"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

#MONEYTEAM

OMG DA BIEBZ ON DA MONEYTEAM?

c22266d6f1a714d2c8dab0001b80e54588d6e330_r.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Mayweather knows when to fight big name fighters (De La Hoya, Mosley, Cotto) when they are past being a real threat. Floyd has been a bigger name in the sport of boxing longer than Manny and has had every opportunity to fight "real threats" in their prime, he has elected not to.
How do you know it wasn't the other way around?
How do you know that those fighters weren't ducking Floyd?

Is this dude serious lulz
Yeah Im serious. Boxing is a business.
You think those cats wanted an L on their records and possibly lose future big pay days?

Floyd right now is the last man standing from that group of guys. Maybe they should have taken some time off too.

Originally Posted by Demps

mosley was the one duckin Floyd though...my tooth hurts so i cant fight him smh.

I didnt know dude wouldnt fight because of a tooth ache
laugh.gif

Sugar couldnt find any anbesol in Vegas or Cali?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Risking his perfect record?! Never that
roll.gif

You're always calling people Floyd stans and claiming to be unbiased but won't even give him a shred of props after a performance like last nights...
You only want to see him fight threats from here on out?....When is Pacquiao going to do that?

I give Mayweather props for his skills, not his resume. Ask yourself this; why didn't the Cotto fight happen in 2007? The answer is simple, Floyd retired in November of 06 because he wanted no part of Cotto or Margarito at that time. Does that mean Floyd would have lost? I can't say, but I sure as hell can say he benefited fighting a 2012 Miguel Cotto who had his soul stripped away. Any boxing enthusiasist will tell you that even though Miguel got his redemption against Margarito, he is a shadow of what he was when he fought Mosley in 08.

Mayweather knows when to fight big name fighters (De La Hoya, Mosley, Cotto) when they are past being a real threat. Floyd has been a bigger name in the sport of boxing longer than Manny and has had every opportunity to fight "real threats" in their prime, he has elected not to. Manny fought whoever would take a fight with him. It's true that Manny and Floyd have fought almost every big name opponent, but you and I both know that Floyd has more pull in setting these mega-fights up. Bob Arum tells Manny who he fights and we are seeing proof of this right now.

As a boxing fan I am forced to watch fights that should of happened years ago. I'm also forced to listen to the stans of both Floyd & Manny who don't know a god damn thing about boxing.

roll.gif

Mayweather knows when to fight big name fighters (De La Hoya, Mosley, Cotto) when they are past being a real threat. Floyd has been a bigger name in the sport of boxing longer than Manny and has had every opportunity to fight "real threats" in their prime, he has elected not to.

Because unlike you I am an educated boxing fan who has been following and witnessing this sport since before you were born. For the record Mosley did give Floyd the run around. That can clearly be blamed on the belief that a Floyd-Mosley fight wouldn't be a decent draw. That's the negative side to this sport, when a fighters promoter picks fights strictly based off of numbers. Fights are built off of PPV #'s and at the time Floyd wanted to fight Mosley the casual fan didn't know who Mayweather was.

goldenchild9 you are so hung up on Pacquaio. I don't think you can have a discussion about Mayweather without mentioning Manny. This thread is about the Mayweather -Cotto fight and I was stating who Floyd should fight next. You made this about Manny, like all Floyd stans do. Since you can't discuss Floyd without bringing up Manny; I'll leave you with this question. With the exception of what is currently happening in the stalled negotiations between Arum & Floyd, when has Manny ever dodged the top competition? I'll wait.....

Don't undertand how Cotto doesn't get the respect he deserves. Cotto was undefeated until he got cheated with those loaded gloves. Hasn't been the same since. The last year is the best he's looked since but he still doesn't look as good as he did before. Happy Floyd gave him his due.

Oh cotto is a Better fighter now than before? I thought he was done after the first margarito fight?

That's a weird picture 
laugh.gif
.  I'm actually curious to who will join the Money Team next.

First off, i'm filipino lol.
Mayweather's control of the fight is like no other.

give props where its due, his skills are nasty.

People say that Cotto hit mayweather like no other opponent, but thats only because mayweather allowed the fight to happen that way. He easily could have made it boring, and fight a safe fight on his end like he usually does. but he chose to go toe to toe because that is what the fans want to see.

Now the question is, will he allow a fight with Pacquiao to go like this one, toe to toe like. 

Absolutely not. Floyd's biggest strength is that he's smart. He knows that Pac can get hits in, and he will do everything in his power to lock up, stick and move. his formula to win fights for years.

unless pac can break mayweathers shoulder, or bate him to go toe to toe, there is no beating floyd. 

Pac is the best at toe to toe. May is the best at boxing. pac is more enjoyable to watch imo. 

i like pac's style better. But you absolutely can not discredit the skill, tactics, and performance of Money Mayweather.

Cotto is raw too, just not elite. was pulling for him, but Mayweather absolutely controlled the whole fight.

he let him get those 3 rounds, rested, and MM came back for the last 3 like nothing phased him. 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

If Mayweather would've fought Cotto in 2007 he would've won by KO in 6 rounds . Cotto was way too wild back then and would've got caught. IMO Cotto is a better overall fighter now than he was back then .

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

whats funny? its damn near the truth

I'm sayin , that young green Cotto from 2007 would've came into a fight with Mayweather trying to knock him out and would've failed miserably . Margarito beating him with the plaster hands and him also fighting Pacquiao while shell shocked made him grow alot as a Boxer and forced him to redefine his game. Margarito II and this fight has been his most impressive performances IMO

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

If Mayweather would've fought Cotto in 2007 he would've won by KO in 6 rounds . Cotto was way too wild back then and would've got caught. IMO Cotto is a better overall fighter now than he was back then .

roll.gif

I actually agree.

Cotto changed his style for the better, the younger Cotto was just offense, see R. Torres fight...

see Zab Judah...

by the time MAC got to Shane, he had found out he can really "Box" and not strictly bang.

He also probably should have been at 154 alot sooner and he had no business fighting that Bob Arum forced catch weight. but I guess he wanted to get all his Top rank contracted fights out the way so he could get out of that contract

I was laughing at the claim of Mayweather KO Cotto in 6 rounds. You guys can't be serious with yours 
laugh.gif

Because unlike you I am an educated boxing fan who has been following and witnessing this sport since before you were born. For the record Mosley did give Floyd the run around. That can clearly be blamed on the belief that a Floyd-Mosley fight wouldn't be a decent draw. That's the negative side to this sport, when a fighters promoter picks fights strictly based off of numbers. Fights are built off of PPV #'s and at the time Floyd wanted to fight Mosley the casual fan didn't know who Mayweather was.

goldenchild9 you are so hung up on Pacquaio. I don't think you can have a discussion about Mayweather without mentioning Manny. This thread is about the Mayweather -Cotto fight and I was stating who Floyd should fight next. You made this about Manny, like all Floyd stans do. Since you can't discuss Floyd without bringing up Manny; I'll leave you with this question. With the exception of what is currently happening in the stalled negotiations between Arum & Floyd, when has Manny ever dodged the top competition? I'll wait.....
I knew i wasnt going to like you when I read your sig and saw that picture of "whatever his name is" as your identity.
Bro if you didnt see Leonard-Duran, Holmes-****ey, Hagler-Hearns, Hearns-Leonard, when they happened not on replay years later; 

then all that before I was born talk was so E-ignorant it aint funny. 

Your educated on boxing promotion, so you make boxing promotion remarks.

How do you figure the "average" boxing fan didnt know "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather, when he comes from a boxing family?

Unless your saying you were an average fan then i understand. Floyd was way more flamboyant back then.

This Floyd everybody is watching now has evolved into a professional businessman, and uses the media to his advantage.

Last night Floyd fought Cottos fight and beat him. Cotto got to use the gloves he wanted and fight at his weight.

Floyd is pound for pound the greatest fighter on the planet right now. He has earned that title by fighting the best of the best.

Mr S J King wrote:Iknew i wasnt going to like you when I read your sig and saw that picture of "whatever his name is" as your identity.
Bro if you didnt see Leonard-Duran, Holmes-****ey, Hagler-Hearns, Hearns-Leonard, when they happened not on replay years later; 

then all that before I was born talk was so E-ignorant it aint funny. 

Your educated on boxing promotion, so you make boxing promotion remarks.

How do you figure the "average" boxing fan didnt know "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather, when he comes from a boxing family?

Unless your saying you were an average fan then i understand. Floyd was way more flamboyant back then.

This Floyd everybody is watching now has evolved into a professional businessman, and uses the media to his advantage.

Last night Floyd fought Cottos fight and beat him. Cotto got to use the gloves he wanted and fight at his weight.

Floyd is pound for pound the greatest fighter on the planet right now. He has earned that title by fighting the best of the best.

So you knew you weren't going to like me because I am a Cardinals fan? I've read some stupid *$*# on here, but that is up there at the top. I grew up attending Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, JCC fights. How old are you btw junior? You really should have come better with a reply if that's your argument. I correct myself in saying the average fan, I meant the casual fan.

roll.gif
@ fighting the best of the best. I should of known you were a Floyd stan from the jump and shouldn't of even replied to you.

Watching the fight again Mayweather did his thing, he controlled a huge majority of the fight, however it does look like he's slowing down just a tad where now people have a chance of hitting him, IMO if I was Lenord Ellerbe or Roger Mayweather I'd like to see him push for the Manny fight and if it doesn't happen after a year go ahead and retire. I'm not a fan of his, but I'd hate to see him stick around too long and get hurt like my favorite fighter Roy Jones Jr.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

This fight would have been much closer if cotto didn't get gassed by the eighth round.

Exact reason why May's gameplan was to rope-a-dope Cotto all night

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Watching the fight again Mayweather did his thing, he controlled a huge majority of the fight, however it does look like he's slowing down just a tad where now people have a chance of hitting him, IMO if I was Lenord Ellerbe or Roger Mayweather I'd like to see him push for the Manny fight and if it doesn't happen after a year go ahead and retire. I'm not a fan of his, but I'd hate to see him stick around too long and get hurt like my favorite fighter Roy Jones Jr.
I actually felt this way since when he fought Sugar Shane. Then when he fought Ortiz, we really didn't see enough to gauge how much he's declined.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I actually felt this way since when he fought Sugar Shane. Then when he fought Ortiz, we really see enough to gauge how much he's declined.

That's what I'm saying. I've been watching boxing all my life basically and I've never seen Mayweather get hit like that except for Castillo and Corley (who hit him with one decent shot) he's still an excellent boxer, but you can see the speed isn't where it normally is.

this is what happens when you fight someone closer to your talent and skill level.

you get hit. Like Mayweather said after the fight, thats a part of the fight game.

You step up the comp, you wont pitch shut outs.

Back
Top Bottom