Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

As far as we can tell, we've seen

Ground Zeroes: heard in Japanese (with the same Snake VA), not heard in English yet

Phantom Pain: heard in English (with different VAs), not heard in Japanese yet

Lots of people are speculating that it's because Snake will have a different voice after a 9 year coma... which, if it's the case, would open up a whole can of worms about is this really Snake?

Cause the one time we definitely do hear Snake talk - the gameplay video from GDC - he's got the same Keifer Sutherland voice as the character he's talking to (bandaged guy). Which I find odd

mgsvhorn.gif

Many people are saying the piece of shrapnel looks like a horn (I agree) which signifies BB turn into the BB of the MSX games, evil like.

He looks young there. All the other times we're shown him, he has visibily grey hair :nerd:

Is there any frame of reference to what the Diamond Dogs are?

Last edited:
Looks like he's awake, got the new prosthetic, got to home base and maybe we start Phantom Pain like that?

It'd be cool.

Nah, Kojima confirmed it was the lighting.

When BB is sneaking on to the base it's GZ.

And it's just a couple of days after PW so he'd be 39/40.

Maybe Diamond Dogs is the precursor to Outer Heaven? MSF is gonna be destroyed so...

Last edited:
He's only gonna be old big boss hopefully. David can't voice every Snake. :lol:

Last edited:
They did point out it was also because of his "age"...

But WTF where was that trailer that Kojima's been editing?

Hayter has already played Big Boss. There's no reason to change now.

Hayter has already played Big Boss. There's no reason to change now.
I don't mind the change, especially if they might include solid snake into the game. :nerd:

Ugh, why are they showing this full-length story trailer for a CASTLEVANIA game and not MGSV????
I actually enjoyed that trailer for castlevania, being a fan of the series and all. They showed Alucard, or a person that looks a lot like him. And I also think that this game might be taking place around the time of the demon castle wars, an event that quite a few fans, myself included, have always wanted to know more about.

Since this is an MGS thread and not a Konami one, I will refrain from talking about other konami games and concentrate on the topic at hand. :lol:

Man, imagine a 24 x MGS crossover. Jack Bauer and Solid Snake teaming up to save America, and the world, from Ocelot, the Partiots, and whoever is a main villain in the 24 series. That would be pretty awesome. :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Maaaaaaaaaaaan

They shoulda used Richard Doyle (he voiced Big Boss in MGS4)

He did extremely well imo.

Last edited:
Jack Bauer a beast though.

Also, why is Kojima calling him Snake? We goddamn better see the Big Boss from MG1-MG2:SS.

The scumlord who uses child soldiers and favors war.

Also I would be happy for John Cygan's (Solidus Snake's VA) voice.

He is the perfect clone so yeah.
happy.gif

Last edited:
Man, imagine a 24 x MGS crossover. Jack Bauer and Solid Snake teaming up to save America, and the world, from Ocelot, the Partiots, and whoever is a main villain in the 24 series. That would be pretty awesome. :lol: :pimp:

Makes me wonder... if this is dropping next year, it could be around the time 24 comes back. I wonder how people will view the game if this happens. Playing MGSV but thinking Jack Bauer the entire time... not sure if Kojima would want that.

Also makes me wonder if they're moving forward with the movie and using Kiefer.

Since they didn't move forward with the 24 movie, Snake could be his alternative to being a badass on the big screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom