Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

Am I the only one who thinks the story is plausible? Whether you believe in online dating or not, it sounds like it was a kid who liked a girl and then got duped and was embarrassed about it.
Alright but how do you duped for 3+ years? Plus he was talking about how perfect she was and how much he liked her but within a month of your "gf" dying you start dating another chick. We're not talking about a random chick he was smashing but his "gf" of years that he was supposedly talking to for 8 hours a day.
They didn't actually talk for 8 hours a day... they had the phones on overnight while she was in the hospital (or so he thought)

Theres really only 2-3 people that actually know the truth in this still.

Anyone that believes he got duped please hit me up I got this business that will make you millions, I just need a little start up help

Anyone that believes he got duped please hit me up I got this business that will make you millions, I just need a little start up help
laugh.gif
I mean it's hard to think that if you don't believe someone could be that stupid that they're being strung along for so long unaware... But at the same time its hard to believe that he started this act and believed no one would ever find out.

Te'o coming up with this plan would be high risk, NO reward.  He got some extra time on College Gameday but 3 years ago I don't think he was forseeing this putting him over the top for the Heisman or anything.

Either answer leaves Te'o as being incredibly naive.

I just don't see the upside to pulling this. You play on national television every week and the most recognized college football team. You don't fake a dead gf to "gain publicity." The Grandma dying would have been plenty enough for people to "be on his side."

Only way I can see him in on it is if he comes out and goes ape on the media and social networks. It would have been cool if he was like that's what you all get. But I just don't see the point of him doing it for publicity.

Dude was probably slaying sloots all college life, got in his feelings with this girl he talked to on the phone and flipped out when he realized she was fake.

And this "sheltered" and "socially inept" **** that people are pulling out their *** needs to be dead quick too. Not only is the guy the VOCAL LEADER OF HIS ENTIRE TEAM, it's already been talked about by teammates how the dude loved attention and would point himself out every time he'd see himself on TV. Watch his interviews and speeches....he's not some awkward, shy dude. He's gotta personality and cockyness about him. And don't even bring up the Mormon angle...I know Mormons that get down. Stillman White, the white kid that played for UNC last year and left for his mission trip, partied and hit up girls all the time back home in Wilmington where I'm from. This Mormon chick I went to school with got smashed by half my friends.

Am I the only one who thinks the story is plausible? Whether you believe in online dating or not, it sounds like it was a kid who liked a girl and then got duped and was embarrassed about it.

-Mormon Samoan
-Star athlete on campus that is in a committed relationship online only
-It's 2012, he doesn't want to skype with the love of his life?
-His family said they met her, he said he met her and that's how they started talking online.
-The other weird kid, been tweeting each other and talking about hanging out (that's why it's a great chance it's his gay lover)
-She died in September, the same day his grandma died of the same cancer that his grandmother had......OOOHHHH
-Dec. 6 he's getting calls from Lenny....doesn't tell ND or anyone until Dec. 26. It takes three weeks for you to tell someone your dead GF is calling you? :lol:
-Yesterday, the word is she faked her death to elude drug dealers

I feel like I could go on but do I really need to???

As for one of the big questions -- why didn't he at least Skype -- he says he tried to speak with Lennay through Skype or FaceTime several times, but the person on the other end was in a "black box" and couldn't be seen. He says he also tried meeting her a few time in L.A. and Hawaii, but she kept canceling.

And this is a little weird ... Manti says Lennay once asked him for his checking account number so she could send him money. He did not provide it. Still, no suspicion.

:rolleyes

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/19/manti-teo-speaks-i-knew-it-was-crazy-but-im-innocent/

There are so many unanswered questions. I still do not get a couple things:

How did a girl he has never met, for 3 years, be called his gf? 

What was the reason to trick him for 3 years? (Ronaiah, from pics, doesnt look like a douchebag)

Did his family actually meet her or was thatt like a fake fam?

Whats the deal with this other guy who could be his gay lover? 

Whats the point of faking the death to elude drug dealers if this person isnt real?

And why did it take 3 weeks to notify someone that hey, wtf, my gf is callin me?

Am I the only one that doesn't feel that this is as important as they're making it out to be? This nonsense is getting the same coverage that the Penn state scandal received.

Dude got catfished. It's over.

Dude , it's not over until the truth about him being part of the lie comes out. His punk a** could've won the top award in college football this season of the strength of this s***.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesn't feel that this is as important as they're making it out to be? This nonsense is getting the same coverage that the Penn state scandal received.

It makes a difference if dude is actually in on the hoax though....

I've learned one thing from all of this: catfishing celebrities is gonna become the next fad. it sounds like a lot of fun.

I've learned one thing from all of this: catfishing celebrities is gonna become the next fad. it sounds like a lot of fun.

It's not gonna become a trend

Athletes/celebs get real life yambs, I'm sure they don't rely on Internet relationships

Mante wasn't 'catfished', he's just lying because he got caught

And that catfish show is scripted, why y'all keep talkin bout it like its legit?

Last edited:
Why are people so up in this wack story? We got grown men gossiping and curious to find out about a 22years old kid imaginary girlfriend? Damn.

What's next? A one hour decision similar to Lebron decision? Lol the whole America is going to stop what they're doing and tune in to watch

There are so many unanswered questions. I still do not get a couple things:

How did a girl he has never met, for 3 years, be called his gf? 

What was the reason to trick him for 3 years? (Ronaiah, from pics, doesnt look like a douchebag)

Did his family actually meet her or was thatt like a fake fam?

Whats the deal with this other guy who could be his gay lover? 

Whats the point of faking the death to elude drug dealers if this person isnt real?

And why did it take 3 weeks to notify someone that hey, wtf, my gf is callin me?

I just don't see the upside to pulling this. You play on national television every week and the most recognized college football team. You don't fake a dead gf to "gain publicity." The Grandma dying would have been plenty enough for people to "be on his side."

Only way I can see him in on it is if he comes out and goes ape on the media and social networks. It would have been cool if he was like that's what you all get. But I just don't see the point of him doing it for publicity.

Dude was probably slaying sloots all college life, got in his feelings with this girl he talked to on the phone and flipped out when he realized she was fake.

naw dude. quit it. stop defending this dude. you sound like your a fan of his or know him kind of biased. if your slaying "slooths" all of his college life as you say you aint gonna be simping some online chick...

the only explanation is:

Te'o is AYO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom