|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been drinking.

30-35? No
Noah, 1 year? No
15ish mil that one year? No
Noah off the bench that one year? No

You'd have a better shot with HB/Baze/ You'd for ~50 and not a one year for Noah. More doable, not sure if likely tho.

Festus at 14-16 mil and Barnes at 18-20 is not doable?

As for Noah is doesn't have to be him specifically just a vet example.

No because GSW matches that for HB. Gotta overpay if you want him.

Then you think Ezeli just walks with? If GS let's HB go, they double up on keeping Ezeli. They can't let em both walk, to us. No way.

To get both, you'd need 40-45. You might get one, but I don't see both without a big overpay.

Since when is this Kevin Ding dude the prophet of what will happen in the future?

He's just another person speculating like the rest of us. He ain't psychic. He doesn't know what will happen on draft day, even the actual franchises being talked about don't even know what they're going to do on draft day.:rolleyes

Kevin Ding and Momo are the two most plugged in reporters when it comes to the Lakers.

No because GSW matches that for HB. Gotta overpay if you want him.

Then you think Ezeli just walks with? If GS let's HB go, they double up on keeping Ezeli. They can't let em both walk, to us. No way.

To get both, you'd need 40-45. You might get one, but I don't see both without a big overpay.

They can if they want to make a run at KD. I've been hearing 3 years/50 mil everywhere for Festus. That's 16.7. Barnes max is at 20 I think.

Since when is this Kevin Ding dude the prophet of what will happen in the future?

He's just another person speculating like the rest of us. He ain't psychic. He doesn't know what will happen on draft day, even the actual franchises being talked about don't even know what they're going to do on draft day.:rolleyes

Kevin Ding and Momo are the two most plugged in reporters when it comes to the Lakers.

That report don't mean anything
Just means Mitch is doing his job and answering phone calls
We're not in a position to get screwed, we do the screwing or no deal. Plain and simple
Trust in Mitch

He called the D'Angelo pick the morning of the draft before anyone else.

Kevin Ding is reporting we will "actively explore" trading the pick, as will the Sixers with their pick.

Just reading what he said.... By "actively explore," they'll take calls on it, and see what it will get, but it's very likely that they won't

In the same article..

That would set the Los Angeles Lakers up at No. 2 with Ingram, who already wowed them in his May 11 interview on opening day of the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago. Ingram’s drive to be great and dedication to winning, according to sources, resonated deeply with the Lakers’ front-office contingent.

Not saying Festus isn't a good player... Or can't get better... But he's had 2 knee surgeries, one on each knee. And has yet to log a full season of starter minutes. His career high is 16.7 mpg.

He's Ed Davis playing on better teams.

Last edited:
I can't get behind signing Festus, not for the money he'll find himself commanding. Not a starter, more of a super bench player whose knee injuries are the exact kind of problems that you don't want heavy players to have. He's not the right piece for where we are at this time.

Well we gave to get a Center this summer, the market is Horford, Festus, Noah, Dwert, Whiteside, Biyombo, Al Jefferson and Mo Speights. If the tea leaves are trending properly Horford and Whiteside are out. Dwert isn't coming back here. So you're left with Festus, Biyombo, Jefferson, Noah, and Speights. We need defense and rebounding, so Speights and Jefferson don't make sense in a starting role. See where the options are limited.

So if your scenario plays out we get a stop-gap for center and go from there. Why lock ourselves down to someone we know isn't a long term answer? Particularly if we find ourselves set in place for 1-4.

We can get some of those names on the shorter end of a deal and not be tied down longer than we're comfortable with.

Last edited:
So if your scenario plays out we get a stop-gap for center and go from there. Why lock ourselves down to someone we know isn't a long term answer? Particularly if we find ourselves set in place for 1-4.

We can get some of those names on the shorter end of a deal and not be tied down longer than we're comfortable with.

Who are you getting outside of maybe Speights on a 1 or 2 year deal? 14-16 mil is the new number for a starter or really good bench player. So if it's Festus or Biyombo, they're both still going enough and raw enough to have then grow with the rest of the core while also filling a major need.

Who are you getting outside of maybe Speights on a 1 or 2 year deal? 14-16 mil is the new number for a starter or really good bench player. So if it's Festus or Biyombo, they're both still going enough and raw enough to have then grow with the rest of the core while also filling a major need.

Doesn't have to be a straight 1-2 year deal. 3 years, team option for 4th year, something to that effect. It's about having as much mobility as possible, being able to escape the deal after the kids have more or less arrived into their early prime years or even making it an appealing deal for trade in the future.

Doesn't have to be a straight 1-2 year deal. 3 years, team option for 4th year, something to that effect. It's about having as much mobility as possible, being able to escape the deal after the kids have more or less arrived into their early prime years or even making it an appealing deal for trade in the future.

That's what I said 3 years 50 mil for him or Biyombo. The max ant contract we can give is 4 years to a guy not on the team right now. No more 6 or 7 year deals.

That's what I said 3 years 50 mil for him or Biyombo. The max ant contract we can give is 4 years to a guy not on the team right now. No more 6 or 7 year deals.

I don't think I caught you saying 3/50, but that's an ideal contract for the second tier centers, so I agree.

Luke Walton Won't See Predraft Workouts

Okay, what I was trying to say during the game, if I had used the right mic:

The Lakers got the second pick in Tuesday's Draft Lottery, but their new coach, Luke Walton, is still working as the Warriors' associate head coach until Golden State is eliminated from the playoffs. So Walton may have to miss a number of Predraft workouts the Lakers schedule with some of the top Draft prospects. The Lakers are taping every workout for him to view when he can. Walton and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak text each other every day and talk on the phone when possible, but the Lakers are being very respectful of Walton's remaining days at Golden State.

In the meantime, Walton is continuing to try and convince Brian Shaw to join his Lakers coaching staff. But Shaw is also being wooed by new Pacers head coach Nate McMillan for a similar position, according to sources. Ideally, Shaw would serve as Walton's proxy in L.A. during the Predraft workouts.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soms3m

Another direction that could make some sense, and would not mind is loading up at Center (Whiteside & Biyombo).

I don't give a damn about Riley, and him saying # 1 priority. He's Unrestricted, the team is a giant question mark. Signing Whiteside & Wade eats all their cap space. He'd also get more exposure, and praise on a team that doesn't feature Dwyane Wade.He's a guy that wants the shine, it won't happen as long as Wade is on the team. Not to mention this team also benched him when he was putting up monster numbers.

Whiteside & Biyombo both fit for D'Angelo Russell. Whiteside 94th percentile on P&R as roll man. Biyombo was 84th percentile, iirc. Defense & Rebounding is there.

On top of that you sign DeMar DeRozan with what should be a near max, if not a max.. Didn't run the numbers of what would be left. But it's close off the top of my head.

Russell / Clarkson / Huertas
DeRozan / Lou Will
Ingram / ??? / A. Brown
Randle / Nance Jr.
Whiteside / Biyombo / Black

And what you do is you see how that works. It immediately puts you in the late lottery next year, so you get immediate improvement, and as the young guys improve & progress, the further they can take us. But if it's not as good as you want, you look to package Clarkson & Lou Will, or Biyombo & Lou or even Whiteside & Lou in 2017 or 2018, and you look to get what you need.

Last edited:
Another direction that could make some sense, and would not mind is loading up at Center (Whiteside & Biyombo).

I don't give a damn about Riley, and him saying # 1 priority. He's Unrestricted, the team is a giant question mark. Signing Whiteside & Wade eats all their cap space. He'd also get more exposure, and praise on a team that doesn't feature Dwyane Wade.He's a guy that wants the shine, it won't happen as long as Wade is on the team. Not to mention this team also benched him when he was putting up monster numbers.

Whiteside & Biyombo both fit for D'Angelo Russell. Whiteside 94th percentile on P&R as roll man. Biyombo was 84th percentile, iirc. Defense & Rebounding is there.

On top of that you sign DeMar DeRozan with what should be a near max, if not a max.. Didn't run the numbers of what would be left. But it's close off the top of my head.

Russell / Clarkson / Huertas
DeRozan / Lou Will
Ingram / ??? / A. Brown
Randle / Nance Jr.
Whiteside / Biyombo / Black

And what you do is you see how that works. It immediately puts you in the late lottery next year, so you get immediate improvement, and as the young guys improve & progress, the further they can take us. But if it's not as good as you want, you look to package Clarkson & Lou Will, or Biyombo & Lou or even Whiteside & Lou in 2017 or 2018, and you look to get what you need.

Whiteside is not signing here this summer.

Deal with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom