Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

The hell do you think ESPNs job is? To gossip about sports.

Correct. I mean I would totally understand if someone said they only watch games and don't read any other sports media. But come on, the entire existence of something like ESPN is to find something in sports to gossip about.

Personally I think it's entertaining. Honestly? I'd rather hear about a scandal like this then hear about what a great Christian some random guy is.

Espn creates story lines. Look at Tebow aka the most famous backup of all time. If its forced upon us then we are gonna talk about it.

Deal with it DC.

This is a lead story because his "story" propelled him to come in second for the Heisman. SECOND. He might not have been the best defensive player in the country, let alone linebacker.

DC bringing up the grand scheme of things..LOL. Well no **** sports isn't a big deal in the scheme of things so what the hell are you looking for?

The story of how or why this happened is compelling. Him being gay or whatever isn't. There's a difference.
Clearly when I say the grand scheme of things I am speaking of the grand scheme of things in SPORTS. Since we are talking about why ESPN is covering that. Not really that hard to see ELite.

LOL @ Yall telling me that it is ESPN's job to cover it. You are right. It is their job to get high ratings and feeding you all gossip will have you glued to your tv's. So I don't blame them.

It is sad though. But they know what "sports fans" like.

Then what is news? What, out of the ordinary happened this week, today...or the last few hours?

Last edited:
My problem is that THIS is the LEADING story on ESPN.

My problem is that THIS situation has a damn assistant ad having to speak to the media.

This is not that important.

TO me, this ain't NEWS.
It's a slow news day in sports... deal w/ it.

DC if all you want is straight sports then grab a paper and look at the box score

So if one of your teams players gets in trouble, there is a coach search, something happens outside the game...you just don't want to know about it?

Man you are negative as hell but if that's how you choose to live life more power to you

DC if all you want is straight sports then grab a paper and look at the box score

So if one of your teams players gets in trouble, there is a coach search, something happens outside the game...you just don't want to know about it?

Man you are negative as hell but if that's how you choose to live life more power to you
Damn you don't read.

If it can affect a player's game status, it matters.

THIS doesn't matter.

Yes, if it happens in their personal life I don't give a damn. Why should I? Hence the word GOSSIP.

Oh, I am negative because I think athletes should have privacy. That makes sense.

Well duh, that's what they do everyday. Just tell me what specifically you'd like to be the #1 story right now.
There doesn't need to be a #1 story right now.

But if you ask, Sportscenter should open up talking about Gronk, Lance (matters since it affected game play), Playoffs, Lakers.

Not this bull........

Give this a 2 minute pocket at the 0:37 mark of the hour of something.

It aint worth a damn BREAKING NEWS.

THIS AINT BREAKING NEWS!

DC bringing up the grand scheme of things..LOL. Well no **** sports isn't a big deal in the scheme of things so what the hell are you looking for?

The story of how or why this happened is compelling. Him being gay or whatever isn't. There's a difference.
Clearly when I say the grand scheme of things I am speaking of the grand scheme of things in SPORTS. Since we are talking about why ESPN is covering that. Not really that hard to see ELite.

LOL @ Yall telling me that it is ESPN's job to cover it. You are right. It is their job to get high ratings and feeding you all gossip will have you glued to your tv's. So I don't blame them.

It is sad though. But they know what "sports fans" like.

You can be a grump then. Personally I along with I assume the majority of those who are fans of sports like to be fed gossip about sports. We like to know how big of a clown Teo is the next time he steps on the field. We like to know if two players hate each other resulting in a heated match up. So if watching sports while being oblivious to everything off the field while seeing every player with a neutral bias is your cup a tea than so be it. You don't have be to such a grump about it though. If we are all girls who like to gossip about sports than you're that grandpa who hates the entire world and hasn't left his house in years. There's simply no way you've never gossiped before :lol:

Nev Schulman ‏@NevSchulman
I am working on finding out more about this @MTeo_5 #Catfish story. I have been in contact with the woman involved and will get the truth.

:rofl: :nerd:

You can be a grump then. Personally I along with I assume the majority of those who are fans of sports like to be fed gossip about sports. We like to know how big of a clown Teo is the next time he steps on the field. We like to know if two players hate each other resulting in a heated match up. So if watching sports while being oblivious to everything off the field while seeing every player with a neutral bias is your cup a tea than so be it. You don't have be to such a grump about it though. If we are all girls who like to gossip about sports than you're that grandpa who hates the entire world and hasn't left his house in years. There's simply no way you've never gossiped before :lol:
Dog, that is all I ever asked you to admit. If you would have said that from the jump I wouldn't still be talking.

Damn you don't read.

If it can affect a player's game status, it matters.

THIS doesn't matter.

Yes, if it happens in their personal life I don't give a damn. Why should I? Hence the word GOSSIP.

Oh, I am negative because I think athletes should have privacy. That makes sense.

I'm sorry if he wanted privacy then maybe he shouldn't announce his fake gf died and use it to his advantage

You can be naive if you choose to believe this story didn't help him gain attention and profit his character

I'm sorry if he wanted privacy then maybe he shouldn't announce his fake gf died and use it to his advantage

You can be naive if you choose to believe this story didn't help him gain attention and profit his character
I never said that it did/didn't help him do anything dude.

Again, you aren't reading.

I said this isn't breaking news.

This guy is a lame on a totality nother level now. I'm actually glad he didnt win the Heisman now. He deserves to go undrafted for this...

Back
Top Bottom