LOCK!!! NEW THREAD IS OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 1115890
James is listed at 6-8, 250 pounds on the Cavaliers' roster (although many believe he was closer to 265). Throughout his career he's been a mass of coiled steel, a unique physical specimen with unparalleled speed and agility.

But, as Sports Illustrated points out, he is getting older ... he'll turn 30 in December. SI says there were some "whispers" last season on whether James had slowed a bit.

Perhaps James took that to heart. Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com tweeted Monday that James has cut carbs from his diet and has dropped "significant" weight. In the photo he does appear much trimmer.

SI says stars such as Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Steve Nash also adjusted their diets in the past in order to prolong their careers.

That has to be the hope for James. Carrying fewer pounds could result in more speed and quickness and less stress on his knees. Some might wonder if it will result in the loss of some strength, however.

It appears Cavs fans shouldn't worry about James showing up to training camp out of shape.

I think that makes sense - especially if Love comes to CLE. Good for longevity too.

Last edited:
How many of you are going to the welcome home Rally at U of A on Friday? If so, hit me up, i'll be there, we'll take 1 back.

James Jones and Mike Miller have both been officially named to the Cavaliers.

Marion and Allen are still very much on the radar.

Would love to bring both of them in.

Still think they need to get a C.

We can have 20 guys on our roster but have to trim to 15 for the season.

For those interested, the Miller and Jones press conference will be tomorrow at 11:00AM on cavs.com

Last edited:
I looked through the FA list and these are the centers that are still available

Hilton Armstrong
Andrew Bynum :x
Jason Collins
Aaron Gray
Ryan Hollins
James Bernard
Nazr Mohammed
Greg Monroe
Byron Mullens
Greg Oden
Emeka Okafor
Kevin Seraphin

Monroe would be great but that's impossible.
I dunno what Okafor's situation is... is he badly hurt? If not, he is a decent rim protector imo

I looked through the FA list and these are the centers that are still available

Nazr Mohammed
Byron Mullens
Emeka Okafor

Monroe would be great but that's impossible.
I dunno what Okafor's situation is... is he badly hurt? If not, he is a decent rim protector imo

Monroe = no chance.

Seraphin is signed

Oden and Bynum = **** NO.

Those are the only legit people they can target.

It's gonna be weak regardless.

Love and TT are gonna have to be aggressive and for the love of god Varejao CANNOT AND I MEAN CANNOT get injured again.

Haywood willl have to man up and hopefully we can get something out of Dwight Powell.

I know for a fact Mullens is trash. Dude thinks he's a stretch 5 but his 3 pt % is beyond atrocious.

I hope Cavs sign Okafor.... may not have enough money though...

I heard that they wanna sign both Marion and Allen.

that would be awesome.

Kyrie-Delly
Dion-Miller-Allen
James-Marion-Jones
Love-Thompson
Varejao-Haywood

dudes....

Love has to be traded here first :tongue: so it's two rosters we have to remember to use in hypotheticals :smile:

Last edited:
Looking at that roster kinda makes me miss Zeller...... nah, not really :lol:

In other news hows Korea, man?

Korea's great, man.

Lots of things to do in a day or in a night, as long as you got money to burn :lol:

Major gripe I have is a lack of indoor court though... Pretty much forced to ball outside unless you play for a local amateur club. Thankfully I found one to join, but before that it was ALWAYS outdoor and I killed a lot of my bball shoes from playing outside :smh:

You put you're faith in a fat walrus :rofl: didn't he say he thought lebron was staying in Miami :rofl: dude is a joke just like the rest of ESPN

I got faith in a lot of other people than that **** head. I legit hate that guy :lol:

Stay in Miami you tool.

Looking at that roster kinda makes me miss Zeller...... nah, not really :lol:
Korea's great, man.

Lots of things to do in a day or in a night, as long as you got money to burn :lol:

Major gripe I have is a lack of indoor court though... Pretty much forced to ball outside unless you play for a local amateur club. Thankfully I found one to join, but before that it was ALWAYS outdoor and I killed a lot of my ball shoes from playing outside :smh:

Hell yeah man :pimp:.

Glad you found a club bro.

When you coming back to the states?

I got faith in a lot of other people than that **** head. I legit hate that guy :lol:

Stay in Miami you tool.
Hell yeah man :pimp:.

Glad you found a club bro.

When you coming back to the states?

If everything goes according to the plan, I'ma be there 2015 summer. Gonna take another LSAT this october to increase my score a lil bit more, and then I'll decide where to apply for. No matter where I go, I'll make sure I attend at least a couple Cavs games :pimp:

To be honest my main gripe with the love situation is he bolts next year.

And we look stupid giving young prospects.
I also feel like he will have a hard time adjusting not being the man. He had the 9th highest usage rate right below Kyrie. Will he be able to adjust to only score when Kyrie and Bron decide to run the pick and pop or roll? How about when he sees his numbers dip (17&10-all star starter tho) and only has a few isolation post ups called for him?

It won't matter nearly as much when Cavs start rolling and make a deep run in the playoff. Plus I think Love can adjust to being a complimentary player, similar to how he played in team USA. If he bolts though... :x

If they do the trade unsure if Love is committed long term then it is idiotic. I'm just not thinking that way. I think the trade is made on the 23rd or 24th and Love will commit to the Cavs for the long haul because he is assured that Kyrie is here for the next 6 seasons and Bron is here for life.

This team won't be perfect.. if they start the year off like 10-10 don't be shocked.

We will need time to get it all together, but when we do it's lights out.

Playoffs again.... Playoffs....Playoffs...My god I just wanna scream.

Last edited:
It won't matter nearly as much when Cavs start rolling and make a deep run in the playoff. Plus I think Love can adjust to being a complimentary player, similar to how he played in team USA. If he bolts though... :x
Love and Kyrie playoff virgins tho. Playoffs a different zone from what certain players say. Still feel like if we do make to the finals no one could beat us out west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom