Losing friendships with people after they have kids unappreciation

The 10 friends left consist of both guys and girls, mostly guys but I'm not used to this.  I mean before I'd never have to use uber/lyft for a ride to the airport because I had so many friends someone was bound to be free to give me a ride.  These last couple of years it's not a guarantee anymore

These are not "friends". They're associates. And your username explains a lot.

I almost feel like I'm being trolled.

Dude is too old to not know the difference. But that "you went to coachella? Where were your kids" post is moronic.

:lol: at the responses in here

everyone is right...priorities change when you get a family...

This.

Kids are time consuming. Your life is no longer yours. Sometimes even gotta sacrifice yambs because your 3 year is having trouble sleeping and wants to sleep with mom & dad.

Can't always just pickup and do what you want.

Im shocked you don't realize this OP, having kids and all.

Last edited:
Life no longer mine? what kind of mentality is that my life is mine until the day I die.  I'm not saying that we gotta kick it everyday but I'm talking about completely disappeared which has been the point I've been making the whole time.  And what's the big deal about going to some music festivals?  We've been going to coachella for 7 years straight now, I'm still going to go to EDC, Outside Lands, other festivals.  It's not like they're every day of the week, I don't go out 5-6 nights a week or anything like that.  Maybe you guys are comfortable with losing friends but I'm not, I guess since I'm not on good terms with my parents or any of my biological family I've always spent time with my friends instead.  The way it's trending is scary to me to be honest

Feels bad 
frown.gif

Life no longer mine? what kind of mentality is that my life is mine until the day I die.  I'm not saying that we gotta kick it everyday but I'm talking about completely disappeared which has been the point I've been making the whole time.  And what's the big deal about going to some music festivals?  We've been going to coachella for 7 years straight now, I'm still going to go to EDC, Outside Lands, other festivals.  It's not like they're every day of the week, I don't go out 5-6 nights a week or anything like that.  Maybe you guys are comfortable with losing friends but I'm not, I guess since I'm not on good terms with my parents or any of my biological family I've always spent time with my friends instead.  The way it's trending is scary to me to be honest

How about you have a kid so you can have play dates with your homies? We all grow up and move forward while you still tryna party.

lol. provoking.
mai best friends sister. boomba theatrical plot translated into acceptable thread topic

How about you have a kid so you can have play dates with your homies? We all grow up and move forward while you still tryna party.
Play date?  My daughter isn't turning 2 until July.  Lol the whole grow up thing once again I feel are the ppl saying be old and boring.  I'm good off that.  

Damn I'm 25 and can go weeks without seeing a single friend outside of my work place :lol:

OP what hobbies are you passionate about?

Damn I'm 25 and can go weeks without seeing a single friend outside of my work place
laugh.gif

OP what hobbies are you passionate about?
When I was 25 I lived in a huge house with 7 of my friends so it was quite different.  Traveling which I haven't done too much of these last couple of years compared to before.  When I'm not going to music festivals I go to concerts/live shows or movie theaters or just stay in and watch tv.  Not too much else nowadays in life

I got 7-8 ride or dies. Party together, road trips, bar fights, ect. All the other dudes I don't care for. When you get older it's ride or die or bust.

Last edited:

You heard me right fella.

Your life is no longer yours.

The moment you brought a life into this world, you live to serve that child and ensure his or her future.

I'm not saying you can't have friends.

But your kids are priority number one.

And your friends likely do not have the time to prioritize you.

It's that simple.

Deal with it.

funny you brought this up because i just hung out with my friend with kids yesterday at their house... we live like 10 minutes away from each and would always hang out but we grew distant because they had a family now... i understood and when i did hang out with them it wasnt the same... we still keep in contact and hang out every now and then just not as often... the good thing is our relationship hasnt changed even though we dont chill much we are still just as cool when we see each other and its not awkward

The moment you brought a life into this world, you live to serve that child and ensure his or her future.

It's that simple.

Deal with it.

Agreed. This is not rocket science. Obviously when you have kids, they become a responsibility that you have to uphold. The worst part of all is we live in a generation where adults still want to be priority number one. You have to have a balance and one can't be more important than the other. No one said you have to stop living your life when you have kids but if you see that you are not upholding your responsibilities because you have to "go out with the boys", than you obviously need to priorities a little better.

Agreed. This is not rocket science. Obviously when you have kids, they become a responsibility that you have to uphold. The worst part of all is we live in a generation where adults still want to be priority number one. You have to have a balance and one can't be more important than the other. No one said you have to stop living your life when you have kids but if you see that you are not upholding your responsibilities because you have to "go out with the boys", than you obviously need to priorities a little better.
so true... just a bunch of selfish people..my family are my friends, besides that i have one or two friends at most at anytime. dont really chill with them that often. mostly just talking and texting 

.. my kids priority number one , i had parents who had me and my siblings  as priority number one. nothing to do with not having a life. should want to  grow up sometime. see so many older people who just aged and never grew up. mentally they still teenagers early 20s.... 

Last edited:

It's that simple.

Deal with it.
laugh.gif
 at another person telling me my life is no longer mine, ok buddy......   

100% correct about kids.

I have a house so he won't be homeless
I go to work to buy him food and cloths
I bust my *** at the gym so I can protect him

My world literally revolves around him

Back
Top Bottom