:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

So are we calling this the official iPad Thread?
might as well
laugh.gif

the price of that thing though
sick.gif
smh.gif

^ In my opinion, its value is greater than the price. When you can tailor a device to your own liking, that is just adds worth to me. Some of the things I can accomplish, such as streaming from my server, access to google docs, stellar battery life, and soon to be access to manga, make it worth the money.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

laugh.gif

I was at the store when I posted; it was my first time even holding the device. I'm not even an apple fanboy. I just think the device is, presumably, awesome.

I'm a devout user of the itouch and being so, I hope to find the iPad everything I need in a device.

However, if the device turns out to be trash (picking up the 3G), I will take it as an L.

At the moment, I believe it will be all I need and some, especially when the new OS releases.

for as much as you hyped the HELL out of this device, that was your first time using it? and you have the damn nerve to say "dont knock it to you try it"

sweet baby jesus. some of you are truly brainwashed.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Finally a concrete date.

32 GB here I come.
glasses.gif

That's ten more days!

2ltoi8g.jpg
nice gif dude
laugh.gif
that's great your getting the 3g iPad, are you picking it up in store or ordering it online ?

I'm hoping to reserve it and pick it up in store.

Called the Apple store today and they haven't even heard about an April 30th launch date. Not able to reserve it online yet, either.

Hopefully details are available soon.

Anybody have any experience with they Keynote app? If the functionality of that is how I imagine it could be with sliding between slides... I may want to get one
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Anybody have any experience with they Keynote app? If the functionality of that is how I imagine it could be with sliding between slides... I may want to get one
ohwell.gif
 Bestbuy store display models have keynote well the one I played around with did so defiantly go check it out the one your close to might also

someone explain 3g to me, will it run 3G from the same service as your att iphone or you have to pay a seperate bill

Crank, I believe if you have an iphone you can tether an ipad (wifi only) to it. I think the program is myfi from Cydia.

The 3G version of the iPad comes with a separate pay-as-you-go service. $15/month for 250 MB and $30/month for unlimited. You're free to opt out of paying for a month at any time.

Cancelled my apple order for the iPad and just went in store and picked one up
iPad 32gb wifi
2yud550.jpg

^
pimp.gif

Did you get a case of some sort? I'm looking into the Official Apple Case as it seems to be one of the few that has the prop option to facilitate typing.

I use my netbook in bed a lot, so having something like that is almost necessary. Not sure if the $40 is a good investment though.

I've also been looking into this as well. It's by Belkin.

I just love how it's virtually transparent. However, it's just a case. Typing efficiency would still be diminished. And it's $50.

It's important to note the ipad fits perfectly in your netbook case.

Anywho, I'm kinda bummed that Apple is not allowing reservations (so far) for the 3G. I work Friday, so I'll have to take off just to go camp.

I know the 16/32 GB are going to go first.

So the word on the 3G reserves is that Apple will not do them, but will honor those reserves that were placed two weeks before the wifi only iPad released. It would make sense to have another reserve time window before the 30th since a lot of people weren't sure they were even getting the iPad, wifi or 3G, before they released.

Guess the early bird gets the worm...or the iPad in this case.

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by sreggie101

but for the price of the ipad, why wouldn't you just get a netbook? granted the only competition that would justify an ipad is the kindle. However, i feel like a majority of the people who bought the ipad are apple fanboys so they most likely have an iphone/ipodtouch, which begs the question why buy an ipad if you own either of those?
I saw something on Google News where half of the iPad buyers so far were PC owners... Just food for thought.
source?
There are far more PC owners in the country than there are Mac owners so obviously there are going to be more PC people buying the iPad.

For those planning on buying an iPad on Friday, beware that you can only purchase one with a credit/debit card or check. ID must also be shown as well.

What's more is that there is a "lifetime limit" of 10 iPads per person.
laugh.gif

Apple is cracking down on resellers.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Is that recycling fee only in CA? I bought one on launch date in Vegas and no Fee. and Copped another one yesterday and got hit with that $8.00 fee.

Back
Top Bottom