LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

how many NBA champions in recent years can you name that had just one of this all star type of player?

2011 mavs and about 10 years ago, there was a time in which the pistons and spurs were winning rings with only 1 all star.

and just wondering, do folks think that adding Kevin Love to our roster would have made us a finals' contender this year?
Pistons had Rip, Chauncey, Ben Wallace, and Rasheed.

Mavs in 2010 I can agree with you they had one superstar in Dirk (Not gonna count an old J. Kidd, Terry, but a case can be made about Chandler).

The point is, it's rare and it's difficult with just one all star. I don't think I'm gonna lose sleep over not getting Love...Love isn't committed to signing an extension though, right?

how many NBA champions in recent years can you name that had just one of this all star type of player?
2011 mavs and about 10 years ago, there was a time in which the pistons and spurs were winning rings with only 1 all star.

and just wondering, do folks think that adding Kevin Love to our roster would have made us a finals' contender this year?

Mavs in 2010 I can agree with you they had one superstar in Dirk (Not gonna count an old J. Kidd, Terry, but a case can be made about Chandler).

The point is, it's rare and it's difficult with just one all star. I don't think I'm gonna lose sleep over not getting Love...Love isn't committed to signing an extension though, right?
and the spurs were never without duncan, ginobili, parker

so there's at least one squad (maybe DAL in 2010), possibly 3 instances, not more than 5 teams that you could have named in the last 30 years.

and this is the emphasis:

The point is, it's rare and it's difficult with just one all star.

i certainly don't think kevin love would have made GSW finals favorites, but it would have put them a LOT closer to actually getting to the finals

and that is just a matter of fact of how the NBA is run.

as such, building with curry+love would have been a better idea than curry+clay.

Last edited:

i definitely agree that it's difficult to consistently win championships with only 1 all-star. between Rip, Chauncey, Wallace, and Rasheed,while only one was an actual "all-star," chauncey and sheed were definitely worth some consideration. i bring that up because i could eventually see klay playing up to that level alongside steph but not being elected to the all-star game, as well.

correct me if im wrong, but wasn't it rumored that in addition to Lee and Klay, the wolves wanted either Draymond or Barnes + 1st round pick? the way that team would be structured, steph and love would have to play 40+ minutes to dig themselves out of the hole the second unit dug itself into. like you said, i'm not losing sleep over missing out on love.

Absolutely false. Not even close really. There are no defensive stats or metrics that support your claim. Not a one.
Try watching a game because stats aren't everything.

You really gonna throw the "watch a game" response at me DP? Come on bro. You are better than that and you should know me better than that. You should know I have watched more than enough games to know what i am talking about. David Lee's defense is one of the worst I have ever seen, and in no way is Love's D as poor as Lee's. Eye test, statistics, advanced metrics, whatever.

I was going to edit it because I knew it came off a certain way, didn't intend it to, but Love is a horrible defender. If he is any better than Lee, it's not by much. It's like comparing to people that aren't attractive; which one is less UN-attractive.
When you watch Love play post defense, you would swear that he always has 5 fouls because he does nothing. Sure he grabs every rebound, but I'd rather have a guy attempt to slow the other teams power forward down.

And to clarify, I did want Kevin Love. The reason why I'm not pissed is because I can understand why they didn't do it, even if I didn't agree with it.

Last edited:
Site Plan from Warriors.com

Below is the proposed conceptual site plan for the Warriors' planned Entertainment Center and Mixed Use Development in San Francisco's Mission Bay neighborhood. The 12-acre site includes one million square feet of "Commercial/Industrial" entitlement, which will include the multi-purpose arena.

-The Warriors' current site proposal includes:
-State-of-the-art multi-purpose arena and event space (approximately 18,000 seats)
-Approximately 500,000 square feet of office space
-Between 55,000 and 95,000 square feet of retail space
-More than three acres of plazas, landscaping, and other public space (over 25% of the total site)
-Enclosed parking for office users and site visitors

View media item 1133950

In the plan above, the proposed 18,000-seat arena is located in the eastern portion of the site. The two office buildings are located on the west side of the site, at the corner of South Street and 3rd Street (northwest corner) and at the corner of Third Street and 16th Street (southwest corner). As proposed, retail is concentrated on the 3rd Street Plaza, the ground floor of the office buildings, and along Terry Francois Boulevard and the east end of South Street.

Additional project information and detailed design images coming in September.

^^^ A lot of people are asking that question.

I just want a player shirt....

C"MON NIKE!!!!!!!!

I doubt you'd be able to buy anything. Nike isn't going to go out of its way to promote somebody of Under Armour, especially with them trying to sign Durant.

Last edited:
you're probably right dap, looks like i'll just have to settle with a Thompson shirt/jersey....

Watching the USA games (Brazil) on YT right now...Curry doesn't look bad defensively, but jeez, those TOs are as relevant as ever.

Hopefully by playing with team USA, he'll cut down on the TO's and know how valuable each possession is.....

Contemplating going to Chicago for the Warriors Bulls game on 12/6.

Luckily both teams aren't playing the night so may actually be a quality game.

Contemplating going to Chicago for the Warriors Bulls game on 12/6.

Luckily both teams aren't playing the night so may actually be a quality game.
I'm considering going to CHI those days too, and would be going to that game if I do decide to go to CHI.

Never been there, but have heard great things about that city.

From the suburbs originally but would plan on staying downtown and doing things I typically hadn't done.

Love the city.

Was thinking about on attending a road game there while paying my cousin who's studying at Rush Medical School a visit. Mini summit would be :smokin.

Since I'm in Sacramento, I'll be doing my best to get opening night tickets for the Warriors and Kings. I am looking forward to this season and hopefully the bench is much more improved.

Oh and I'm happy the Warriors still have Klay.

While we're on the subject, I got tix to the Warriors vs Lakers on our home opener and then the Warriors vs Clippers next home game. Maybe I should look into trying to go to the Season opener in Sac. Never been there before.

Back
Top Bottom