Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

K man....

Do what you please

Honestly, it's always like this.
Well, all girls.. or atleast most of them that I encountered are cool with Sneakers and me collecting them in the beginning, but down the road, they stop liking them.. I dont know what it is.

Im honestly starting to think its just Niketalk... because if your on here alot and posting and or looking for release info, girls feel that Niketalk in cutting into their time.. so they blame sneakers as well.

But you seem to have yourself together, all your bills are paid... go have fun

"work hard, play harder"

what's the point in working hard... and in your case working two jobs, and not being able to spend big money

When it comes to sneakers, I dont think theirs a limit to an age to stop. Its a hobby, a passion, and a love
Do what you feel man!!

I had girls threaten to leave me, burn my sneakers, and all types of crap because of kicks, they learn to get over it

And as far as spending $500 every two weeks.. that's not a problem in my eyes, maybe cause I do the same thing... lol

Goodluck K

^^^thanks bro, im on the same page with everything you said...and i do believe is NT, although 80% of the time im on NT im posting from work so it doesn't really cut into her time, but then there is that 20% where we might be in bed and she's watching the Housewives of New York or some Iron Chef show and i might be on NT and she gets upset...lol.

but then there is what Dirty said, marriage changes the whole scenario and thats what im trying to learn.

^^^thanks bro, im on the same page with everything you said...and i do believe is NT, although 80% of the time im on NT im posting from work so it doesn't really cut into her time, but then there is that 20% where we might be in bed and she's watching the Housewives of New York or some Iron Chef show and i might be on NT and she gets upset...lol.

but then there is what Dirty said, marriage changes the whole scenario and thats what im trying to learn.

My wife knew all about my sneaker collection/habit before we got married and had our son..I cut way way way back on buying kicks..Only get about 3 or 4 pairs a year now (maybe a couple more if she buys them for me for Christmas)..Even have sold a bunch of pairs..She still gives me the damn stink face everytime I say I want a shoe..But she aint got no problem when I tell her its cool to spend 1-200 dollars on some clothes every other month or when I spend a couple hundred on her a Coach purse a couple times a year..SMH..

My wife knew all about my sneaker collection/habit before we got married and had our son..I cut way way way back on buying kicks..Only get about 3 or 4 pairs a year now (maybe a couple more if she buys them for me for Christmas)..Even have sold a bunch of pairs..She still gives me the damn stink face everytime I say I want a shoe..But she aint got no problem when I tell her its cool to spend 1-200 dollars on some clothes every other month or when I spend a couple hundred on her a Coach purse a couple times a year..SMH..

Originally Posted by henz0

If she doesn't work and you're taking care of everything while still having $ to buy what you like, she has no say IMO

This, but at the same time, I'd put a substantial amount of that money in another savings acct or an IRA. That's a good side gig and you dunno if /when that cake is gonna dry up

Originally Posted by henz0

If she doesn't work and you're taking care of everything while still having $ to buy what you like, she has no say IMO

This, but at the same time, I'd put a substantial amount of that money in another savings acct or an IRA. That's a good side gig and you dunno if /when that cake is gonna dry up

Way to plan for your children's future OP. I'm sure Cement 3's will most definitely pay for your kid's college. No worries 
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Way to plan for your children's future OP. I'm sure Cement 3's will most definitely pay for your kid's college. No worries 
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Benihana

pimp.gif

-The Juice

bro, but i don't have any kids or signs of there even being a kid in the near future.....
grin.gif

pimp.gif

-The Juice

bro, but i don't have any kids or signs of there even being a kid in the near future.....
grin.gif

bro, i also just turned 28 in april. ive been married for almost 3 years with a 2 year old. my old lady knew wat time it was when she signed up, besides i got her shoe game crazy as well, im 147 pair in all heat since ive been a sz 9.5 since 1998 my freshman year of highschool not to mention the shoes i doubled up on, sold and fukd off. but yea bro i dont have that issue. she may sumn every now and then but i usually put it on her and put her to sleep and im gud. no prob. she jus get mad if i cop sumn and she dont get nuthn.

bro, i also just turned 28 in april. ive been married for almost 3 years with a 2 year old. my old lady knew wat time it was when she signed up, besides i got her shoe game crazy as well, im 147 pair in all heat since ive been a sz 9.5 since 1998 my freshman year of highschool not to mention the shoes i doubled up on, sold and fukd off. but yea bro i dont have that issue. she may sumn every now and then but i usually put it on her and put her to sleep and im gud. no prob. she jus get mad if i cop sumn and she dont get nuthn.

