**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
given that the Giants season is going nowhere AND that they're testing out Geno and not their "future", this is ENTIRELY disrespectful to Elisha. we can laugh at it but at the end of the day, not a good move or look by the org. at all

:lol:

Eli is such the lovable loser and it's got you guys in your feels. Between the NY media and ballerific's boisterous ***, I can't tell whose making this bigger than it needs to be. McAdoo is a weirdo, questionable guy, but Eli shouldn't have been starter this long anyway, realistically. He was a part of two mystical Giants SB's...That time been gone...get over it. The market always corrects itself..Eli been washed and McAdoo is making a questionable call, but will ultimately get fired and be gone...so it goes...It's been evident for years now that Eli isn't great, but now that the team around him is just as bad, we wanna say it's not his fault? :lol: Ok..He's just as much part of the problem. The whole org needs to be blown up right now.

Most will wake up and one year from now and forget all about this because it's not a big deal. It's not the end of an era for a true great like the Peyton's, Favre's, Montana's, etc...btw, every one of those guys didn't have the storybook ending with their OG team and they were 2x, 3x, 10x the Q Eli is...Too many feelings for something so trivial..

:lol: that's all true to a degree. but those guys were passed over for franchise players when they got dumped by their OG teams. Elisha getting dumped for Geno really makes no sense. if it was Webb, i'd give it to them. see what they got in that kid. but for Geno? that's just hilarious and wrong...and like you said, a sign of how big a train-wreck that organization is.

but anyway, which one of y'all is this:

What I'm sayin' is this really that big a deal for everyone to be up in arms about? No way. He's front page of ESPN...It's the NY media. Eli sucks, man..He was only better than mediocre maybe 2 seasons his entire career and then otherworldly for about 8 total playoff games.

Geno or not...Eli been going through the motions and can't make plays. Everyone been out here saying that when he gets pressured, he don't even try, just grounds it and calls it good. At least Geno is hungry.

I can see how this looks bad, but it's not a big deal. And given ballerifics history, you damn well know he'd be hahahaha at these events if it wasn't the team he rooted for. That gig is transparent as ****.

And also...Peyton in Denver was still benched by Osweiler...It was all jokes then here, wasn't it? Not his OG team, but that never should have happened either...That is way more laughable than this..

Eli and Ben are in the same “twilight” portion of their careers. The only difference is Eli had no O line; an entire receiving Corp get hurt and a defense that took a season long vacation.

And also...Peyton in Denver was still benched by Osweiler...It was all jokes then here, wasn't it? Not his OG team, but that never should have happened either...That is way more laughable than this..

Peyton was throwing punts.

...And then he was re-inserted and was discredited for winning a SB the same way Eli was credited for despite those two miraculous catches. Eli has not looked good for years. YEARS...I mean, I don't have to say it..look it up yourselves if you don't remember everyone calling OBJ the real MVP with how much he been carrying that Giants O and prolonging Eli's tenure. IT'S ALL RIGHT HERE...now, I'm supposed to believe people care about this? :lol: Disdain for McAdoo is what it is.

like i said earlier, being replaced by trash QBs just runs is da family! :lol:

but nah, that was bad as well, but the "disrespect" factor is much less given it not being his original team with all the history. i know i laughed at that one like i laughed at this one but at that time, given his play and Denver having that defense and run game and being in the hunt, i thought it made more sense than this. i feel like with the Giants, either ride the ship into the abyss with Elisha or give Webb a shot. Geno has no business getting the nod on a 1-11 team or whatever pathetic record they got.

Well, it's not a decision I would make on the outside looking in, but like I said..I bet Geno is at least hungry. If Eli is hungry and this is how he's been playing then he doesn't deserve to be in there.

hey i've always maintained that Elisha and Peyton both rode coat tails to those rings...i've been consistent on that since day one!!! you know this, man! :lol:

whether or not i'm wrong on that, i been consistent :lol:

...And then he was re-inserted and was discredited for winning a SB the same way Eli was credited for despite those two miraculous catches. Eli has not looked good for years. YEARS...I mean, I don't have to say it..look it up yourselves if you don't remember everyone calling OBJ the real MVP with how much he been carrying that Giants O and prolonging Eli's tenure. IT'S ALL RIGHT HERE...now, I'm supposed to believe people care about this? :lol: Disdain for McAdoo is what it is.

Eli was never a world beater, he was/is a serviceable QB with with a notable name that’s never out that and for some reason goes super saiyan god mode in high pressure situations. No matter what any of us say he’ll be in Canton one day.

Speaking of the zest gawd I wonder what’s his take on this situation?

DSA: I do...I been saying this aloud, but it's not you I'm really going at, we just the only two awake. :lol:

I just wanna call the bs where I see it and you (as in anyone) can disagree with it, but for some to be so adamant is funny.

IMG_5842.PNG

Hard for me to feel sorry for Eli when I get reminded what dude pulled on draft day.. but then again I have my issues with the draft in that exact same context to a degree, but that's a completely different convo

Obviously geno is not Steve young or Andrew luck, but if the 9ers/Montana and colts/luck can happen don't see the big deal with it happening it to Eli.. other than it's mcadoo/Reese/geno combo doing it to him

I like how DSA is egging on 651 with the Eli slander

I don’t think anyone here thinks Eli has been a “great” QB at one point, at his peak Eli was very good, and mostly just good to average to sometimes below average. I think he’s almost like Phillip Rivers except with two rings.

But I think the sentimental feelings of the Giants fans that want Eli to finish the entire season is quite valid too, as he is a fan favorite and was part of those two super bowl winning teams. Even for football reasons, Eli actually hasn’t been bad this season, which is surprising given their injuries on offense and lack of a running game. So....I have no clue how Geno will flourish with those symptoms either, so you might as well ride with the veteran for one last hoorah before he gets shipped to Jacksonville or some other place.

Feelings about McAdoo aside, if my coaching job is on the line (despite how it got there) and my QB is a complacent Eli, I wouldn't want to see that another week either. Like I said, Geno is hungry and Davis Webb will never ever be anything. Geno is probably the best QB on that roster....If he isn't, it won't hurt to give him a shot on a 2 and 9 ******* football team. :lol: This is a non-issue in terms of football. Eli has had more than enough opportunity..Give Geno another shot.

Well, Eli did give McAdoo permission to bench him, but I don’t think Eli has been bad given the amount of crap the Giants been doing this season.

It is what it is, I can see why Giants fans are upset still.

Idk, Giants gonna continue sucking anyway.

Not everyone's going to agree on this, but I don't think the backlash is so necessary for everyone else to jump on the NY media train. Eli is a class act and did well for the franchise. This situation isn't ideal, but I can understand from the other standpoint outside of an Eli supporter or whatever the hell you want to call it. It's trivial ****.

Eli and Ben are in the same “twilight” portion of their careers. The only difference is Eli had no O line; an entire receiving Corp get hurt and a defense that took a season long vacation.

Nah chillllll, Ben had a rough start to this season but he is nowhere NEAR the twilight that Eli is currently at. Eli reached the twilight a few years ago but then Beckham came in and gave him life again. He's been garbage. Every single week people in here talk about how garbage Eli is. Now he gets benched finally and some of the same people that trash him every time his name is brought up are like "omg those mean Giants they can't do this to a legend :frown: :frown:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom