MBDTF didn't get nom for album of the year vol. WOW!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
People use Metacritic in the wrong fashion anyway. Gathering a bunch of subjective opinions and averaging them together doesn't make it objective. The only opinion that matters when it comes to an album, movie, game etc. is your own. And to me MBDTF is a great album that's vastly overrated by critics.

The contrast between the Grammy's and publications views of the album is interesting though.

Bingo.

Honestly, who cares? If Kanye wasn't involved, you wouldn't care at all about this show, so act accordingly. Y'all are strange.

Surprised it hadnt been mentioned yet but one thing im hearing is WTT and MBDTF could have split votes.

that would result in him missing out. other than that I really dont see how they can justify leaving him off.

If the Grammy's actually nominated the people that dropped the best albums of the year, it wouldn't even come close to winning Rap Album of the Year.

I'm glad, album was his worst to date. Critics and nt'ers are the only ones hyping that $&@! up.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

MBTDF > 21 > Everyone else > Foo Fighters career.

Dave Grohl's career > *
And Kanye is my favorite artist of all time. But that is just a ridiculous statement. 

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

I don't know how the other albums were in 2010, but MBDTF is not a good album, especially in comparison to Kanye's other stuff.

However, "Devil In A New Dress" is the best song of the decade.

Wasn't even the best song on the album (IMO)

Originally Posted by hugebird

Honestly, who cares? If Kanye wasn't involved, you wouldn't care at all about this show, so act accordingly. Y'all are strange.
Wouldn't care about the Grammy's? You make it sound like it's the BET awards or something lol. Kanye or not the Grammy's are a big deal.

I'm glad, album was his worst to date. Critics and nt'ers are the only ones hyping that $&@! up.

Always gotta be someone who makes a stupid comment like this lol. The album is platinum. I'm sure that was all from NT hype and random critics. Couldn't be the people like the album.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Wouldn't care about the Grammy's? You make it sound like it's the BET awards or something lol. Kanye or not the Grammy's are a big deal.

Always gotta be someone who makes a stupid comment like this lol. The album is platinum. I'm sure that was all from NT hype and random critics. Couldn't be the people like the album.

I don't give a $&@? if the album went platinum and it was the worst one point blank. Nobody around me is bumping that $&@?.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I don't give a $&@? if the album went platinum and it was the worst one point blank. Nobody around me is bumping that $&@?.
So because no one is bumping it around you the album is wack 
alien.gif
eyes.gif

Honestly, I could care less if kanye is nominated, he didn't have the best album, so why trip on him being nominated, but still. It was a very good album. 

There are zero people in my group of friends that care about the Grammy's and most of them are in the industry or have a job in the periphery. The Grammy's are a big deal to the young, who are happy to see their Top 40 icons, and the old who have been programmed into buying into its relevance. The fact is, that the Grammy's have never and will never be an accurrate indicator of either the most popular or the most critically acclaimed music of the year, but rather a mixture of things arbitrarily thrown together in order to fill quotas and now, seem progressive.

As for the people on NT caring this year, I have been here since 2000, and I haven't seen any outrage regarding a snub of this magnitude. I was going to try to give an example of an album in previous years that wasn't nominated over something that was exponentially better that won, but I have no idea what album has won album of the year (except for last year, admittedly) because I don't and have never given a *#@@.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 I'd venture to say that NONE of you have listened to all 5 of those albums, yet you want to *%%!+ about how Kanye didn't have the opportunity to lose to Adele. 
Get !*%@%@! real. He's one of my favorite artists, but you guys are just blind. 
first...your assumption is wrong.
secondly...my only thing is evveeerrryyybodyyy BUT the Grammy's thought the album was perfect? oh okay. 
grin.gif

[table][tr][td]Allmusic[/td][td]
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[sup][30][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Robert Christgau[/td][td](A)[sup][37][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Entertainment Weekly[/td][td](A)[sup][31][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]The Guardian[/td][td]
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_empty.svg.png
[sup][125][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]The New York Times[/td][td](favorable)[sup][126][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pitchfork Media[/td][td](10.0/10)[sup][32][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Rolling Stone[/td][td]
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
[sup][127][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Slant Magazine[/td][td]
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
11px-Star_full.svg.png
[sup][40][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Spin[/td][td](9/10)[sup][41][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]The Village Voice[/td][/tr][/table]

people around me are...so what's your point? 
and you do realize by saying point blank it insinuates that what you're saying is fact and not opinion....which is just not the case. sorry. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

So because no one is bumping it around you the album is wack 
alien.gif
eyes.gif

Honestly, I could care less if kanye is nominated, he didn't have the best album, so why trip on him being nominated, but still. It was a very good album. 
It's the principle of the matter. Hip Hop albums have always gotten the short end of the stick. This particular case seems like an outright smack in the face to hiphop and Yeezy himself. There's no justification for an album nominated the most and considered to be a superior album by most critics to not be nominated for album of the year, especially considering the competition.

RavageBX wrote:

There are zero people in my group of friends that care about the Grammy's and most of them are in the industry or have a job in the periphery. The Grammy's are a big deal to the young, who are happy to see their Top 40 icons, and the old who have been programmed into buying into its relevance. The fact is, that the Grammy's have never and will never be an accurrate indicator of either the most popular or the most critically acclaimed music of the year, but rather a mixture of things arbitrarily thrown together in order to fill quotas and now, seem progressive.

As for the people on NT caring this year, I have been here since 2000, and I haven't seen any outrage regarding a snub of this magnitude. I was going to try to give an example of an album in previous years that wasn't nominated over something that was exponentially better that won, but I have no idea what album has won album of the year (except for last year, admittedly) because I don't and have never given a *#@@.

Grammy's are the industry standard, like it or not. Regardless of how it is determined this is an accepted fact. Same as the NBA MVP. It doesn't matter if there are players with better stats or players that fans like better. Part of the greatness of a players career is defined by the accolades they've accumulated. Hip Hop is no different. While it isn't the bottom line it's still important. Anyways I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. I've been around almost as long as you so I know that when you say you've "never given a *$!%" it doesn't just apply to this.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

I don't know how the other albums were in 2010, but MBDTF is not a good album, especially in comparison to Kanye's other stuff.

Rick Ross ruined the song. Can't even play it anymore.

Im a HUGE KANYE STAN, like a lot of dudes on here
I feel he deserved the Nod

But come on 21>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MBDTF
Easy

The NBA analogy is not a very good one. With an award like MVP, there is a generally accepted criteria, and often times, the voters have been asked to explain how they come to their conclusions about the voting. Though there are years where there is an anomaly, for the most part, the general public who follows the sport will have an idea who will be at the top of the voting.

The Grammy's don't seem to have a pattern and at times seem like it's a mystery as to why and how things are nominated and win. Also, I don't necessarily count the Grammy's as the "industry standard" because up until last year, they didn't acknowledge that an album that didn't come from a major could be the best of the year. I just think it's silly that people give so much credence to these awards that are so noninclusive and politic-driven.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Rick Ross ruined the song. Can't even play it anymore.
Nah,Ross delivered one of his best verses ever imo

Back
Top Bottom