|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care if the cap is going up. I don't want Derozen on this roster period. :lol:

He's one of them dudes that just puts up a lot of shots, scores 20-23 points and that's all he does. He's been exposed in the playoffs playing against not that good teams. In Toronto people are looking at him like he's not that good, he'll definitely get exposed in LA. Then we gotta hope that a team gives us a lumpsided trade for him? Nah, let some other team take that problem.

How would he make this team worse tho?

I'm not with signing somebody just to sign them. Then hope down the road some team is dumb enough to trade for him. Makes no sense. Derozan does nothing to help these young dudes. That's how he makes us worse. If somebody can't compliment these young pieces leave 'em alone.

Are you implying we should remain a 17-22 win team until a superstar decides they wanna leave a great situation to join our team? :lol:

And throw out that idiotic trade scenario dude brought up a couple pages ago

Derozan is an upgrade over anyone currently in our backcourt and makes us a better and deeper team whether y'all wanna admit it or not... I'm not crazy about him but you have to start somehere.

Beggars can't be choosers

I don't know which trade scenario you talking anout. It's a bunch. :lol:

All I'm saying is his game doesn't help these young dudes develop. Sign pieces that do.

Not the same.
When the cap is 110+ mil

How is it not the same?

Like Mamba said who seriously would take Derozan off someones hands if he's makine $25+ million a year on his next contract and continues to be a chucker and puts up bad stats.

This is the main reason why no GM is going to do the Knicks any favors and trade for Melo and his bloated contract.Especially when Melo is getting older in his career.

Last edited:
I think DD and Whiteside are the only realistic chances we have at a top 10 free agent this summer

(I'm saying they're in the top 10 available free agents, not top 10 NBA players )

Everyone else will either stay put or go to a "win now" team.....Conley to Spurs, horford to rockets, etc

We're stuck with DD.....time to accept it

I think DD and Whiteside are the only realistic chances we have at a top 10 free agent this summer

(I'm saying they're in the top 10 available free agents, not top 10 NBA players )

Everyone else will either stay put or go to a "win now" team.....Conley to Spurs, horford to rockets, etc

We're stuck with DD.....time to accept it

:lol: at being stuck. They don't have to offer him a contract.

I know they don't have to but they will
They feel pressure of striking out for years
They want to start somewhere and sign someone that's an all star level player

This signing someone just for the sake of signing someone even though he's a bad fit and a one dimensional player is just asinine.

I'll keep saying it...  I love Ingram's game and I think he's perfect for this team but Ben has officially become underrated.

If he gets a jumper (a big if at this point) he's a franchise player.

^These Ingram highlight vids...:nthat:

0906874001458908588_filepicker.jpg

There's really no way they can mess this up. Just hope they don't even bring Dunn or Bender in and they have an incredible workout and Mitch goofs.

They don't have to sign anyone
Look at previous years, Lin and hibbert to be exact....if we strikeout on the superstars, Mitch can work his magic and fill the cap space with stop gap vets for next year then go ham in 2017.
The question is, who could we possibly trade for to fill our cap space by not mortgaging the future ?
E
P
CP
Mamba
?

We need at least a few long term signs that actually fit the team. Barnes hasn't exactly lit it up this season but say you get him and Festus for a combined 30-35 million. Use the rest to fill out the bench with vets (Noah) on one year deals to get to the 50 million threshold that we have to spend. You have flexibility, not bringing in guys who'll hurt the youth and still have room for a true superstar max guy next summer.

We need at least a few long term signs that actually fit the team. Barnes hasn't exactly lit it up this season but say you get him and Festus for a combined 30-35 million. Use the rest to fill out the bench with vets (Noah) on one year deals to get to the 50 million threshold that we have to spend. You have flexibility, not bringing in guys who'll hurt the youth and still have room for a true superstar max guy next summer.

You've been drinking.

30-35? No
Noah, 1 year? No
15ish mil that one year? No
Noah off the bench that one year? No

You'd have a better shot with HB/Baze/ You'd for ~50 and not a one year for Noah. More doable, not sure if likely tho.

Last edited:

Look at previous years, Lin and hibbert to be exact....if we strikeout on the superstars, Mitch can work his magic and fill the cap space with stop gap vets for next year then go ham in 2017.
The question is, who could we possibly trade for to fill our cap space by not mortgaging the future ?
E
P
CP
Mamba
?

What happens when we strike out in 17 tryna get a home run?

E
P
CP
Mamba
?

What happens when we strike out in 17 tryna get a home run?

Hail Mary and get the TD

You've been drinking.

30-35? No
Noah, 1 year? No
15ish mil that one year? No
Noah off the bench that one year? No

You'd have a better shot with HB/Baze/ You'd for ~50 and not a one year for Noah. More doable, not sure if likely tho.

Festus at 14-16 mil and Barnes at 18-20 is not doable?

As for Noah is doesn't have to be him specifically just a vet example.

I don't think Philly can afford to sell trading that pick to the fanbase after this 3 year fiasco. This is what they've been waiting for. They've been tanking 3 years on purpose to land the #1 pick and grab their franchise player. Unless you're getting a top 5 player for that pick...a trade would be a PR nightmare.

I wouldn't put too much stock into any rumors this early. I remember last year directly after the lottery when supposedly Flip Saunders favored Okafor and all Lakers fans ran with it and were convinced KAT would be there @ 2 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Since when is this Kevin Ding dude the prophet of what will happen in the future?

He's just another person speculating like the rest of us. He ain't psychic. He doesn't know what will happen on draft day, even the actual franchises being talked about don't even know what they're going to do on draft day.:rolleyes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom