Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Originally Posted by acidicality

there's one guy who's wearing orange socks who is the most overrated player of the group, if thats what u mean

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
i'm not a huge fan of westbrook. he's good and better than curry obviously but he's overrated especially here, in my opinion, especially when people are already considering him as a top 5 PG.

laugh.gif
i'm not a huge fan of westbrook. he's good and better than curry obviously but he's overrated especially here, in my opinion, especially when people are already considering him as a top 5 PG.

laugh.gif
He is though.

laugh.gif
He is though.

No order:
Deron
CP3
Rose
Rondo
Nash (getting old, but he's still a better point guard)

I didn't say he couldn't be...but he isn't right now.

No order:
Deron
CP3
Rose
Rondo
Nash (getting old, but he's still a better point guard)

I didn't say he couldn't be...but he isn't right now.

Rondo? Oh, the guy that teams don't even guard outside of 12 feet? The one that can't be trusted in the 4th quarter because of his pathetic free throw shooting?

Nash? The worst defensive point guard in the NBA?

He's either 4th or 5th.

Rondo? Oh, the guy that teams don't even guard outside of 12 feet? The one that can't be trusted in the 4th quarter because of his pathetic free throw shooting?

Nash? The worst defensive point guard in the NBA?

He's either 4th or 5th.

It's a matter of opinion, but Rondo and Nash are better as point guards, distributing the rock when they need to. (See: Westbrook in playoffs this year)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get back and forth on this, but I'm not sold on him being an elite player yet is all. Maybe it's me being a Cal fan and not liking UCLA players, maybe not
laugh.gif

It's a matter of opinion, but Rondo and Nash are better as point guards, distributing the rock when they need to. (See: Westbrook in playoffs this year)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get back and forth on this, but I'm not sold on him being an elite player yet is all. Maybe it's me being a Cal fan and not liking UCLA players, maybe not
laugh.gif

True, Westbrook isn't a prototypical point. He does take a lot of shots, but he has to on that team. Durant didn't get enough criticism for his play during the playoffs. He wasn't aggressive and failed to get open on numerous occasions leaving Westbrook with the ball with the clock running down. Don't get me wrong, Westbrook has his flaws, but too many people look at only his playoff performance and fail to see that he outplayed Durant much of the regular season.

True, Westbrook isn't a prototypical point. He does take a lot of shots, but he has to on that team. Durant didn't get enough criticism for his play during the playoffs. He wasn't aggressive and failed to get open on numerous occasions leaving Westbrook with the ball with the clock running down. Don't get me wrong, Westbrook has his flaws, but too many people look at only his playoff performance and fail to see that he outplayed Durant much of the regular season.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

This.

Durant is the most passive leading scorer I have ever seen. He can't play well without the ball and doesn't know how to get open. Westbrook took a lot of heat during the playoffs that was unwarranted. I mean his team doesn't know how to run plays and when it falls apart Westbrook is left going iso at the top of the key. I remember when he got benched in the western finals and he was yelling about how no one knew how to run the play, forcing him to throw up a bad shot.

Not saying Westbrook is completely guilt free but Durant should share some of the blame as well.  People praise Durant for his unselfishness and him being such a team player, but he should know when to take over games and demand the ball. Instead of standing in the wing and waiting for his pg to pass him the ball.

This.

Durant is the most passive leading scorer I have ever seen. He can't play well without the ball and doesn't know how to get open. Westbrook took a lot of heat during the playoffs that was unwarranted. I mean his team doesn't know how to run plays and when it falls apart Westbrook is left going iso at the top of the key. I remember when he got benched in the western finals and he was yelling about how no one knew how to run the play, forcing him to throw up a bad shot.

Not saying Westbrook is completely guilt free but Durant should share some of the blame as well.  People praise Durant for his unselfishness and him being such a team player, but he should know when to take over games and demand the ball. Instead of standing in the wing and waiting for his pg to pass him the ball.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

This.

So you are saying Durant is a passive scorer, yet he doesn't play well without the ball and doesn't know how to get open? Those two statements are contradictory. He does play well without the ball; a lot of his buckets come from alley-oops and receiving passes that lead to easy dunks. What he needs to work on is when he gets the ball on an isolation. He too often settles for a contested jump shot when he should be beating his man off the dribble and driving in more.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

This.

So you are saying Durant is a passive scorer, yet he doesn't play well without the ball and doesn't know how to get open? Those two statements are contradictory. He does play well without the ball; a lot of his buckets come from alley-oops and receiving passes that lead to easy dunks. What he needs to work on is when he gets the ball on an isolation. He too often settles for a contested jump shot when he should be beating his man off the dribble and driving in more.

laugh.gif

I could go on all day ranting about job interviews and trying to find a job....but I'd rather not.
laugh.gif

Still nothing compared to our offseason/season threads a couple seasons ago when it was basically a General forum.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom