Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte June 4 | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First three episodes were great but these last three have just been whatever to me.

Judging from the trailer over the summer, a weekly "adventure of the week" type show was not what I was expecting. I thought it was gonna be a gritty and mature show for Star Wars fans but it's kinda just like live-action Clone Wars episodes. B/C-level actor cameos with just as corny dialogue just ain't cutting it for me.

I honestly expected more for an 8 episode show and didn't know half of 6 episodes would just be filler. I will say the latter half of the episode where he turns into Batman was enjoyable, but I just couldn't get into the first half from the cheesy dialogue by the guest actors.

His growth is the story as well. He was a ruthless killer at one point as told by his former partner.

His growth is the story as well. He was a ruthless killer at one point as told by his former partner.

Yeah, that “growth” happened at the end of the first episode and was further shown in Chapters 2-3. There’s been no growth in the last 3 episodes.

Just like they said Chun Li was one of the best assassins last episode and she was trash taken care of by Value City James Franco. This show says a lot but doesn’t have any substance to actually show it.

Yeah, that “growth” happened at the end of the first episode and was further shown in Chapters 2-3. There’s been no growth in the last 3 episodes.

Just like they said Chun Li was one of the best assassins last episode and she was trash taken care of by Value City James Franco. This show says a lot but doesn’t have any substance to actually show it.

Can't please everyone.

We losing faith in the show?

I do agree, the last few episodes have been meh.

Nah, show is still dope and so was this episode Imo (one of the few episodes that looked like it was worth that $15 mil budget. I can’t make a final judgment until the end of the season. Unlike Mando I had the luxury of binge watching clone wars and rebels so a boring or dead episode was quickly forgotten, but in the end both were great and very rewarding to watch. Hopefully I will feel the same about this show.

Overall, I've been reasonably satisfied with the show, but that bit with Ming Na being taken out so easily did bug me.

Nah, show is still dope and so was this episode Imo (one of the few episodes that looked like it was worth that $15 mil budget. I can’t make a final judgment until the end of the season. Unlike Mando I had the luxury of binge watching clone wars and rebels so a boring or dead episode was quickly forgotten, but in the end both were great and very rewarding to watch. Hopefully I will feel the same about this show.

That’s the downside of weekly shows. As great as Clone Wars was, nobody ever remembers the Bombad Jedi episode and a handful of other throwaway episodes.

And while I still have a lot of faith in this show, it’s like any season in sports. You can start off hot and then slack off during the mid-season. Fortunately, those games will be forgotten as long as you make the playoffs and then you’ll look back and think that the season was fairly good, overall.

Show is fire. I don't know what more people want from it. He's a bounty hunter who went against his Guild to save a child and now they're both on the run. The show is literally playing out the way it's supposed to play out. He's going to different planets, hitting up past acquaintances. Of course, he can't trust anyone, especially not with Baby Yoda, who has tremendous value to the Republic and the remnants of the Empire. I'm hoping that the show connects to the next Star Wars film but that's really my only expectation. I'm just enjoying the ride, pause. I think what might be happening is that the hype is so big that people are going into Self Destruct bag by claiming disappointment. "Uh oh, people like the show. I think it's time to self destruct"

I'm just enjoying the ride, pause.

I think what might be happening is that the hype is so big that people are going into Self Destruct bag by claiming disappointment. "Uh oh, people like the show. I think it's time to self destruct"

Nah. You’re enjoying the ride, that’s all there is to it. Respect that.

Nobody is saying the show is trash so stop with that tired old expectations excuse just because others aren’t just happy to be here like you. Save that for the main SW chat. This thread has been pretty clean without that nonsense in here.

Find one quote in here where the criticism isn’t constructive because last I checked, that’s what this forum’s for.

Last edited:
Nah. You’re enjoying the ride, that’s all there is to it. Respect that.

Nobody is saying the show is trash so stop with that tired old expectations excuse just because because ain’t just happy to be here like you. Find one quote in here where the criticism isn’t constructive because last I checked, that’s what this forum’s for.

