Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Opt for a Hermes or Goyard wallet instead.
and why?   LV's craftsmanship on their wallets aren't bad at all.  Goyard and Hermes might have a slight edge, but its not worth the $500+ premium.

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

Opt for a Hermes or Goyard wallet instead.
and why?   LV's craftsmanship on their wallets aren't bad at all.  Goyard and Hermes might have a slight edge, but its not worth the $500+ premium.

IMO, based on the fact that you had to ask this question I don't think you should be breakin' the bank on one of these wallets...

IMO, based on the fact that you had to ask this question I don't think you should be breakin' the bank on one of these wallets...

I've had my Gucci wallet for about 4 years now and it's still in the same shape it was when I bought it. Other wallets I've had have not lasted as well. It was £140 but I'm not sure what the exchange would be from that time. I see the thing as a wallet for life, I don't plan on changing it unless it somehow gets destroyed. It's kinda like a watch passed down from your Grandfather, but I'll pass down the wallet
smokin.gif

I've had my Gucci wallet for about 4 years now and it's still in the same shape it was when I bought it. Other wallets I've had have not lasted as well. It was £140 but I'm not sure what the exchange would be from that time. I see the thing as a wallet for life, I don't plan on changing it unless it somehow gets destroyed. It's kinda like a watch passed down from your Grandfather, but I'll pass down the wallet
smokin.gif

Has anyone owned other wallets? I have an all black leather Calvin Klein wallet that i have had for about 7 years now. The leather is worn on the corners but other then that its fine. I got it on sale at macys on sale for 25 bucks.

I really don't think quality is an issue when it comes to wallets. Unless you some how put your wallet through a lot it shouldn't fall apart, i mean it sits in your pocket most of the day or in your desk as mine does.

So if you are buying an expensive wallet it might as well be just for names sake. OP if you have 305 dollars to spend on a wallet then find which one is most aesthetically pleasing to you and buy it. If thats a LV or a Gucci or Prada then just buy it. I'm sure the difference in contruction and quality of those high priced wallets is minimal.

Has anyone owned other wallets? I have an all black leather Calvin Klein wallet that i have had for about 7 years now. The leather is worn on the corners but other then that its fine. I got it on sale at macys on sale for 25 bucks.

I really don't think quality is an issue when it comes to wallets. Unless you some how put your wallet through a lot it shouldn't fall apart, i mean it sits in your pocket most of the day or in your desk as mine does.

So if you are buying an expensive wallet it might as well be just for names sake. OP if you have 305 dollars to spend on a wallet then find which one is most aesthetically pleasing to you and buy it. If thats a LV or a Gucci or Prada then just buy it. I'm sure the difference in contruction and quality of those high priced wallets is minimal.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Man, even i remember the thread we had on this subject before this one but imo if you have the extra money laying around, i don't see why not. It's your money and your lifestyle so who are we to tell you what to do with it. Why do you need the opinions of others on something that YOU are going to buy and something that YOU are going to use. If you do decide to not buy it, you should send that money to me or buy it and then send it to me.

Because people care about others opinion first and foremost when it comes to fashion. What YOU like (fashion wise) is determined by what people like/accept. But people will deny it and say, "I dress for myself."

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Man, even i remember the thread we had on this subject before this one but imo if you have the extra money laying around, i don't see why not. It's your money and your lifestyle so who are we to tell you what to do with it. Why do you need the opinions of others on something that YOU are going to buy and something that YOU are going to use. If you do decide to not buy it, you should send that money to me or buy it and then send it to me.

Because people care about others opinion first and foremost when it comes to fashion. What YOU like (fashion wise) is determined by what people like/accept. But people will deny it and say, "I dress for myself."

^I don't get why that is so wrong. Of course you are going to care what others think. That's a big part of it. But there is still personal choice or everybody would be wearing the same exact stuff.

You are merely pointing out human nature. But you make it seem like its a bad thing. Why? I have an idea but go ahead first, DC.

^I don't get why that is so wrong. Of course you are going to care what others think. That's a big part of it. But there is still personal choice or everybody would be wearing the same exact stuff.

You are merely pointing out human nature. But you make it seem like its a bad thing. Why? I have an idea but go ahead first, DC.

I thought OP was asking about it's quality and how it has held up. Not like should he buy it. I figured if he wasn't going to buy LV he would buy Gucci or something else really expensive. I didn't think this was another "Are Luxury Goods Worth It" post. More like "Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price? " kind of post.

I thought OP was asking about it's quality and how it has held up. Not like should he buy it. I figured if he wasn't going to buy LV he would buy Gucci or something else really expensive. I didn't think this was another "Are Luxury Goods Worth It" post. More like "Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price? " kind of post.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I think that hes simply trying to point out the fact that people dress/buy things according to what other people like for attention/acceptance, but then most choose to deny/admit it.
And the fact they deny it and lie about to everyone/themselves and say I'm just doin me.

I think that hes simply trying to point out the fact that people dress/buy things according to what other people like for attention/acceptance, but then most choose to deny/admit it.
And the fact they deny it and lie about to everyone/themselves and say I'm just doin me.

Like others have said.. get the leather if your gonna get anything. I have the Epi leather billfold that my girl got me over 5yrs ago and it still looks perfect so there is quality in the leather. I'm not gonna lie though.. I never liked the fact that I had to kinda "shimmy" my money into it since the wallet is taller than wider and ended up getting a Gucci money clip/single card holder for my cash and atm card. I use the wallet for credit cards , id etc.

Like others have said.. get the leather if your gonna get anything. I have the Epi leather billfold that my girl got me over 5yrs ago and it still looks perfect so there is quality in the leather. I'm not gonna lie though.. I never liked the fact that I had to kinda "shimmy" my money into it since the wallet is taller than wider and ended up getting a Gucci money clip/single card holder for my cash and atm card. I use the wallet for credit cards , id etc.

I NEVER said it was wrong. It is just how things are. My issue is when people go around screaming they don't care what people think when they obviously do (fashion wise).

You took it as me saying it was a bad thing, I didn't make it seem like a bad thing. Your choice to read it that way man.

rafsjays, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.
pimp.gif

I NEVER said it was wrong. It is just how things are. My issue is when people go around screaming they don't care what people think when they obviously do (fashion wise).

You took it as me saying it was a bad thing, I didn't make it seem like a bad thing. Your choice to read it that way man.

rafsjays, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.
pimp.gif

I personally wouldn't spend near that much on a damn wallet, but do what you want it's your cash..

I have had this $12 Perry Ellis wallet from Marshalls for like 5 years
pimp.gif

I personally wouldn't spend near that much on a damn wallet, but do what you want it's your cash..

I have had this $12 Perry Ellis wallet from Marshalls for like 5 years
pimp.gif

I got a Gucci wallet, but it's black and looks like any other ordinary black wallet. No one would know it's Gucci unless I said so. I've had it for 4 years now and have NEVER gotten any sort of remark, compliment, or anything along those lines from anyone. Sure, I could have bought a cheaper wallet that did the same thing (which is hold CC's, $, DL, etc), but I bought it because I really liked it. This is only the 2nd wallet that I've had in my life and I'm 30. I get good use out of them, and I don't see the big deal about dropping "X amount" of dollars on something that you like. If it's not a strain on you financially, then you should do what you please with your money. This issue comes up all the time on NT. There is no right/wrong answer...just varying opinions.

Back
Top Bottom