LOUISVILLE, KY heads

Originally Posted by Chewvenile

Anyone read the paper this morning? There's rumors of Pitino leaving for Arizona.

IMO Pitino is the best coach in the league, and will be successful no matter where he is. In my fantasy land, Pitino would come back to UK. My two realisitic picks would be Calipari, followed by Donovan. Kentucky needs a veteran coach who has established themself. Not an "up and comer", not for the University of Kentucky.
Calipari is my 1st choice as well...

Calipari would be a candidate, as well as Travis Ford in my opinion. Pitino is at Louisville to stay!

How credible is UK now chett?
laugh.gif

^ Ill be at the Derby Classic, i cant remember a year that i havent went in a while....

About Gillispie, i actually liked him....but if some of the things are true about player mistreatment ala tryin to kick meeks of the team, callind darius a%$++% because he had a slight concussion and telling him he couldnt go to the sec tourney if he didnt suck it up and practice, making harrelson stand in theurinal for an entire halftime speech, not to mention another rumor of him saying F... God in practice....if these things are true then he has to go. he was nota good fit period.

Well im gonna stop with the rumor mill. Ive heard so much crap about who the next coach is gonna be its pathetic. Im gonna sit back and watch. As of now ithink that there are 3 Coaches that i could care less which one comes. i just want to get goin and lookin forward to the future as soon as possible.

And gator i agree, Billy D is a great coach, that recruiting class had to be developed, and he did a great job doing that....lets not forget that he also wentto the title game in 2000 with mike miller, donell harvey, brett nelson, major wright etc etc....,, people tend to forget about that all together.

AND TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!! BILLY G AND TUBBY HAD A MEETING TODAY!!!! WOW!!!!
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090328015003519

Well it was a great season. today was not are day to win we got out played.But as a UL fan we don"t have nothing to hang are head down low for.So for TWill and the rest of the team hold your heads high.lol

Pitino was flat out out coached today....

Billy G had to gizzo....bring in tommy izzo....lol.

Id be distraught right now....

This was the one year we could have actually won it all. I know there will be many more opportunity's in the future.

^ T-Will did exactly what Cisco did in the Final 4.. not show up. Him and Samardo were non factors today. Pitinos stubbornness once again cost us a Final 4.Last year he refused to put DC in to body up Hansborough and this year he refused to switch the zone defense up. I wouldnt trade Pitino for anybody but todayhe was out coached. We had the talent to win it all this year and we couldnt do it.

Next year doesnt seem to likely we will be much of a contender. Maybe top 20, but not top 5. But the few years after that we should be back to where we werethis year. We had an amazing season this year. Big East Regular Season, BE Tourny champs, Overall #1, Elite 8. We have nothing to hang our heads over.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

^ T-Will did exactly what Cisco did in the Final 4.. not show up. Him and Samardo were non factors today. Pitinos stubbornness once again cost us a Final 4. Last year he refused to put DC in to body up Hansborough and this year he refused to switch the zone defense up. I wouldnt trade Pitino for anybody but today he was out coached. We had the talent to win it all this year and we couldnt do it.

Next year doesnt seem to likely we will be much of a contender. Maybe top 20, but not top 5. But the few years after that we should be back to where we were this year. We had an amazing season this year. Big East Regular Season, BE Tourny champs, Overall #1, Elite 8. We have nothing to hang our heads over.
Tyler i agree with you some what,i don"t think anything that Pitino could have done would have change the way the game ended.We could not buya shot for anything.we could not get the 3 to fall we could not get the easy shots to fall either.Like i have always said any team can be beat on any givennite.If you don"t bring your A game with you then you are going to lose.Like all sports how bad do you want to win?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

^ Ill be at the Derby Classic, i cant remember a year that i havent went in a while....

About Gillispie, i actually liked him....but if some of the things are true about player mistreatment ala tryin to kick meeks of the team, callind darius a %$++% because he had a slight concussion and telling him he couldnt go to the sec tourney if he didnt suck it up and practice, making harrelson stand in the urinal for an entire halftime speech, not to mention another rumor of him saying F... God in practice....if these things are true then he has to go. he was not a good fit period.

Well im gonna stop with the rumor mill. Ive heard so much crap about who the next coach is gonna be its pathetic. Im gonna sit back and watch. As of now i think that there are 3 Coaches that i could care less which one comes. i just want to get goin and lookin forward to the future as soon as possible.

And gator i agree, Billy D is a great coach, that recruiting class had to be developed, and he did a great job doing that....lets not forget that he also went to the title game in 2000 with mike miller, donell harvey, brett nelson, major wright etc etc....,, people tend to forget about that all together.

AND TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!! BILLY G AND TUBBY HAD A MEETING TODAY!!!! WOW!!!!
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090328015003519
DMONEY i don"t think the UK fans were fair to the coach, you can"t expect him to win everything when he only had two good players thisyear.I was listeing to the guys on espn the other day and the one thing that was said was the blame needs to be put on the AD.All of the coachs on the showsaid the AD needs to stop listening to the fans,the word is Kentucky is going to need 5years to get the program back to were it use to be.Everybody on the showjust about agree that Meeks and Patterson will not return and that all the young men comeing in next year will be very young to go against some of the betterteams that they will play.They also said that Kentucky is sending out the wrong message to any coach that might like to come there to coach is that you havetwo years to win the sec and the ncaa are we are going to fire you.I hope that Billy finds a school that will not be a %%% to him.Who ever UK gets as a coach ihope that he gets more then 2years to change the program around.Also nice video D lol
pimp.gif

I knew that our lose would come to this...Louisville had great potential this year but is streaky just as other years in the past. This wasn't our season.Samuels needs a lot more work at his position and TWill can do whatever he wants but is too busy trying to get triple doubles that he doesn't take theinitiative to take a game over himself. selfishness is good when your team becomes streaky and is streaky. Let's go back to the drawing board and work onconsistency. we need 100% from everyone to ever be a championship caliber squad. Good year Louisville. I'm still a fan. Oh, and much respect to Izzo and Mstate; a heck of a game plan!

Thanks again for the V's Joe...

And they didn't fire him just for his record or not making it to the tourney...More and more stuff coming out makes me think the guy is a d!&k. Ithought he deserved more time as well but I don't think he knew everything thing that was expected of the UK coach to be honest...

Billy G wasn't ready for everything that come's with being the coach at UK. Now, if Cal comes to UK...wow. It's going to get real interesting realfast.

And, as far as UofL, didn't win it all, but still a GREAT season IMO. BE regular season and Tourney Champs. #1 overall seed in the Big dance, #1 ranking inthe final regular season AP and ESPN polls. Not putting any blame on him but, T-Will had an "off" game at the absolute wrong time (def.Fransico-final 4-%##). And Pitino just got flat out out-coached it seemed like. Next, year they should be competitive, top 25.

Nice pickups Corey.

Congrats D and all UK fans you all are getting a helluva coach and recruiter.....UK will be back within 2 years
smh.gif

Im waiting til i c Cal wearing a UK Shirt/Cap....this is unreal for me....forget 2 years, if he brings those recruits with him....we are contenders nextyear....

But thanks for the compliment gator if in fact it does happen.

UK throwing the bank at Cal. Im glad hes coming in, him and Pitino are not very kind of each other so it just brings more heat to the rivalry. The thing thatmakes me mad is UK should be looking like the biggest douche bags in america right now for not giving a coach more then 2 years but what it looks like is UKwill have Patter/Meeks back plus could possibly add Xavier Henry, Cousins, and John Wall (the top 3 in next years class) and that would make them atleast top 3if not #1. I was hoping for a few bad years to rebuild
laugh.gif

I think it's great for both school's. Obviously it's a step up for UK from Billy G. But, this is probably going to get Pitino to step it up a fewmore notches so he don't get out shined by Cal.

If he get's Meeks and Pat to stay plus them recruit's, UK should be a very solid contender next year. I just don't know which recruits. UK had 4(?) and Cal and Cal had 4 (?), someone ain't going to be able to come (I don't think).

Back
Top Bottom