Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Don't mean to intrude on the Biedrins bashing, but I was curious if yall could answer some questions about some of the players the Bulls are interested in on your squad...

- What are some of the weaknesses you guys see with Monta/Lee? I've heard Monta is spotty with his defense, may hog the ball too much at times and Lee was not what you all had hoped after he was done in NY (or is it that he doesn't fit well with both Monta/Curry on the same team)? How is Lee on defense?

- (I've heard of Monta/Lee for Boozer/Asik/Brewer as a possibility) By what our management says, it's unlikely we make that big of a move...but I'm curious to get the other side's thoughts

- Are you all getting the vibe Monta is being shopped regardless of what management says (given the Thompson pick)?

Don't mean to intrude on the Biedrins bashing, but I was curious if yall could answer some questions about some of the players the Bulls are interested in on your squad...

- What are some of the weaknesses you guys see with Monta/Lee? I've heard Monta is spotty with his defense, may hog the ball too much at times and Lee was not what you all had hoped after he was done in NY (or is it that he doesn't fit well with both Monta/Curry on the same team)? How is Lee on defense?

- (I've heard of Monta/Lee for Boozer/Asik/Brewer as a possibility) By what our management says, it's unlikely we make that big of a move...but I'm curious to get the other side's thoughts

- Are you all getting the vibe Monta is being shopped regardless of what management says (given the Thompson pick)?

I don't think Monta is a ballhog; he does take a lot of shots, but he's a very willing passer (averages nearly 6 assists per game), and you never feel like he's ruining ball movement when he takes his shots. Warrior fans would know a ballhog when they see one...they've had quite a couple from Maggette to Stephen Jackson...
Lee isn't the best defender, but it doesn't help that the Warriors don't have good center play. He's what I expected; he's a legit starting PF but obviously has holes in his game.

Monta is definitely being shopped, but I think the only way he's going to be traded is if there's truly a deal out there that will get at least an all-star caliber player and/or a quality, legit big man back. If the Warriors and Bulls traded, it would have to start with Deng or Noah. Otherwise, the Warriors won't move him.

I don't think Monta is a ballhog; he does take a lot of shots, but he's a very willing passer (averages nearly 6 assists per game), and you never feel like he's ruining ball movement when he takes his shots. Warrior fans would know a ballhog when they see one...they've had quite a couple from Maggette to Stephen Jackson...
Lee isn't the best defender, but it doesn't help that the Warriors don't have good center play. He's what I expected; he's a legit starting PF but obviously has holes in his game.

Monta is definitely being shopped, but I think the only way he's going to be traded is if there's truly a deal out there that will get at least an all-star caliber player and/or a quality, legit big man back. If the Warriors and Bulls traded, it would have to start with Deng or Noah. Otherwise, the Warriors won't move him.

The Warriors are expected to announce on Tuesday that they are purchasing the Dakota Wizards of the D-League, giving Golden State complete control over the minor-league team.
The Warriors had been affiliated with the Reno Bighorns -- along with the Sacramento Kings -- as part of what is known as a "hybrid affiliation."

The Warriors are now one of four NBA teams that will own a D-League team outright, and use it as their own minor-league team, in essence. The San Antonio Spurs own the Austin Toros, the Los Angeles Lakers own the Los Angeles D-Fenders and the Oklahoma City Thunder own the Tulsa 66ers.
http://
The Warriors will now be in charge of all basketball and business operations of the Dakota team, which finished 19-31 in the D-League's Eastern Division a season ago.

Golden State has found a lot of talent in the D-League over the years, including Kelenna Azubuike, C.J. Watson and Anthony Tolliver, among others. It is possible that the Dakota team, based in Bismarck, N.D., could possibly end up somewhere in the Bay Area eventually.

I'll know where to go watch Jeremy Lin next year.
grin.gif

The Warriors are expected to announce on Tuesday that they are purchasing the Dakota Wizards of the D-League, giving Golden State complete control over the minor-league team.
The Warriors had been affiliated with the Reno Bighorns -- along with the Sacramento Kings -- as part of what is known as a "hybrid affiliation."

The Warriors are now one of four NBA teams that will own a D-League team outright, and use it as their own minor-league team, in essence. The San Antonio Spurs own the Austin Toros, the Los Angeles Lakers own the Los Angeles D-Fenders and the Oklahoma City Thunder own the Tulsa 66ers.
http://
The Warriors will now be in charge of all basketball and business operations of the Dakota team, which finished 19-31 in the D-League's Eastern Division a season ago.

Golden State has found a lot of talent in the D-League over the years, including Kelenna Azubuike, C.J. Watson and Anthony Tolliver, among others. It is possible that the Dakota team, based in Bismarck, N.D., could possibly end up somewhere in the Bay Area eventually.

I'll know where to go watch Jeremy Lin next year.
grin.gif

Should've pulled the trigger on Biedrins once it was offered...I don't believe any of that crap mentioned. For the last two years, what you see is what you get with him + no improvement.

Should've pulled the trigger on Biedrins once it was offered...I don't believe any of that crap mentioned. For the last two years, what you see is what you get with him + no improvement.

Steinmetz : Another team interested in Andris....the Portland Trail Blazers not sure what the details are though

get something done Lacob

Steinmetz : Another team interested in Andris....the Portland Trail Blazers not sure what the details are though

get something done Lacob

We now got 2 teams that are interested in Andris?! This FO better get a deal done while teams are actually calling about him.

We now got 2 teams that are interested in Andris?! This FO better get a deal done while teams are actually calling about him.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

David Lee?  Defense? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Juice2352

David Lee?  Defense? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

in a sense they are right. biedris is worth more than teams are offering. i say let him get atleast until all star break to prove himself. if hes sucking trade him to a playoff team in need of rebounding

i dont think the hill and thabeet trade will be off the table if he still stinks it up
laugh.gif

i just hope the warriors dont do something dumb like sign shannon brown..

in a sense they are right. biedris is worth more than teams are offering. i say let him get atleast until all star break to prove himself. if hes sucking trade him to a playoff team in need of rebounding

i dont think the hill and thabeet trade will be off the table if he still stinks it up
laugh.gif

i just hope the warriors dont do something dumb like sign shannon brown..

Beidrins' confidence is shot beyond repair imo. Its definitely better to get rid of his ridiculous contract now before the season starts and other teams see how bad he is. There is a chance that he might be better this coming season, but I wouldn't risk it.

Beidrins' confidence is shot beyond repair imo. Its definitely better to get rid of his ridiculous contract now before the season starts and other teams see how bad he is. There is a chance that he might be better this coming season, but I wouldn't risk it.

Back
Top Bottom