:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

let me catch you walking around with one of those

no sympathy for anyone who gets jacked for theirs because no one really needs one of these

Hey guys, I found a way to reap the benefits of an iPad without even buying one!

c7b16b469e3e23ffb126f9169b7faf461092f320.jpg

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I still can't get over the fact there's no Flash.

the hell..?
Obvious reason. So they can get suckers for technology to buy version 2.0. And you can bet there will be some sort of feature left off of that...

damn dude how are you so excited?

i can't remember the last product i bought that i was so excited for. maybe ps3 but that was only because i wanted to play metal gear solid 4 so bad

[h4]How-to: Install Flash on your jailbroken iPad (for real)[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Jul 7th 2010 12:18PM

How-To

post_icon_video.gif

40diggsdigg We just saw Flash 10.1 ported to the iPad demonstrated in video formby Comex, and now you can get in on the action too, as long as youriPad is jailbroken. It's called Frash, and while the plugin is stillpretty early and doesn't do video playback yet, you can definitely playgames and other animations right now, and we're told video support isforthcoming. Okay, so let's try this out, shall we? It's notpoint-and-click simple, but it's not that hard, either. Fullinstructions after the break.

0. Make sure your iPad is jailbroken. It's pretty easy -- just run Spirit and you're done.
1. Download Frash.deb and keep it nearby. [Update: We've been advisedagainst hosting this ourselves, but it's not hard to find out there.]
2. Decide how you're going to get files onto your iPad. For Mac users, it's dead simple -- just install Netatalk, which will automatically pop up your iPad in the Finder's Sharing list. Windows users can try out this guide at iClarifiedto get OpenSSH installed and running and use WinSCP -- it's just aseasy. Either way, the login is "root" and the password is "alpine."Remember, you can seriously screw things up while you're in there, sobe careful!
3. Once you've got access to the iPad's filesystem, navigate to /var/root/Media as shown here:

07-07-10varroot.jpg

4. Once there, open Media and create a folder called "Cydia."
5. Open the new Cydia folder and create another new folder called "AutoInstall"
6. Upload Frash to your new folder.
7. Restart your iPad a couple times.
8. You're set! Now just navigate to a page in Safari with non-videoFlash content and hit the F logo to play it. Again, no video for now,but games and other simple content works. We did have a few crasheshere and there, but it's early code, and things are bound to get better.

So there you have it -- Flash on the iPad (sans fluid video playbackfor now, of course). Try it out and let us know how it goes -- ifyou're having trouble, our tipster suggests using SBSettings or therespring app to restart the Springboard, but we didn't have too manyproblems without it. Just remember, you're doing this at your own risk,and you might well end up bricking your iPad and blowing up theuniverse with this stuff. If you're not feeling brave enough to muckaround, here it is on video:

Thanks to Mike for sending along the info, and huge ups to Comex for developing Frash and Ozzapoo for compiling it!

Source

One of these days, Apple is going to mass produce a product and actually have enough so everybody gets one at release. I STILL have yet to get one of these in Wichita, KS. Everytime I've gone to Best Buy, they've been out. Only one of the 3 Best Buy's in town carries them and the Apple reseller in town only gets like 2 in at a time. Best Buy called me on Saturday and told me they had them in. I was going to be out of town until yesterday though. They wouldn't hold one for me. I figured, surely they would not sell out of them in 3 days. I go to Best buy after work yesterday and sure enough...THEY'RE OUT! The guy tells me that a bus with a Women's Russian basketball team came in Monday morning and bought all of the ipads and Apple laptops they had in stock! I'm going to Vegas tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have one somewhere on the strip.

I had to go to Vegas to get it, but I finally got my iPad. Posting from it right now. 64gb wifi/3G...yeah, I went a little nuts in Vegas. Now I need a bad !$# holder for it.

Back
Top Bottom