Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

METAL GEAR SOLID ON THE FIRST PLAYSTATION WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE GREATEST ONE IMO.

Twin snakes was better but I guess that happens with a remake . I still prefer mgs3 over any metal gear game , it was too good. 4 was great but the storyline and all the nano machines ruined it for me.

Ok, this may have been mentioned already in the thread. But what do I need to know from 3 and 4? I had PS2 so I played the first 2, then went Xbox for last Gen and didnt play through those. Now I think Im jumping back to Sony for this gen (yes, I see that it is for Xbox now too). So I gotta catch up on the story before I get into this.

MG always had one of the best story modes back in the day. But I just couldnt bring myself to copping both systems just for this one series. It always pissed me off that 360 wasnt getting Metal Gears.

Ill prolly just waste some time on WIKI later catching up on the stories anyways just to refresh my memory.

Last edited:
You deserve 1000
indifferent.gif

Hayter IS Snake
I KINDA agree with him.

HE never shoulda been Big Boss, although Kojima is grimy as hell for not even saying thanks after 15 years to him.

John Cygan/Solidus gets no love.

I'm mad nobody got the reference to your boy.

http://niketalk.com/t/540158/scariest-thing-thats-ever-happened-to-you

:lol:

Gray Fox HAS to make an appearance in this game, since he was recused around this time by Big Boss.

http://mgsforums.com/topic/7632759/1/

Good thread about it.

:lol:

I hope so. We've been begging Kojima forever now for more info on Frank's past, the creation of Cyborg Ninja, why and when everything happened in detail.

I'm wondering why Huey looks like he's being tortured by Ocelot and Kaz is overlooking it.

Big Boss's orders? Kaz gone rogue?

So this game is gonna show how Big Boss became Big Boss right?

Is anyone else happy that David Hayter is out as the voice of Snake? I always hated his portrayal, it was so cheesy.

Flame suit on!

You deserve 1000 :stoneface:

Hayter IS Snake

You woulda said that about whoever they chose to play Snake from the start anyways.

Face it, Hayter is trash. I'll give him his props for the first X-Men flick and that's where it stops.

But you only played 4 (which is when he did the worst voice in all games).

Go play MGS1(the ORIGINAL not that twin snakes garbage)-3, you can get HD remakes of 2,3,and Peacewalker, and it also includes the original Metal Gears where you fight Big Boss in the HD collection, (if ya got PS3 you can MGS1 for like $10 or less.

Still confused Mitch.

I'm hoping it's like MGS2/3 where GZ acts as a prologue, screw buying two games.

Come on Kojima, don't do it.

So yeah M', you decide to cop the MGS HD Collection?

Still confused Mitch.

I'm hoping it's like MGS2/3 where GZ acts as a prologue, screw buying two games.

I think I'll have to cop that too and play through.

Would I be best to go in story order or game order?

I think I'll have to cop that too and play through.

Would I be best to go in story order or game order?
Game order.

Do the original Metal Gear, it's found in the MGS3 menu(MG2:SS is there as well). They're NES games but hot damn if they aren't beastly in their own little ways. I won't spoil the last boss if you don't know already.
happy.gif
nerd.gif

You on PS3? If so do what I said before, check the playstation store and cop the original MGS1 (Its like $10 or lower).

If you're on 360 and have a spare gamecube lying around get Twin Snakes (MGS1 remake) if you have to but honestly, other than improved visuals it's worse in every way.

Then it's 2, 3, and Peace Walker(originally a PSP game, its now in HD and control scheme changed), (if you have a PSP cop Portable Ops, imo it's better than PW but was not included in the collection).

If you do cop Portable Ops, do it before Peace Walker.

This story has such amazing potential because we could see big boss turn into the evil version we hear about every now and then. The potential is amazing

Last edited:
Still confused Mitch.

Kojima came out and said that they're the same game earlier this week. Just like the Tanker / Big Shell incident in MGS2 and The Virtuous Mission / Operation Snake Eater in MGS3.

This story has such amazing potential because we could see big boss turn into the evil version we hear about every now and then
Yeah, he saying he regretted his actions in MGS4 was pretty cool.

Better not be just cause of that damn shrapnel in his head

Back
Top Bottom