Magic Johnson's son goes public with boyfriend

See with the hands is a phrase used by black people all across this country.

I live in Texas where there are more than Hispanics than anywhere else in America next to California.

I've never heard a Hispanic person use that term in my life.

Dog, you said you're from a small town. I highly doubt your PERSONAL experience in small town Texas is the defining factor in the etymology or use of a term.

In NY, where I'm from, as a kid who spent a lot of time growing up boxing in gyms with both Latino and Black dudes, the term was equally used by both.

Well since you know so much about where that particular phrase came from, then enlighten us.....

Not sure I got what I was looking for here. Shall we just agree to diagree?

I'm from a small town but I there were more Hispanics in my town than Black people and I've been in Dallas and the Dallas metro area for half my life which is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States.

I went to college in Michigan 20 miles outside of Detroit.

I've encountered Hispanic people from all around the country and as well as black and I've never heard a Hispanic use that term outside of Ninjahood in my life.

Black people from no matter part of the country use that term.

And as far as proof, come on now how can anyone definitively prove where a slang term originated from?

How can I prove that referring to someone as Papi is something that originated from Caribbean Hispanics? I can't but we all know that's the culture that spawned it and made it a part of popular culture.

Last edited:
Anyway, I wonder if Magic is just approving for the good publicity :nerd:

Anton and ninjahood have been removed from the thread.  I know I'm not the only one tired of the same sideshows disrupting every other conversation...

If you want to talk about Magic Johnson's son, feel free, if not... keep it moving.  

That inevitable ether!

:smh: feel sorry for Magic. it's ok he's gay but too be wild flamboyant damn.

that's whats I'm saying. its like down right excessive. Whatever you do in the bedroom is none of our business. But if you walk out like that in public, the looks and snickers are on what you're wearing, not your sexual orientation.

I'm from a small town but I there were more Hispanics in my town than Black people and I've been in Dallas and the Dallas metro area for half my life which is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States.

I went to college in Michigan 20 miles outside of Detroit.

I've encountered Hispanic people from all around the country and as well as black and I've never heard a Hispanic use that term outside of Ninjahood in my life.

Black people from no matter part of the country use that term.

And as far as proof, come on now how can anyone definitively prove where a slang term originated from?

How can I prove that referring to someone as Papi is something that originated from Caribbean Hispanics? I can't but we all know that's the culture that spawned it and made it a part of popular culture.

Dog, the fact that I even have to go back and forth with you, especially with some of the **** you're spitting, is proof you are lost.

Detroit has one of the lowest Latin populations of any city in the US.

You're from Texas. Which is the state....right above Mexico. So your familiarity Latin people as a whole is....questionable.

Except for Ninjahood apparently.

And you're really going to compare the origins of "see me with the hands" and the origins of "papi"? You cannot be serious.

I'm from "slapbox era" NY and Latinos here used that term quite frequently.

Well, I'm pretty sure you were the person claiming the term and it's origins. Sooooo.....

Thank you. And good night.

Last edited:
Let me bring some humor back to this thread...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he probably weighs more than his 3 friends combined.

Look at him...... Was there even a secret to keep? That's like saying the sky is going public that its blue....... Mmmmmmk.....

Look at him...... Was there even a secret to keep? That's like saying the sky is going public that its blue....... Mmmmmmk.....
I remember first seeing him in "The Announcement" doc...... and knew he was homosexual :\

I feel like a horrible person now :frown:

I remember first seeing him in "The Announcement" doc...... and knew he was homosexual :\

why?

you had a prejudice and you were right. I would not feel bad.

When you have one and you're wrong, that's when you should feel horrible :lol:

why?

Well its frowned upon to have any sorts of prejudice nowadays

why?

True.

But I don't eeeeem feel bad when I'm right.

Actually, most of the time I won't even feel bad if I'm wrong lol

why?

True.

But I don't eeeeem feel bad when I'm right.

Actually, most of the time I won't even feel bad if I'm wrong lol

So you think it's fine to have prejudice? :smh:

^^ my lord just stop. This was a funny thread, don't turn it into yet another serious racial discussion :smh:

Back
Top Bottom