Again, I don't know what some of y'all want. It's a Western set in space. Western plots, Samurai plots aren't particularly complicated. They're mostly about the journey itself. You follow the hero as he wheels and deals in the Wild West or Wild Galaxy. Hopefully, he survives and rides off into the sunset.

Again, I don't know what some of y'all want. It's a Western set in space. Western plots, Samurai plots aren't particularly complicated. They're mostly about the journey itself. You follow the hero as he wheels and deals in the Wild West or Wild Galaxy. Hopefully, he survives and rides off into the sunset.

So from your description, I can’t just think the show is ok? I have to absolutely love it and say every episode is greatness? I feel like that’s what we’re going around in circles with.

Because like I said, post one thing I said that was “hate” and not something unbiased.

I thought it was a good episode 🤷‍♂️...It’s all context...These middle season episodes have one purpose, to show who Mando was and who he is now...It’s world building...In season 3 when these three mercs show up and kidnap Yodaling as revenge it’s going to be a big deal...When Ming turns back kicking *** people are going to go nuts...Last three eps weren’t as good as the first three for sure...Certainly aren’t bad...

This is the downside of the instant streaming era...Every single series ever has episodes that pull away from the main plot and maybe aren’t as good...Like every series ever...AND more often than not, those episodes fall in the middle of a season...Binge watching a series covers over those lesser episodes extremely well...

i really liked the past few episodes, they were fun and action oriented

did they ever say why he hates droids or are they still holding off on that info?

First three episodes were great but these last three have just been whatever to me.

Last three eps weren’t as good as the first three for sure...

Everything from my original quote that started all this discussion this morning to your statement above is why "discussing" Star Wars online is like talking to a wall. I absolutely don't mind it since I have time to kill, but still:lol:

So from your description, I can’t just think the show is ok? I have to absolutely love it and say every episode is greatness? I feel like that’s what we’re going around in circles with.

Because like I said, post one thing I said that was “hate” and not something unbiased.

I think you had unrealistic expectations of the show. I expected a Space Western and got one. If there's one lesson I learned about how Disney operates, they view their series differently from their movies (MCU vs Marvel Netflix shows). This is pretty high quality for a series and I'm hoping for a bigger connection to the Sagas but if not, I'm cool with what I got.

I think you had unrealistic expectations of the show. I expected a Space Western and got one. If there's one lesson I learned about how Disney operates, they view their series differently from their movies (MCU vs Marvel Netflix shows). This is pretty high quality for a series and I'm hoping for a bigger connection to the Sagas but if not, I'm cool with what I got.

I expected a show that felt like this trailer we were given. No more, no less. We got that in the first three episodes but definitely not in the last three which is my point.

Not cheesy dialogue with C-list actors. That's my biggest gripe with this show but I get it. You just appreciate you're getting this show. Good for you. Go watch the episode again while you're at it:lol:

Do we know how many Whistling Birds he's used? Anyone keeping score? Is this important information? :lol:

i really liked the past few episodes, they were fun and action oriented

did they ever say why he hates droids or are they still holding off on that info?
Droids killed his family and as well the mandalorian race, when he was a child.

No droids, no droids.

I expected a show that felt like this trailer we were given. No more, no less. We got that in the first three episodes but definitely not in the last three which is my point.

Not cheesy dialogue with C-list actors. That's my biggest gripe with this show but I get it. You just appreciate you're getting this show. Good for you. Go watch the episode again while you're at it:lol:

The trailer didn't lie. We got most of those scenes and then some (Baby Yoda). I'm expecting another big moment before the series is finished. The trailer made it clear, this is a show about a bounty hunter. We got a show about a bounty hunter. He doesn't say much, he wears a helmet. Literally, the Man With No Name. The Classic Spaghetti Western hero is a man who doesn't say much and kicks *** all over the place. And of course I will rewatch this episode, it was fire.

Back
Top Bottom