MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3?

i made the task setup vid for somebody that hadn't gotten into marvel before this game in case anybody's wondering. actually without that person making a negative comment about task's appearance, i probably wouldn't have even touched task.
he turned out to be a character i really like. his options are great, his assist (parabolic shot) is good and his damage output is great.

Originally Posted by Michael Kelso

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by robxdrew

try to go to walmart yo...i walked in and picked up they had like 6 copies

sidenote: this game is killing my thumb
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Yo where at man? You think you could scoop me up one?
houston, 
maybe ill check and see if they have some tomorrow...i got a paypal card i think it was 75 total + shipping 

which walmart in Houston? and when did you buy it?
greenspoint, release day 

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

For anyone that missed yesterday's tourney this is part 1, some really good matches
watched some of this wednesday night.
can't believe mike ross took out neo in the first match

Right around the 30:00 mark is a great match.

clockw0rk also had some crazy�phoenix�match. i dont think its in here

debs 168 wrote:
Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

How do you know which combination of players are good? I know a lot of people have used Dormamu and Sentinel, but are there other combinations that are can do well? Im trying to figure out a solid team, but I don't know which combination of players to pick. Any advice?

yeah...IMO i look at it like this

-need at least one character that builds meter for the others that burn meter (especially since you can't whiff to build meter)
-dhc options have to be decent. they have to flow into one another with nobody getting dropped or whatever because a super doesn't connect
-have to be able to deal a lot of damage with minimal execution needed
-assists have to be good. you need cover. preferably one that goes across the screen and if at all possible something anti air or close to it (not many options in this game)
for example:

�

Good looks on the video dude...pretty informative

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

For anyone that missed yesterday's tourney this is part 1, some really good matches
Wow....Richard N's Dante and Sentinel was just plain dirty!!!

2 comebacks on some serious stuff 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Blocking is also a problem for me....might have to get this for 360 as well...the PS3 controller doesn't feel responsive enough for this game.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Blocking is also a problem for me....might have to get this for 360 as well...the PS3 controller doesn't feel responsive enough for this game.

Get the arcade stick.  There's nothing like it!

#!#*+%# sentinel is driving me up the wall as well 
mad.gif
He was a problem spammer against folks I played in MVC2 and the same $!#+ happens to me for MVC3 @#$ 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!?!?!?!?

Other than that, it's a fun game and still trying to find the perfect trio.

im getting on now, want to run some practice matches anyone

someone pick modok so i can pick captain america and get the trophy no one picks modok online

Originally Posted by Michael Kelso

Originally Posted by robxdrew

try to go to walmart yo...i walked in and picked up they had like 6 copies

sidenote: this game is killing my thumb
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Yo where at man? You think you could scoop me up one?
houston, 
maybe ill check and see if they have some tomorrow...i got a paypal card i think it was 75 total + shipping 

which walmart in Houston? and when did you buy it?
greenspoint, release day 

Nevermind man.

My brother was able to cop a SE for me today. Much appreciation though.
pimp.gif

Once I get home, I'm hitting training, then hopefully seeing some of you guys online.

im getting on now, want to run some practice matches anyone

someone pick modok so i can pick captain america and get the trophy no one picks modok online

im down

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

#!#*+%# sentinel is driving me up the wall as well 
mad.gif
He was a problem spammer against folks I played in MVC2 and the same $!#+ happens to me for MVC3 @#$ 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!?!?!?!?

Other than that, it's a fun game and still trying to find the perfect trio.
Double jump or dash dash double jump. At this point you just want to rush the $%!$ out of him cuz he's slow, get close or behind him, start off a combo, L, L, L, M, H, S [insert your air combo here]. He's tough, but beatable like any slow moving / reaction character.

tennhouse i got it for ps3 i think your xbox right

robxdrew no doubt, send me a request

just did the 80 missions took about a hour, some are hard with just the ps3 control i hate when you have to go crouch L crouch M stand H then do a move that ends in M, i think my best is akuma i did 5

im not feeling this game so far. i loved mvc2 but cant understand y they considated the punch and kick buttons into the same ones. feels cheap, cheesy, and like im not in control.

Originally Posted by bigj505

im not feeling this game so far. i loved mvc2 but cant understand y they considated the punch and kick buttons into the same ones. feels cheap, cheesy, and like im not in control.
definitly feels like that. like its automatic vs manual.  i taught my lil bro how to dash into combos then do aerial combos into a super.  dude picked it up like it was nothing. in mvc2 he coulndt do anything LOL. he just mashes the S,M,H buttons then the special button and does the same thing over in the air. but yeah would have been perfect with the mvc2 scheme.

30t6p3b.gif
@ online. takes me 10+ tries to find a game sometimes. and when i do, the characters move like they're underwater. 
lvl 3 x factor sentinel = 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom