Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But are you (and others) going to just ignore the fact that others in here have said they have gotten YEARS out of cheap $5 wallets?
They don't care, some of them are recommending more expensive wallets
roll.gif

It's not even about that. People put wallets into different use and some have different experience. I don't know why he can't accept that yet he wants others to accept his statement?
I personally have gone throu plethora of wallets. I've had Polo, CK, Kenneth Cole, Quiksilver, etc... All fel apart after a few months, the leather looked like plastic and left my cards sticky because of glue residue. 

It doesn't matter if I bought it from an outlet, Ross, Marshall or the Boutique, they all didn't hold up too well. 

Now I bought a Ferragamo wallet, although it wasn't perfect, it didn't fall apart after a few months. No glue residue left on my cards and it held up well.

Same with the LV I bought afterwards. It was nice and simple, again, no problems.

So for me, that is my experience. I had better luck with high-end designer wallets. I see absolutely nothign wrong with that.

If a person can make a $5 wallet last for 10 years, good for them. I am not able to make a $40 wallet last 6 months so I have to look for alternatives.

And to those who keep saying that they buy it just because want peoples attention, I am not going to deny that some do ask for attention but LV does make regular plain leather, no-logo wallet. I know this is NT but once in a while, give the benefit of a doubt and maybe the thread will go along smoother w/o all the bashing and worrying how people spend their money. Some has answered the question and said it is not worth it, after that then move on. There really is no reason to continue arguing since both sides will stand their ground and not backdown and the same things are just being repeated from past threads.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

But are you (and others) going to just ignore the fact that others in here have said they have gotten YEARS out of cheap $5 wallets?
They don't care, some of them are recommending more expensive wallets
roll.gif

It's not even about that. People put wallets into different use and some have different experience. I don't know why he can't accept that yet he wants others to accept his statement?
I personally have gone throu plethora of wallets. I've had Polo, CK, Kenneth Cole, Quiksilver, etc... All fel apart after a few months, the leather looked like plastic and left my cards sticky because of glue residue. 

It doesn't matter if I bought it from an outlet, Ross, Marshall or the Boutique, they all didn't hold up too well. 

Now I bought a Ferragamo wallet, although it wasn't perfect, it didn't fall apart after a few months. No glue residue left on my cards and it held up well.

Same with the LV I bought afterwards. It was nice and simple, again, no problems.

So for me, that is my experience. I had better luck with high-end designer wallets. I see absolutely nothign wrong with that.

If a person can make a $5 wallet last for 10 years, good for them. I am not able to make a $40 wallet last 6 months so I have to look for alternatives.

And to those who keep saying that they buy it just because want peoples attention, I am not going to deny that some do ask for attention but LV does make regular plain leather, no-logo wallet. I know this is NT but once in a while, give the benefit of a doubt and maybe the thread will go along smoother w/o all the bashing and worrying how people spend their money. Some has answered the question and said it is not worth it, after that then move on. There really is no reason to continue arguing since both sides will stand their ground and not backdown and the same things are just being repeated from past threads.

If I could afford one id get one.

Is it just me, or are tri-fold wallets the worse?

Taking bills out all bent and whatnot.
mad.gif

mad.gif

I say this is much respect, but what the hell are you doing to go through a wallet in a matter of MONTHS? Seriously? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS WALLET.

It goes IN your pocket. You take it OUT of your pocket. You OPEN it. You CLOSE it. What are you doing to go through ALL of those "quality" wallets. I don't know man. Maybe you use it as a condom or something because there is no way you should be going through wallets like that. Maybe you are mess, disorganized, or have thousands of things in there. I don't get it really.

I say this is much respect, but what the hell are you doing to go through a wallet in a matter of MONTHS? Seriously? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS WALLET.

It goes IN your pocket. You take it OUT of your pocket. You OPEN it. You CLOSE it. What are you doing to go through ALL of those "quality" wallets. I don't know man. Maybe you use it as a condom or something because there is no way you should be going through wallets like that. Maybe you are mess, disorganized, or have thousands of things in there. I don't get it really.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

mad.gif
Damn I love tri-folds
laugh.gif

mad.gif
Damn I love tri-folds
laugh.gif

I put it in my back pocket, wallets gets the most damage from sitting on it all day, it is even worse when you have to keep standing and sitting all the time. It also gets more wera when you over stuff it, not even over stuff it but actually put cards in it. Pulling it out and opening it adds little very little wear but my wallets does get abused. I used to have plenty of cards in my wallet, from insurance cards (medical and car), license, 2 cc, 1 debit, calling cards, membership cards, etc... Sometimes I stuff coins in there too. All those plays a factor and then add the stress of sitting on it, it really shows how a wallet can stand up to abuse. Again, thats me. 
Sure if you have a $5 wallet and have 2 cards in it and a few bills, put it on your front pocket or jacket pocket, it won't get as much wear and it could last 20 years but like I said, people put different kind of abuse on wallets. 

I put it in my back pocket, wallets gets the most damage from sitting on it all day, it is even worse when you have to keep standing and sitting all the time. It also gets more wera when you over stuff it, not even over stuff it but actually put cards in it. Pulling it out and opening it adds little very little wear but my wallets does get abused. I used to have plenty of cards in my wallet, from insurance cards (medical and car), license, 2 cc, 1 debit, calling cards, membership cards, etc... Sometimes I stuff coins in there too. All those plays a factor and then add the stress of sitting on it, it really shows how a wallet can stand up to abuse. Again, thats me. 
Sure if you have a $5 wallet and have 2 cards in it and a few bills, put it on your front pocket or jacket pocket, it won't get as much wear and it could last 20 years but like I said, people put different kind of abuse on wallets. 

mad.gif
laugh.gif
this is the only question I ask myself when buying a wallet, bi or tri. I hate tri folds with a passion
laugh.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif
this is the only question I ask myself when buying a wallet, bi or tri. I hate tri folds with a passion
laugh.gif

Any and everything you have in your wallet I keep in my wallet. Nice try with the, "Sure if you have a $5 wallet and have 2 cards in it and a few bills" assumption/sass. I won't stoop to that level to disrespect your finances.

But why do you keep your wallet in your back pocket if I can ask? KNOWING that it accelerates the "life" of your wallets especially. Why continue to do it?

Like I said, there is only but so much a person can do with a wallet. If you are taking only a few MONTHS to tear it up, I am sorry you are just negligent. Point blank.

Any and everything you have in your wallet I keep in my wallet. Nice try with the, "Sure if you have a $5 wallet and have 2 cards in it and a few bills" assumption/sass. I won't stoop to that level to disrespect your finances.

But why do you keep your wallet in your back pocket if I can ask? KNOWING that it accelerates the "life" of your wallets especially. Why continue to do it?

Like I said, there is only but so much a person can do with a wallet. If you are taking only a few MONTHS to tear it up, I am sorry you are just negligent. Point blank.

I bought a plain black leather Gucci wallet in 2002, and it lasted for 7 years. I only replaced it because the leather was starting to split near the stitching at the bend, and the fabric on the inside was starting to tear. I could have kept using it, and it would have held up fine and served it's purpose for a couple more years, but it looked tattered. I replaced it with a Coach wallet from the outlet, and it's already starting to show wear in the same areas. I paid $180 for the Gucci, and I believe around $108 for the Coach.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drop what you want to drop on a wallet. I got my wife a Burberry wallet a couple years back and it's held up fine ($300).[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[/font]

I bought a plain black leather Gucci wallet in 2002, and it lasted for 7 years. I only replaced it because the leather was starting to split near the stitching at the bend, and the fabric on the inside was starting to tear. I could have kept using it, and it would have held up fine and served it's purpose for a couple more years, but it looked tattered. I replaced it with a Coach wallet from the outlet, and it's already starting to show wear in the same areas. I paid $180 for the Gucci, and I believe around $108 for the Coach.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drop what you want to drop on a wallet. I got my wife a Burberry wallet a couple years back and it's held up fine ($300).[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

QFT.
I've had 3 wallets since I was 17 and other than the one I've used since this new years I couldn't tell you the brand they were.

only thing I would spend $ for is a good card holder, saw someone with one I liked, he said it was Coach.

QFT.
I've had 3 wallets since I was 17 and other than the one I've used since this new years I couldn't tell you the brand they were.

only thing I would spend $ for is a good card holder, saw someone with one I liked, he said it was Coach.

It is simple math here man.

You dudes CLAIM they are good quality wallets, yet you are talking about and posting pictures of how easily they break.

What is the point of spending $300 on something that will break when you can spend $5 on something that will break just as easily? I don't get it. You all seem to like spending $ on things just because you have it. I will never understand that man.

And then you deny it is bought because of status.

Wow man. Just wow.

It is simple math here man.

You dudes CLAIM they are good quality wallets, yet you are talking about and posting pictures of how easily they break.

What is the point of spending $300 on something that will break when you can spend $5 on something that will break just as easily? I don't get it. You all seem to like spending $ on things just because you have it. I will never understand that man.

And then you deny it is bought because of status.

Wow man. Just wow.

laugh.gif
i think people post this stuff here just for the attention....theres a whole thread dedicated to high end brands....no need to ask in general

what does worth the price even mean? nobody here knows your sitatuion....you could be a millionaire or maybe you work minimum wage at mcdonalds...

laugh.gif
i think people post this stuff here just for the attention....theres a whole thread dedicated to high end brands....no need to ask in general

what does worth the price even mean? nobody here knows your sitatuion....you could be a millionaire or maybe you work minimum wage at mcdonalds...

How is that negligent? Wallet is supposed to withstand that or else I would just buy a damn man purse. Saying that is someone has 2 cards on a $5 wallet and it will last longer isn't an assumption, who here will deny that that wouldn't help make the wallet last? Are you really saying that a wallet with 2 cards compared to a wallet with 7-10 cards that is put on the same abuse will last the same? I highly doubt we keep the same things and the same amount of things in our wallets. I am not saying I have so many credit cards or money, but I do have a card key for my car in there and not many has that. It is rather thick and doesn't bend as much as regular cards and I didn't have that when I used my old wallets and my current LV wallet still looks new with it.

I've always put it in my back pocket. On days when I put it on my jacket pocket, it feels weird and I always feel like I am missing something. It's a habit, just like putting my watch on my left wrist or my cel on my left front pocket and house keys on my right front pocket. I buy a wallet that will last, although expensive (and I can admit I pay for the name as well along with quality) so that I do not have to change my habit. Kind of like that iphone4 argument, how can you buy a phone and it tells you which hand to use and how to hold it? Whats the point if you can't use it the way you want to?

I am not that messy either, I am actually a neat freak. Every card has to be on the correct slot and the bills have to correspond from the lowest denomination to the biggest. I just happen to put abuse on my wallets and that has been my experience and why I choose to buy a more expensive wallet. Again, I am not going to deny I didn't pay for the name, I know I did, but I liked the look (key is I like) and if I can find a similar looking wallet, with the right amount of card slot that is of better or similar quality and cost a lot less, I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

But let's say someone is negligent and they put their wallet to such unnecessary abuse, they can either change or buy something that will stand up to the lifestyle I live, I see nothing wrong if they choose the latter. Also, if the wallets I used before fell apart from what I put it through and you consider that not much abuse, isn't that just a testament to the wallets poor quality?

Back
Top Bottom