Katan is the Battle Tested Warlord Queen of all the Mandos, of course shes capable of saving him, if she wanted, she could easily kill Din cause she's Bo Katan, not because shes a Woman.

Now If Peli Motto, a fraudulent mechanic saved him from the Living Waters, what youre saying youre noticing would have more weight.
I come in peace. Maybe I never noticed he was incompetent before. The Western and Lone Wolf and Cub vibe just seemed to be off. Maybe it’s the D+ fatigue, especially after the excellence of Andor.
Bo is tough tho. If any woman is going to save him, it’d be her, especially since she knows the place and knows how to use the dark saber.
So that we’re clear. I like her character. I have no issue with a bad @ woman and her pursuits. Nor diversity. I probably was triggered by the incompetent portrayal (kind of reminds me of Thor in L&T) and the attempt at diversity caught an errant stray.

Last episode was a big um.

Last edited:
I come in peace. Maybe I never noticed he was incompetent before. The Western and Lone Wolf and Cub vibe just seemed to be off. Maybe it’s the D+ fatigue, especially after the excellence of Andor.

So that we’re clear. I like her character. I have no issue with a bad @ woman and her pursuits. Nor diversity. I probably was triggered by the incompetent portrayal (kind of reminds me of Thor in L&T) and the attempt at diversity caught an errant stray.

Last episode was a big um.

No worries, my breakdown jist naturally sounds like a promo

i thought it was suppose to look dumb because it shows how the new republic failed and the first order is about to be on the rise (via gideon and the quantumania chick)?

or am i way off based?

I didn't realize the actress playing elia was the warrior woman in antman. She was also in agents of shield. She collecting thosd disney checks.

I thought I was definitely watching Andor, which is great tho because we can see the political underminings unfold w/ characters who aren’t physically entertaining :lol:. I wonder how this cloning ties into/gets in the hand of the emperor, or if they’ll make that direct tie.

Andor-Like? Maybe. It definitely didn't hit the same. The writing and acting isn't as good.

I didn't get an outstanding speech delivered in that episode. There were bureaucracy shenanigans. It was a jarring episode. I'm sure there is a pay off later on (and tie back to earlier seasons).

I didn't realize the actress playing elia was the warrior woman in antman. She was also in agents of shield. She collecting thosd disney checks.

Her and the freckle faced chick in Falcon & TWS are definitely eating nice off Disney whenever they need a strong looking young chick-type character:lol:

I really enjoy how well the universe is shaking out to be through the all the plus series. Idk if it’s a reflection of Filoni and Favs’ personal views, but I enjoy the whole exploitation of political stances and diasporas/sects.

I’m not blown away from this episode compared to last, but to be in the shoes of a character who once was performing under the empire w/ a moral compass, be uncomfortable under the new republic, is some great drama.

You think it’s all fine and dandy now he’s under the good regime, but turns out his passion isn’t needed but his work ethic was. And now he’s rebellious towards the rebellion, and he’d rather take on his passion regardless of it’s previous tie to the empire.

Same analogies apply to Mando and grogu, them boys don’t care about jedis, sith, empire, or republic. Mfers really just want to take life together on their own.

I just want pure action. Don't care too much about any of this political stuff
Yeah that shoe doesn’t work with politics, intrigue, etc. I think my flagrant comment was because I loved the Spaghetti Western feel mixed with Lone Wolf and Cub. Those are the type of adventures I want to see. Even him pursuing his “honor” by bathing in the pools of the Mines of Mandalore. There’s a Samurai quality to it.

I think Bo should break off to her own show.

I think he has been playing him. He hasn’t taken the helmet off but I believe he’s been the one in the suit and voicing.

Back
Top Bottom