Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I'm sick of "just wait 1 more season" game with Biedrins. Sometimes, they're just not that good and need a new situation.

Seems like Biedrins is the Alex Smith of the Warriors.
laugh.gif

I think the Warriors want to get more out of him; understandable given he's a big man...as bad as he is, there are definitely teams out there that think they can make him play like he did before 2009. I don't  blame them for trying to get more value...maybe they're trying to see if they can get Chuck Hayes or something.

Rusty Simmons posted on his blog that the Warriors supposedly had passed on the offer of Thabeet/Hill for Biedrins. Kind of happy about that. I didn't like the deal, even if the deal was for the salary dump.

Rusty Simmons posted on his blog that the Warriors supposedly had passed on the offer of Thabeet/Hill for Biedrins. Kind of happy about that. I didn't like the deal, even if the deal was for the salary dump.

Hey guys, I was wondering where is the best place I can cop some warriors stuff in SF? Ill be staying at the San Remo hotel in SF for the first week of August and I wanna re-up on some GSW stuff since the last time I came out. I live in MI/TN, so its not too often I get out there.  Hopefully I can pick up some Monta stuff before he goes
frown.gif
Always liked the Warriors from afar and he's on of my all-time favorites.

Hey guys, I was wondering where is the best place I can cop some warriors stuff in SF? Ill be staying at the San Remo hotel in SF for the first week of August and I wanna re-up on some GSW stuff since the last time I came out. I live in MI/TN, so its not too often I get out there.  Hopefully I can pick up some Monta stuff before he goes
frown.gif
Always liked the Warriors from afar and he's on of my all-time favorites.

How much value can we really get out of a trade for beidrins anyways. No other team has shown interest and it is unlikely that the rockets will do anything else to try and sweeten the deal. 
Like they say "The first offer is usually the best offer" looks like we'll be stuck with him until next season.
sick.gif

How much value can we really get out of a trade for beidrins anyways. No other team has shown interest and it is unlikely that the rockets will do anything else to try and sweeten the deal. 
Like they say "The first offer is usually the best offer" looks like we'll be stuck with him until next season.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by What up

What new group? Whoever that group is, are they going to put the basketball in the hoop for him? Keep him healthy/motivated? Him help with his limp wrist trot from end to end without any kind of impact on the game? Is Jerry West going to make Biedrins into a real basketball player? Is Mark Jackson? When will these cop-outs end?
They've been doing this for years.  There's a reason they get paid millions and we're here posting on niketalk.  Like I said, I'll wait and see.

Originally Posted by What up

What new group? Whoever that group is, are they going to put the basketball in the hoop for him? Keep him healthy/motivated? Him help with his limp wrist trot from end to end without any kind of impact on the game? Is Jerry West going to make Biedrins into a real basketball player? Is Mark Jackson? When will these cop-outs end?
They've been doing this for years.  There's a reason they get paid millions and we're here posting on niketalk.  Like I said, I'll wait and see.

Like What Up mentioned before...maybe Jackson telling Biedrins he's better than that will take him to another level.

Like What Up mentioned before...maybe Jackson telling Biedrins he's better than that will take him to another level.

Who is "they?" And what exactly have they been doing for years? Sorry bro, I dont understand your argument at all. How do you expect different results if you approach the issue the same way time after time? P.S. didnt Rowell make millions?

Who is "they?" And what exactly have they been doing for years? Sorry bro, I dont understand your argument at all. How do you expect different results if you approach the issue the same way time after time? P.S. didnt Rowell make millions?

Was really hoping that deal would fall through...

Saw Andrew630 today at Golden Gate Park's concert...That lady in the pink though,
pimp.gif
(no not really
sick.gif
).

Was really hoping that deal would fall through...

Saw Andrew630 today at Golden Gate Park's concert...That lady in the pink though,
pimp.gif
(no not really
sick.gif
).

[h2][/h2]
[h2]What’s Andris Biedrins’ value? Good question[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on June 26th, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

For the Warriors, Andris Biedrins is worth … (FILL IN THE BLANK).

This is a good mental exercise, coming off of MT-2’s confirmation and amplification/explanation yesterday of Richard Justice’s post-draft report that the Rockets tried to get Biedrins from the Warriors on draft night and will continue to try to get him.

MT-2 reports that the Rockets have offered Jordan Hill and/or Hasheem Thabeet (the two players’ salaries combined would make the numbers work), and that the Warriors aren’t interested in those names so far.
They want more than two players who, even with Biedrins bottoming out last season, probably won’t ever be as good as Biedrins is now.

First natural reaction: The Warriors have a taker for Biedrins’ remaining $27M and they’re not jumping at the offer?

But then you think about it a little…

Really, it’s like a personality/attitude/history test, because Biedrins is worth many different things to many different people, and it does change every season or every month or perhaps every week.

* If you realize he just turned 25, is a career 59.5% FG shooter with good rebound numbers for most of his six-season career, and that young centers  always have value in the NBA, you can easily conclude that Biedrins does and should have value.

-That’s what a few NBA execs have cotinued to believe over the last two years, even as Biedrins retreated into a shell of lost confidence and utter offensive uselessness.

“Somebody’s going to want him,

[h2][/h2]
[h2]What’s Andris Biedrins’ value? Good question[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on June 26th, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

For the Warriors, Andris Biedrins is worth … (FILL IN THE BLANK).

This is a good mental exercise, coming off of MT-2’s confirmation and amplification/explanation yesterday of Richard Justice’s post-draft report that the Rockets tried to get Biedrins from the Warriors on draft night and will continue to try to get him.

MT-2 reports that the Rockets have offered Jordan Hill and/or Hasheem Thabeet (the two players’ salaries combined would make the numbers work), and that the Warriors aren’t interested in those names so far.
They want more than two players who, even with Biedrins bottoming out last season, probably won’t ever be as good as Biedrins is now.

First natural reaction: The Warriors have a taker for Biedrins’ remaining $27M and they’re not jumping at the offer?

But then you think about it a little…

Really, it’s like a personality/attitude/history test, because Biedrins is worth many different things to many different people, and it does change every season or every month or perhaps every week.

* If you realize he just turned 25, is a career 59.5% FG shooter with good rebound numbers for most of his six-season career, and that young centers  always have value in the NBA, you can easily conclude that Biedrins does and should have value.

-That’s what a few NBA execs have cotinued to believe over the last two years, even as Biedrins retreated into a shell of lost confidence and utter offensive uselessness.

“Somebody’s going to want him,

Back
Top Bottom