Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

I got a Gucci wallet, but it's black and looks like any other ordinary black wallet. No one would know it's Gucci unless I said so. I've had it for 4 years now and have NEVER gotten any sort of remark, compliment, or anything along those lines from anyone. Sure, I could have bought a cheaper wallet that did the same thing (which is hold CC's, $, DL, etc), but I bought it because I really liked it. This is only the 2nd wallet that I've had in my life and I'm 30. I get good use out of them, and I don't see the big deal about dropping "X amount" of dollars on something that you like. If it's not a strain on you financially, then you should do what you please with your money. This issue comes up all the time on NT. There is no right/wrong answer...just varying opinions.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

i have a LV wallet that lasted me 9 yrs.

exactly why they cost that much.  2 me its worth it, but i don't like spending that much $ on something like that.  if i really needed some above average leather, i'd just a cop a Coach wallet

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Hodog16

LV wallets are stiff to me, but mine have held up well.

I've moved on to greener pastures though
smile.gif

What do you do for a living that allows you to spend 1k+ for a tiny leather wallet?
nerd.gif
Got it for around $500, less than half retail. One of my family members bought a couple of Birkins from Hermes, so I had a connect.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Hodog16

LV wallets are stiff to me, but mine have held up well.

I've moved on to greener pastures though
smile.gif

What do you do for a living that allows you to spend 1k+ for a tiny leather wallet?
nerd.gif
Got it for around $500, less than half retail. One of my family members bought a couple of Birkins from Hermes, so I had a connect.

exactly why they cost that much.  2 me its worth it, but i don't like spending that much $ on something like that.  if i really needed some above average leather, i'd just a cop a Coach wallet

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I thought OP was asking about it's quality and how it has held up. Not like should he buy it. I figured if he wasn't going to buy LV he would buy Gucci or something else really expensive. I didn't think this was another "Are Luxury Goods Worth It" post. More like "Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price? " kind of post.
Exactly. This post turned out to be something completely different.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I thought OP was asking about it's quality and how it has held up. Not like should he buy it. I figured if he wasn't going to buy LV he would buy Gucci or something else really expensive. I didn't think this was another "Are Luxury Goods Worth It" post. More like "Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price? " kind of post.
Exactly. This post turned out to be something completely different.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

pimp.gif
@ The love for Huraches

But are you (and others) going to just ignore the fact that others in here have said they have gotten YEARS out of cheap $5 wallets?

I mean it is a damn wallet people. Why so much thought, effort, time is being put into them I don't know. A WALLET man. It just holds $ and cards. I hate this term but "IS IT THAT SERIOUS." Are you all that in love with name brand things that you need a damn Louis V WALLET. Wow man. And it isn't even about, "If you got the $," even if you do, why spend it on a wallet? Because you have it. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Lemme get this straight, you're spending a grip of money to have a place to store your grip of money?
confused.jpg

roll.gif
someone should make an Xzibit cartoon out of this

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

pimp.gif
@ The love for Huraches

But are you (and others) going to just ignore the fact that others in here have said they have gotten YEARS out of cheap $5 wallets?

I mean it is a damn wallet people. Why so much thought, effort, time is being put into them I don't know. A WALLET man. It just holds $ and cards. I hate this term but "IS IT THAT SERIOUS." Are you all that in love with name brand things that you need a damn Louis V WALLET. Wow man. And it isn't even about, "If you got the $," even if you do, why spend it on a wallet? Because you have it. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Lemme get this straight, you're spending a grip of money to have a place to store your grip of money?
confused.jpg

roll.gif
someone should make an Xzibit cartoon out of this

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

They don't care, some of them are recommending more expensive wallets
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

They don't care, some of them are recommending more expensive wallets
roll.gif

I just like the monogram logo, never carednabout the"status", but mines falling apart after having it for 3 years....

I just like the monogram logo, never carednabout the"status", but mines falling apart after having it for 3 years....

I'm not the biggest fan of their bags, but I do like the coated canvas for wallets and small accessories as it's really durable. The vachetta will age/show use but that's unavoidable. I like the vernis as well. I had a porte monnaie and um one other one at some point. This was years back so the retail wasn't as bad. Today they're a bit pricey for my likes new, but the prices aren't too bad on the 2nd hand market.

I'm not the biggest fan of their bags, but I do like the coated canvas for wallets and small accessories as it's really durable. The vachetta will age/show use but that's unavoidable. I like the vernis as well. I had a porte monnaie and um one other one at some point. This was years back so the retail wasn't as bad. Today they're a bit pricey for my likes new, but the prices aren't too bad on the 2nd hand market.

Back
Top Bottom