March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

Show long as hell. Gotta watch this in segments man.

As expected, that 4 Way match was a bunch of STUFF. Not mad at them, just hard to get emotionally attached to those types of matches

Man it seemed like the show flew by compared to wrestle mania. Only checked to see what time it was once and that's bc I was giving the baby a bottle :rofl:

how much did Jericho get paid for this appearance? was listening to Coach and he said it's upward to 500k-1M
i remember him saying at Mania, if you are on the main card and in a major match a sports entertainer can earns upwards of 500k-2m (along with royalties from merch,dvds,etc) just in one night

how much did Jericho get paid for this appearance? was listening to Coach and he said it's upward to 500k-1M
i remember him saying at Mania, if you are on the main card and in a major match a sports entertainer can earns upwards of 500k-2m (along with royalties from merch,dvds,etc) just in one night
Whatever they paid was well worth it for the amount of buzz that he generated for the company.

Idk what the numbers were but their first offer was really really bad according to Jericho and Callis from their podcast yesterday. Omega even offered up part of his pay to get the Jericho deal done. Seems like they came back a second time with a real strong offer tho and the rest is history.

Whatever they paid was well worth it for the amount of buzz that he generated for the company.

I'd really be interested to see some specific numbers regarding this years paid attendance compared to the last 2-3 WK's and also how NJPW World subscriptions were trending in the previous 6 months..Those numbers would be a great indicator on how worth it was to pay Jericho, a reported, 500k for a above average at best match..

Last edited:
I'd really be interested to see some specific numbers regarding this years paid attendance compared to the last 203 WK's and also how NJPW World subscriptions were trending in the previous 6 months..Those numbers would be a great indicator on how worth it was to pay Jericho, a reported, 500k for a above average at best match..

We get it brother case you thought it was average :lol:

I bet they think it was worth every single penny they paid Jericho. Brought a ton of media and hype to the promotion and this did nothing but bring Kenny into the mainstream crowd. Win win no matter how average you may think the match was.

Upon second viewing, I like the Omega/Jericho much more. Maybe it’s because I was half asleep when I watched it the first time.

Jinder is the company workhorse. He deserves the belt back.

the Maharaja is not only a man of princely stock and lofty social standing, he is also willing to labor more intensely than a commoner and lead warriors into battle.

he is truly the ultimate exponent of royal lineage and a credit to us, the 1,300,000,001 people of India. shairan di quam apa!!! glory to the Great Lion!

Still wild to me that pro wrestlers wear Iverson sleeves. Dude has no clue how influential he is

I always think about this. AI sleeves are worn in every sport now, and it's all directly traceable to him.

****, he had the whole league modeled on his influence for a while there.

in terms of enduring impact, I almost wanna put AI ahead of Kobe.

Bucks vs Sho and Yoh was fun. I feel like the Bucks have gotten a bit more technical over time and have the ability to work at a slower pace. If they come over to the WWE, I don't think the adjustment for them would be quite as difficult as I had originally thought.

Tanahashi sat in the tanning booth too damn long. Face burnt.

Lol @ Japanese vocab. Called Omega, "Best Bout Machine."

It is snowing here and I am loving how they describe this storm as, "Bomb Cyclone." Sounds like the way the Japanese describe things with weird/descriptive vocab

the Maharaja is not only a man of princely stock and lofty social standing, he is also willing to labor more intensely than a commoner and lead warriors into battle.

he is truly the ultimate exponent of royal lineage and a credit to us, the 1,300,000,001 people of India. shairan di quam apa!!! glory to the Great Lion!

I always think about this. AI sleeves are worn in every sport now, and it's all directly traceable to him.

Your Jinder love is great.

Bucks vs Sho and Yoh was fun. I feel like the Bucks have gotten a bit more technical over time and have the ability to work at a slower pace. If they come over to the WWE, I don't think the adjustment for them would be quite as difficult as I had originally thought.

They had a few matches last year with Roppongi Vice that were like that. They def have developed the ability to work a slower technical pace which is good to see.

what are the results of the pick'em, Meangene45 Meangene45 ?

I wear calf sleeves because I will mostly destroy my calves under any strenuous activity these days. I never messed with the shooting sleeves and I fought headbands forever until I had grown my hair past my shoulders the first time. That was really only because I couldn't tie a hairtie yet.

LargeVelvetyGrassspider.gif

what are the results of the pick'em, Meangene45 Meangene45 ?

I wear calf sleeves because I will mostly destroy my calves under any strenuous activity these days. I never messed with the shooting sleeves and I fought headbands forever until I had grown my hair past my shoulders the first time. That was really only because I couldn't tie a hairtie yet.
Tonight maybe

First on call sheet today. Super busy day

We get it brother case you thought it was average :lol:

I bet they think it was worth every single penny they paid Jericho. Brought a ton of media and hype to the promotion and this did nothing but bring Kenny into the mainstream crowd. Win win no matter how average you may think the match was.

You extra mad not everyone thought it was a 17 star match huh..And like I said, I'd love to see the numbers for paid attendance, World subscriptions, World subscription cancellations, etc etc to see where the company as a whole has been trending since, at least, last year..I'd like to know if Jericho was worth the high price I'm sure he got paid..I'd like to know if the numbers have been going up since the AXStv deal..And I'd like to see numbers and compare them to what WWE has done for Network subscriptions..These things interest me..

Alpha vs Omega was AVERAGE AT BEST..

You extra mad not everyone thought it was a 17 star match huh..And like I said, I'd love to see the numbers for paid attendance, World subscriptions, World subscription cancellations, etc etc to see where the company as a whole has been trending since, at least, last year..I'd like to know if Jericho was worth the high price I'm sure he got paid..I'd like to know if the numbers have been going up since the AXStv deal..And I'd like to see numbers and compare them to what WWE has done for Network subscriptions..These things interest me..

Alpha vs Omega was AVERAGE AT BEST..

No I am not mad bc I never expected it to be a 5 star match. I know what his limitations are and I thought it was a solid match and that is all.

Back
Top Bottom