Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

How does bribing one solve anything? If one's opinion is swayed just from the purchase of something like jewelry, then they weren't strongly advocating for whatever they claimed in the first place.
she's just as materialistic as me, she just doesn't have the means to splurge and although i buy her nice things, she has always been independent and as of lately trying to finish up school, her money flow has taken a hit and perhaps thats why she's complaining....in other words i think shes jelly...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

How does bribing one solve anything? If one's opinion is swayed just from the purchase of something like jewelry, then they weren't strongly advocating for whatever they claimed in the first place.
she's just as materialistic as me, she just doesn't have the means to splurge and although i buy her nice things, she has always been independent and as of lately trying to finish up school, her money flow has taken a hit and perhaps thats why she's complaining....in other words i think shes jelly...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The key to staying happy in a  marriage is having a spouse that loves you for who you were before the vows were exchanged.
And judging by your posts there's no doubt that she does.  The issue that your wife has is your habit of spending $1000 a month
on excess, not that you are buying shoes with it.  Your habit is a threat to her financial security which is so important in a marriage.
Marriage is a lifetime team commitment, and she's trying to help you make the best decision over the long run for your team.
Consider her feelings, and take some time to enjoy the things that you already have.  You'll cut back on shoe buying, make the Mrs.
happy, and have a lot more money in your pocket for meaningful purchases down the road without even trying.
indifferent.gif
I still don't see the problem with him buying what he want's when he's taking care of business though.

but then again, it's the general section.

I'm also all for hearing his wife out though, you have to listen.

best thing to do is try to come to some sort of agreement.....but it's hard to change a habit when you were like that for soooo long.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The key to staying happy in a  marriage is having a spouse that loves you for who you were before the vows were exchanged.
And judging by your posts there's no doubt that she does.  The issue that your wife has is your habit of spending $1000 a month
on excess, not that you are buying shoes with it.  Your habit is a threat to her financial security which is so important in a marriage.
Marriage is a lifetime team commitment, and she's trying to help you make the best decision over the long run for your team.
Consider her feelings, and take some time to enjoy the things that you already have.  You'll cut back on shoe buying, make the Mrs.
happy, and have a lot more money in your pocket for meaningful purchases down the road without even trying.
indifferent.gif
I still don't see the problem with him buying what he want's when he's taking care of business though.

but then again, it's the general section.

I'm also all for hearing his wife out though, you have to listen.

best thing to do is try to come to some sort of agreement.....but it's hard to change a habit when you were like that for soooo long.

A. stop buying so many goddamn shoes.

B. smack your wife something fierce.

C. do it again.

D. buck up fella. Do not let your wife run her mouth when shes not paying for @%$!.

I remember your sn from the ihop female debacle thread, so this advice is probably not what you want to hear.

A. stop buying so many goddamn shoes.

B. smack your wife something fierce.

C. do it again.

D. buck up fella. Do not let your wife run her mouth when shes not paying for @%$!.

I remember your sn from the ihop female debacle thread, so this advice is probably not what you want to hear.

i'm going to be the voice of dissent out of all you kids...
when you are married..it's not my(yours) money and your(hers) money...it's OUR money.

the fact that you're bringing home most the proverbial bacon doesn't matter...you both should have an EQUAL say on your HOUSEHOLD's budget.
You're being the equivalent of a financial bully b/c you're the bigger breadwinner.. the whole "might is right"

Your household income is not just yours anymore... it belongs to both of you...
it's not your money, and then whatever's leftover after the bills and after I spend on what I want...then the rest is "ours"

..that's what being married is.

when you are married..it's not my(yours) money and your(hers) money...it's OUR money.

the fact that you're bringing home most the proverbial bacon doesn't matter...you both should have an EQUAL say on your HOUSEHOLD's budget.
You're being the equivalent of a financial bully b/c you're the bigger breadwinner.. the whole "might is right"

it's not your money, and then whatever's leftover after the bills and after I spend on what I want...then the rest is "ours"

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

What's your part time job Steezy
nerd.gif
i do the same in both my jobs, Respiratory Therapy....then i have my little side gig as a maternity/children's photographer....wish i could focus on my photography more though...nothing like being your own boss...soon enough though.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

What's your part time job Steezy
nerd.gif
i do the same in both my jobs, Respiratory Therapy....then i have my little side gig as a maternity/children's photographer....wish i could focus on my photography more though...nothing like being your own boss...soon enough though.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

and thats exactly the reason why im trying to comprehend where she's coming from, im still a newlywed and this whole new idea of "our" money is what im still trying to get used to....i do fully agree im being the "financial bully" of our household but is something im doing unintentionally and im trying to change it....I always wanted to be part of a double income household where we both had it good....she's had some troubles and the future is promising but as of now its all on me so i guess im the one being rebellious.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

and thats exactly the reason why im trying to comprehend where she's coming from, im still a newlywed and this whole new idea of "our" money is what im still trying to get used to....i do fully agree im being the "financial bully" of our household but is something im doing unintentionally and im trying to change it....I always wanted to be part of a double income household where we both had it good....she's had some troubles and the future is promising but as of now its all on me so i guess im the one being rebellious.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ask her whats the amount you should/can spend on kicks...
Why should he have to ask though? He should have his own private account with some money stashed away for his own personal use as most married couples would have in addition to a joint account for household necessities, retirement, etc.

OP, are your assets protected? Since you are the breadwinner and there's already conflict as to what you do with YOUR money it might be wise to have a rainy day fund.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ask her whats the amount you should/can spend on kicks...
Why should he have to ask though? He should have his own private account with some money stashed away for his own personal use as most married couples would have in addition to a joint account for household necessities, retirement, etc.

OP, are your assets protected? Since you are the breadwinner and there's already conflict as to what you do with YOUR money it might be wise to have a rainy day fund.

K man....

Do what you please

Honestly, it's always like this.
Well, all girls.. or atleast most of them that I encountered are cool with Sneakers and me collecting them in the beginning, but down the road, they stop liking them.. I dont know what it is.

Im honestly starting to think its just Niketalk... because if your on here alot and posting and or looking for release info, girls feel that Niketalk in cutting into their time.. so they blame sneakers as well.

But you seem to have yourself together, all your bills are paid... go have fun

"work hard, play harder"

what's the point in working hard... and in your case working two jobs, and not being able to spend big money

When it comes to sneakers, I dont think theirs a limit to an age to stop. Its a hobby, a passion, and a love
Do what you feel man!!

I had girls threaten to leave me, burn my sneakers, and all types of crap because of kicks, they learn to get over it

And as far as spending $500 every two weeks.. that's not a problem in my eyes, maybe cause I do the same thing... lol

Goodluck K

Back
Top Bottom