Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mando is great, but I had the feeling that they had incorporate Prime Luke or Jedi’s eventually because of Grogu. And again, that’s fine.

But with Ashoka focusing on Thrawn and Ezra, that will be great too

They need to do more. It’s the best series Disney has put out on its D+ platform (maybe better or worse than Loki).

They just need to be open to making more dark stories like these. It’s what made the later seasons of clone wars so great.

It does help that the acting and CGI is top notch too.

The problem, I guess, is that there's still a large portion of the fanbase that won't connect to this like they did for The Mandalorian, simply cuz it's more of a drama, than an adventure show. I like the fact that this shows a more 'realistic' side of living in the galaxy... Imperial officers having family issues, politicians needing to deal with actual galactic politics, life in small planets, etc. Ultimately, this'll hurt their ratings, which is all that matters, it seems. 😕

The problem, I guess, is that there's still a large portion of the fanbase that won't connect to this like they did for The Mandalorian, simply cuz it's more of a drama, than an adventure show. I like the fact that this shows a more 'realistic' side of living in the galaxy... Imperial officers having family issues, politicians needing to deal with actual galactic politics, life in small planets, etc. Ultimately, this'll hurt their ratings, which is all that matters, it seems. 😕
I can understand adhering to the Lucas Legacy of Adventures (Indiana Jones and Star Wars).

Cassian Andor is still on a journey/adventure. It’s just the tone.

The only thing missing is really the humor. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with messing the formula. Or creating new experiences.

wow yaddle byke. I saw a comment of someone theorizing this as Grogu's mom!! could this explain why we haven't seen her aft Ep.1??? Maybe she resigned from the council after revealing she broke the code or something?

But forgive my wild takes, i'm not on par with the lore

wow yaddle byke. I saw a comment of someone theorizing this as Grogu's mom!! could this explain why we haven't seen her aft Ep.1??? Maybe she resigned from the council after revealing she broke the code or something?

But forgive my wild takes, i'm not on par with the lore

Sounds like a plausible take to me.

How does this change our perception of Yoda? Or does it?
Kinda.

I feel like the Jedi council held themselves to an extreme standard that ultimate collapsed onto itself. Man’s could be the father of grogu, and kept it a secret; Anakin was just the red herring. Hence why he exiled and spiraled towards delirium, same with Luke.

The fact that they’re slowly shifting from the Jedi order to the more rogue grey Jedi seems like a great move for future developments. It also shows how the way of the Jedi order was no different than the sith; they were political instruments. Atleast a grey Jedi would have a more virtuous journey than serving for a team.

Andor Episode 8 🔥

More of a world building episode. Small tie into Rogue One.

Gotta say. Whoever is running this show. Great job. Good soundtrack. Good writing. Interesting characters. Probably the best thing put out on D+ (followed by Loki).

Andor Episode 8 🔥

More of a world building episode. Small tie into Rogue One.

Gotta say. Whoever is running this show. Great job. Good soundtrack. Good writing. Interesting characters. Probably the best thing put out on D+ (followed by Loki).

Same runners as Rogue One really. Hence why the feel is close to the movie.

I started watching Rogue One for the second time.

This is different. Only 45 minutes in, and it seems constrained by time and more focused on a Magnificent Seven type suicide mission. This helps frame why there is a rebellion. The different factions. The bureaucratic nature of the empire. And the empire within the empire (because Palpatine is a despot).

The old movies actually make no sense in hindsight lol. They really should have went for epic (Lord of the Rings/GoT), military, and human factor with the last trilogy.

Wow, this was a relatively tense and fast-paced episode... considering it's the 1st epi of the Act 3.

Poor ol Andor... I wonder what happened to his cred from the job? 😅 Confiscated by the Empire, I guess.
Snoke?! Surely it's not, but I did do a double-take when he popped up onscreen. 😅
And the floor was actually lava?! 🤭
I wonder if we'll get a reveal on what it is they're actually building? 🤔
And don't hurt Bix!!! 😠

Back
Top Bottom