Originally Posted by oidreez

at 28 i wouldn't be collecting shoes like you are

Yeah... 34 and married.  There are a TON of better things you can do with that money than buy shoes.
put it in your future kids college savings, let it grow.

$500 every few weeks?  That has to be exaggerated a little right?  Man, just think if you'd invested that money in Chevron shares before the price of gas shot up.  or in shares of Google or Amazon... then set your mind to not withdraw/sell for 10 years.  10 years from now you'd be 
pimp.gif
.... OR.... you can have a closet full of shoes that no one really desires and aren't worth the box they're stored in.

quoting NT'er Shapeshiftah ~ "now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore. "

Yeah... 34 and married.  There are a TON of better things you can do with that money than buy shoes.

$500 every few weeks?  That has to be exaggerated a little right?  Man, just think if you'd invested that money in Chevron shares before the price of gas shot up.  or in shares of Google or Amazon... then set your mind to not withdraw/sell for 10 years.  10 years from now you'd be 
pimp.gif
.... OR.... you can have a closet full of shoes that no one really desires and aren't worth the box they're stored in.

quoting NT'er Shapeshiftah ~ "now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore. "

Originally Posted by ksteezy

pimp.gif

-The Juice

grin.gif
Then do what you please. Asking NT about such a simple issue, isn't going to solve your problem. We all have hobbies and things we like to do, but you have a life with another person now, are shoes really that big of a deal? Unless I read wrong, you are working 2 jobs and with that extra cash you use it to buy  kicks? I'm glad to see people are financially at a place where they can blow money.

I once read that you should always have at least enough savings in your bank to last you 6 months just incase something happens, and the rock bottom hits. If you are set, then continue what you are doing, but I agree with your girl.

-The Juice

pimp.gif

-The Juice

grin.gif
Then do what you please. Asking NT about such a simple issue, isn't going to solve your problem. We all have hobbies and things we like to do, but you have a life with another person now, are shoes really that big of a deal? Unless I read wrong, you are working 2 jobs and with that extra cash you use it to buy  kicks? I'm glad to see people are financially at a place where they can blow money.

I once read that you should always have at least enough savings in your bank to last you 6 months just incase something happens, and the rock bottom hits. If you are set, then continue what you are doing, but I agree with your girl.

-The Juice

the never ending battle. i've had to negotiate a meagre annual shoe budget, and have voluntarily reduced it since it's getting to the point where each shoe is almost not getting enough wear. the only way i can justify the addiction is if the shoes get worn, otherwise they're just clutter that get in the way.

the never ending battle. i've had to negotiate a meagre annual shoe budget, and have voluntarily reduced it since it's getting to the point where each shoe is almost not getting enough wear. the only way i can justify the addiction is if the shoes get worn, otherwise they're just clutter that get in the way.

pimp.gif

-The Juice

grin.gif

-The Juice
is not a big deal and im not making it out to be by making this thread, just simply want to see the opinion of other dudes that might relate to me being that this is in fact a sneaker forum and really feeling the responses and believe it or not it allows me to view the situation in a different light.
the savings account is covered and hopefully my means of getting money wont ever change, but you just never know nowadays....thanks for your input 
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

-The Juice

grin.gif

-The Juice
is not a big deal and im not making it out to be by making this thread, just simply want to see the opinion of other dudes that might relate to me being that this is in fact a sneaker forum and really feeling the responses and believe it or not it allows me to view the situation in a different light.
the savings account is covered and hopefully my means of getting money wont ever change, but you just never know nowadays....thanks for your input 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by capricdragon

pimp.gif

i need to educate myself on investments....SERIOUSLY.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by capricdragon

pimp.gif

i need to educate myself on investments....SERIOUSLY.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom