Living in Cali

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

http://www.floridastategasprices.com/

http://losangelesgasprices.com/
http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/
http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

Starting with fuel, you're looking at almost a 50cent difference minimum between here and FL. LA and SD are car-centric, things are spread out. SF luckily has BART that will get you almost anywhere you need and within a short walking distance, but you're STILL going to be driving (obvious)

CA isn't as expensive as NYC, but it's a close second IMHO.
Currently living in NYC so this sounds good to me 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

All this talk about you need a certain income level to live here is a bunch of bull. I mean do you really need new shoes every month? Do you really need an expensive bachelor pad or live comfortably?

Just be frugal and live within your means regardless of what income level you are in. People come here to LA with $20, can't speak English and can still make a living here for themselves and their family. It's all about hard work and learning how to hustle/grind because there are tons of opportunities here in LA.
THIS

LA is a big city and just like every major city in the U.S. it's going to be more expensive than say a suburb in the south. Make sure you have a job lined up, watch your money and you should be good. I currently live in Chicago, I too am contemplating a move back out to Cali after graduation.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

All this talk about you need a certain income level to live here is a bunch of bull. I mean do you really need new shoes every month? Do you really need an expensive bachelor pad or live comfortably?

Just be frugal and live within your means regardless of what income level you are in. People come here to LA with $20, can't speak English and can still make a living here for themselves and their family. It's all about hard work and learning how to hustle/grind because there are tons of opportunities here in LA.
THIS

LA is a big city and just like every major city in the U.S. it's going to be more expensive than say a suburb in the south. Make sure you have a job lined up, watch your money and you should be good. I currently live in Chicago, I too am contemplating a move back out to Cali after graduation.

-The Juice

I just recently moved to the bay area from the south.

The diversity and lack of ignorance here is
eek.gif

Some many things completely left me dumbfounded when I first came here: The mountains, architecture, environment, walking, yes, just the ability to walk anywhere besides to and fro your car.

30t6p3b.gif
for me living so long in the south as a minority w/o realizing I shouldn't have to put up with having to over-compensate to ward off ignorance.

eek.gif

Some many things completely left me dumbfounded when I first came here: The mountains, architecture, environment, walking, yes, just the ability to walk anywhere besides to and fro your car.

30t6p3b.gif
for me living so long in the south as a minority w/o realizing I shouldn't have to put up with having to over-compensate to ward off ignorance.

love the scenery and the greenery...if you're into trees...dispensaries galore....theres so many out here...I'm like a block away'walking distance from my local club lol.

love the scenery and the greenery...if you're into trees...dispensaries galore....theres so many out here...I'm like a block away'walking distance from my local club lol.

Kind of a specific question but anyone know what the market is like for dentists over there? From what I've read recently, it's super saturated and really hard to find clients. I would really love to move out to cali once I graduate (currently in Edmonton, Alberta... - 35 and colder weather FTL! 
mad.gif
). 

Kind of a specific question but anyone know what the market is like for dentists over there? From what I've read recently, it's super saturated and really hard to find clients. I would really love to move out to cali once I graduate (currently in Edmonton, Alberta... - 35 and colder weather FTL! 
mad.gif
). 

There are some places with cheap rent in L.A. but I assume most people want to live where all the white people or asians have migrated to. 

There are some places with cheap rent in L.A. but I assume most people want to live where all the white people or asians have migrated to. 

Originally Posted by LiveFree

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
My dude got up here and had a revelation.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Where did you move to? SF, Peninsula, Eastbay, Southbay?

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
My dude got up here and had a revelation.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Where did you move to? SF, Peninsula, Eastbay, Southbay?

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

i just moved to cali not to long, and lets just say as a black man being single, i had sex with two Asian girls a bunch of Spanish chicks and one Armenian chick. In 21 years living in the CHI
the closest i ever gotten to this type of a diversity was that one white girl who tries to act like she black.

Californiacation of Life
pimp.gif

LMAO
pimp.gif
fam, go to Glendale next time. it's like 10 miles north of LA county I think, and the Glendale Galleria is filled with Armenian chicks (KIM KARDASHIAN!!), black, white, latinas, asians etc and best of all, 95% arent hoooodrats
laugh.gif
LOL, you're having a lot of fun in Cali

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

i just moved to cali not to long, and lets just say as a black man being single, i had sex with two Asian girls a bunch of Spanish chicks and one Armenian chick. In 21 years living in the CHI
the closest i ever gotten to this type of a diversity was that one white girl who tries to act like she black.

Californiacation of Life
pimp.gif

LMAO
pimp.gif
fam, go to Glendale next time. it's like 10 miles north of LA county I think, and the Glendale Galleria is filled with Armenian chicks (KIM KARDASHIAN!!), black, white, latinas, asians etc and best of all, 95% arent hoooodrats
laugh.gif
LOL, you're having a lot of fun in Cali

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

How it is living in the Bay? Where from down South?

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

How it is living in the Bay? Where from down South?

Its not 1985 anymore. Its tough to live in CA.
Damn, I was at a point to move out to Cali..... SoCal.

Good advises here.... gas,rent,taxes,Jobs SMH!!!!! All I can say is the weather is amazing in the summa!
smile.gif

I always thought you live in CA.

Its not 1985 anymore. Its tough to live in CA.
Damn, I was at a point to move out to Cali..... SoCal.

Good advises here.... gas,rent,taxes,Jobs SMH!!!!! All I can say is the weather is amazing in the summa!
smile.gif

I always thought you live in CA.

Back
Top Bottom