March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

She def settled!

giphy.gif

Okada has held the belt for 564 days and counting and has had 9 defenses :lol:

We all know he is THE GUY but come on man how much longer does he need to hold that damn title for?

Naito had the title for 70 days :rofl:

Hashimoto-489 w/7 defenses..
Nagata-392 w/10 defenses..
Vader-374 w/4 defenses..
Inoki-325 w/4 defenses..
Tanahashi-404 w/11 defenses..
Okada-125 w/2 defenses..

That belt has a long history of almost year long reigns (or over) with not a ton of title defenses..That's what makes it so gotdamned special..It's an attraction..A must see event..

Yuck. That is Super Cena on steroids. Surely Gedo isn't that stupid...

Why does it bother you that they build a company around a guy who's: young, established, and the best wrestler in the world?... He doesn't have any of the legitimate criticisms Super Cena had... He has a very diverse move set, he sells as well as anyone else in the world, he always comes up in big matches, and he doesn't bury his opponents...

You just don't like Okada or the way Japan is booked it seems...

Yuck. That is Super Cena on steroids. Surely Gedo isn't that stupid...

Naito is going to get the belt ( and I'll be happy as **** for him cause the man deserves it more than anyone else in the promotion) and when he does get it he'll hold that thing for at least a year..NJPW will give that man what he deserves..

Aaron Craig
5 hrs
Rant time:

Japanese wrestling is reaching further heights every year, with the January 4th show attracting more and more foreign fans. This past year was amazing, with far more fans who made the trek overseas compared to last year. Everyone I met and talked to was great and friendly. I drank my Starbucks this morning with two very nice fans from the UK, who were on their first trip to Japan. We had a meet up at TGI Friday’s with over a dozen fans from around the world where everyone talked shop and complained about the terrible service. Overall everyone I met or interacted with today was awesome and hopefully I’ll be able to see them all again in the future. However, as usual, there is always “that guy”. (Tip: Don’t be “that guy”.)

Japan is an amazing country with a culture that is different from the US. People are polite, far quieter, indirect (especially when they are annoyed or disagree), and tend to avoid conflict. Most Japanese fans I meet and interact love having western fans attend shows, as those who make to trip are often the most dedicated/invested in the product and respect the culture. What is unacceptable is being a western fan in Japan who is loud, obnoxious, and tries to make themselves a part of the show. Tonight “that guy” was sitting several rows behind us in the Tokyo Dome. Be it mocking the “Kenny!” and “Naito!” yells of female fans with exaggerated imitations for the duration of an entire match, yelling at Okada to “Stay the **** down!”, or a number of other remarks, there was no lack of annoyed fans in our section. Unlike the US, most people here won’t tell you to be quiet, instead they’ll just continue to cast judgemental stares in the hopes that you’ll quit ruining the show for everyone else. Although in this case Jericho did yell at the guy halfway through his match.

For those who choose to make the journey to Japan in the future I would encourage you to enjoy the shows here, but don’t make an effort to make yourself a part of the show. What might be acceptable crowd behaviour for a WWE or indy show in the US isn’t necessarily kosher over here. Most importantly, like with anything else when you travel abroad, the conduct people display creates the impressions people have of all western fans. The more foolish you act the less welcoming locals will be to the next person who travels here.

I’m sorry if this comes off as “elitist” or gate keeping, but this guy really lessened the quality of our experience tonight and of those around us.

Naito is going to get the belt ( and I'll be happy as **** for him cause the man deserves it more than anyone else in the promotion) and when he does get it he'll hold that thing for at least a year..NJPW will give that man what he deserves..

I'm gonna make damn sure I am there for it too.

Why you always doing that, fam? LMAO

Poor Jay White :rofl:

kinda proud to have thrown the first shot, that was a sublime roast session at 4am.

I hope this demonstrates to everyone the importance of look, accessories, and other "Barbie ****."

Notice who ISN'T around right.

you sure right about that, even Drew Japan comports himself reasonably most of the time. some of that OP-ness is out of pocket. :lol:

Why does it bother you that they build a company around a guy who's: young, established, and the best wrestler in the world?... He doesn't have any of the legitimate criticisms Super Cena had... He has a very diverse move set, he sells as well as anyone else in the world, he always comes up in big matches, and he doesn't bury his opponents...

You just don't like Okada or the way Japan is booked it seems...

I actually do like Okada a lot and have zero issues with their booking until now. Just bc I wanna see something new does not mean I hate how they run their company or hate the guy. Okada is already the best wrestler to step in a ring in NJPW and he has many many years ahead of him to further cement his legacy. I just thought it was the wrong decision to have him go over. It was Naito's time and Okada can afford a loss there it wouldn't have hurt him.

Again, ZERO issues with Okada I am a big fan he is TOP DOG in all of wrestling. I just thought it was the right time to put the title on Naito. That is all.

Man, the internet is talking about Okada the same way they talk about Roman Reigns. The, "Shoved down our throats" aspect of it.

Folks just don't like dominance.

Same reason @ihust1e hates GSW

instead they’ll just continue to cast judgemental stares in the hopes that you’ll quit ruining the show for everyone else.

The more foolish you act the less welcoming locals will be to the next person who travels here.

That Japanese side eye is so real, and easily one of the most elegant but damning techniques I have ever been the victim of or witnessed others recieve. It makes you tighten up if you are ******* up and aware very quickly.

Also great to see that the Full Sail crowd started getting money to travel abroad.... ugh.

Non #OPinfluence drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345 > #OPinfluence drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345

b2b952a881dd521d439ddb299933200e340f8cec_hq.gif

Aaron Craig
5 hrs
Rant time:

Japanese wrestling is reaching further heights every year, with the January 4th show attracting more and more foreign fans. This past year was amazing, with far more fans who made the trek overseas compared to last year. Everyone I met and talked to was great and friendly. I drank my Starbucks this morning with two very nice fans from the UK, who were on their first trip to Japan. We had a meet up at TGI Friday’s with over a dozen fans from around the world where everyone talked shop and complained about the terrible service. Overall everyone I met or interacted with today was awesome and hopefully I’ll be able to see them all again in the future. However, as usual, there is always “that guy”. (Tip: Don’t be “that guy”.)

Japan is an amazing country with a culture that is different from the US. People are polite, far quieter, indirect (especially when they are annoyed or disagree), and tend to avoid conflict. Most Japanese fans I meet and interact love having western fans attend shows, as those who make to trip are often the most dedicated/invested in the product and respect the culture. What is unacceptable is being a western fan in Japan who is loud, obnoxious, and tries to make themselves a part of the show. Tonight “that guy” was sitting several rows behind us in the Tokyo Dome. Be it mocking the “Kenny!” and “Naito!” yells of female fans with exaggerated imitations for the duration of an entire match, yelling at Okada to “Stay the **** down!”, or a number of other remarks, there was no lack of annoyed fans in our section. Unlike the US, most people here won’t tell you to be quiet, instead they’ll just continue to cast judgemental stares in the hopes that you’ll quit ruining the show for everyone else. Although in this case Jericho did yell at the guy halfway through his match.

For those who choose to make the journey to Japan in the future I would encourage you to enjoy the shows here, but don’t make an effort to make yourself a part of the show. What might be acceptable crowd behaviour for a WWE or indy show in the US isn’t necessarily kosher over here. Most importantly, like with anything else when you travel abroad, the conduct people display creates the impressions people have of all western fans. The more foolish you act the less welcoming locals will be to the next person who travels here.

I’m sorry if this comes off as “elitist” or gate keeping, but this guy really lessened the quality of our experience tonight and of those around us.

I came across this too...took me all of 3 minutes to read, and I would easily pass a comprehension test connected to retaining the information contained within.

on topic tho, you MUST respect the culture of the places you visit. this shows such typical entitlement, and that's all I have to say about that.

Back
Top Bottom