Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

lol dude you posted a schedule of upcoming shows - lmao that dont tell me that they sold out! that just mean they got a show

that wasnt what i asked or denied
and yup seen THE SHOW and hopefully you know that was 16/17 years ago - i bought OB4CL2 and will not buy a WAKA album but Wu in the wrong on this one

sorry

rocyaice wrote:
Originally Posted by flossb15

lol my only question is, how yall know they selling out overseas??? proof please

I been asked that ++#.
laugh.gif
These cats talking about selling out overseas like they be over there. You N's don't leave the 5 burroughs so stop talking about what goes on outside of it. Especially overseas of all places. I notice cats started bringing up that dumb argument when they seen how well loved Akon and Fif are liked over there. Now everyone wants to bring that up.

Originally Posted by All Ready

no.

they just make more

for instance, most houston rappers signed a major label deal outta jealousy, not lack of money

This is the truth. Slim Thugga had a mansion before the deal. It wasn't because of album sales. He was cakin' off doing shows. Some rappers down here do shows everyday. Get anywhere from a stack a show to 10 stacks and that's the average local cat. Durrough cakes in like 5 stacks a show. Same goes for Lil Will. Dudes talking about overseas money man F outta here. Cats ain't gotta sell out overseas because they can cake over here doing a show. And Raekwon can too just as long as he got Wacka Flocka or Gucci Mane opening up for him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tune205

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Selling out venues overseas >>>> doing shows at clubs in the Carolinas with fire codes of <200 people

Going overseas because thats the only place you can get booked >>>>>> Having so many shows in America you dont have time or a need to go overseas yet???

laugh.gif

being international >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being continental

NO BODY is booking waka flocka in europe...[Jay-z] WE NEED A BOARD! [Jay-z/]

It's obvious Jay-Z makes more money than both of them and can(could) rap better than all of them...At this point they just throwing rocks at a tank complaining about the direction rap is going...Their opinion doesn't change anything, everyone doesn't think the same, too bad they couldn't "build" and think of that simple concept....5 percenters are so one track minded, no disrespect but it's true.

whoever thinks Raekwon don't got longer bread then Waka flocka just touring off 36 chamber C.R.E.A.M. strength is delusional...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

whoever thinks Raekwon don't got longer bread then Waka flocka just touring off 36 chamber C.R.E.A.M. strength is delusional...

Dude you just dont know Waka;s money is longer than Raekwon's. I dont even want to go into it

'If you lookin for that jay-z or nas rap then you can throw this ssss out the window cause this ssss FLOCKA!'

-Blunt Music off Salute Me or Shoot Me 2

Song sums it all up.  He even mentions Method Man in the song in a positive manner.

Son...I live in New Orleans now, lived in LA last year, and guarantee I have been out of the country and to more states than you have, so you can quiet the 5 bouroughs talk...Their is a reason that when immigrants come to this country, they don't go to the backwardass south.  The Southern drivel you guys are defending in artistic trash at the end of the day.

[table][tr][td]1[/td][td]Avatar[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$2,467,962,011[/td][td]2009[/td][td]
[sup][# 1][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Titanic[/td][td]Paramount Pictures[/td][td]$1,843,201,268[/td][td]1997[/td][td]
[sup][# 2][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King[/td][td]New Line Cinema[/td][td]$1,119,110,941[/td][td]2003[/td][td]
[sup][# 3][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/td][td]Walt Disney Pictures[/td][td]$1,091,345,358[/td][td]2006[/td][td]
[sup][# 4][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]The Dark Knight[/td][td]Warner Bros.[/td][td]$1,022,345,358[/td][td]2008[/td][td]
[sup][# 5][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone[/td][td]Warner Bros.[/td][td]$974,733,550[/td][td]2001[/td][td]
[sup][# 6][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End[/td][td]Walt Disney Pictures[/td][td]$960,996,492[/td][td]2007[/td][td]
[sup][# 7][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix[/td][td]Warner Bros.[/td][td]$958,212,738[/td][td]2007[/td][td]
[sup][# 8][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince[/td][td]Warner Bros.[/td][td]$943,959,197[/td][td]2009[/td][td]
[sup][# 9][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers[/td][td]New Line Cinema[/td][td]$935,282,504[/td][td]2002[/td][td]
[sup][# 10][/sup]​
[/td][/tr][/table]

The ten highest grossing movies of all time...Those are hot right, so they must be the best movies ever.  Mean Streets, Seven Samurai, Full Metal Jacket get no buzz.  We selling out movie thearter baby.  Harry Potter is poppin'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by All Ready

Off topic but the main reason cats in houston started chasing deals was because Lil Flip

As lame as yall think he is now, he had every rapper in houston jealous

They were already calling him the freestyle king then he went to be the first rapper this generation to get a major deal outta houston

boys was mad and had to look as rich as he did
when was this.  Paul and cham turned down plenty of deals before they dropped.  Mike Jones, Ro, Slim, Trae?  Which artist were chasing deals.  The majors werent coming with the right numbers, so they told them no.  As far as houston money>fame.  They been about the money way before being on tv/fame.   

Dude you just dont know Waka;s money is longer than Raekwon's. I dont even want to go into it
Are you saying Waka Flocka is worth more than Raekwon?  Please tell me you aren't saying that.

Some of you have made some pretty ignorant comments.  Waka will be relevant in 20 years?  You know how hard it is to be relevant 20 years after you came out in ANY genre?  Quick who won best rap Grammy 1990?  Hell, what was poppin in 1990?  And yet you can say guys who've only released a couple of mixtapes and sub par albums are gonna be relevant?  %*%!*.

There are a lot of east coast elitists.  Especially in NY.  Philly, DC, B-More, etc. often can't stand NYers cuz they think everything's better there so it isn't just a NY vs. South thing.  But at the same time there are a lot of southerners with chips on their shoulders (just look at how hard they're going in this thread) who get heated at any knock on a guy who many consider terrible just cuz he's from the south.  NEWSFLASH...people aren't hating on him cuz he's from the south, they're hating on him because they think he's terrible. 

He purposely comes out and says he don't do lyrics.  That's like saying "I don't score touchdowns" in football.  It's kinda the point of the game.  And a lot of traditionalist view that as disrespecting the craft.

With that said...I respect both Wu's comments and Waka's response. 

Also...some of you are quick to throw folks in a box.

Everyone who hates Waka ain't an east coast elitist and everyone who digs him ain't dumb southern hick who only likes substance-less music.

ninjahood wrote:

U mean his Moms money right?

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

He purposely comes out and says he don't do lyrics.  That's like saying "I don't score touchdowns" in football.  It's kinda the point of the game.  And a lot of traditionalist view that as disrespecting the craft.

thank God u dont rap.. that football analogy is TERRIBLE... alot of football players dont score touchdowns... mainly because they play defense...

and again this is music... the ultimate point is to entertain... not to be lyrical

Are dudes really arguing that Waka Flocka makes better music than The Wu?
Really?
If not.............................. Then what are you arguing about?
Relevance has always been a loaded word in Hip Hop. This genre of music has a disgusting habit of eating its own & having the attention span of a ******ed 10 year old. Relevance has never meant anything to me.
Waka's music is disposable & will not be revered as advancing this hip hop thing or making a major contribution. I don't think anyone can argue with that.
I don't care how many kids like dudes music, go ahead, better you than me. But just be honest about what it is. Lowest common denominator.

Calling someone out for making lowest common denominator type music is perfectly acceptable in my mind (East, West or South). Your man is getting money & having fun (that's fine), but he can't have respect. His contribution does not call for it.

waka got more money than Rae? son ya parents is siblings or something?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

thank God u dont rap.. that football analogy is TERRIBLE... alot of football players dont score touchdowns... mainly because they play defense...

and again this is music... the ultimate point is to entertain... not to be lyrical

a.  How do you know I don't rap?

b.  Can you win a game not scoring touchdowns?  Or not scoring at all?

c.  I understand music is to entertain.  But if a rappers job isn't to have lyrics, what is his job?  How is a rapper entertaining without words?

It's not that simple...Great art transcends  entertainment.  Public Enemy main point wasn't to entertain, it was to uplift/inform and point out the flaws in societal structure.  No matter what art form you are talking about, there is great stuff that is mean to entertainment (Browz, Waka, Jones, Gucci), and then there are artists who entertain while also doing more than just that ('Face, 'Kast, Nas, etc)  For that, they will always be remembered as being bigger than the Music they made themselves.  Music = art, which = expression.  And Illadelph I agree with all of your points.  Artists who are always remembered are ones who creat a unique style and break the mold.  I hate on Wayne but Wayne is unique, no one sounds or raps like him and it is why he is respected and will be remembered well.  Same with cats like Dilla, Cube, Common, 'Ye etc.

And Time you act like you know so much about what it takes to be a rapper than where is your buzz, who are you entertaining?

And
roll.gif
at Waka having more money than Rae...Literally, pass whatever kush you on my brother
pimp.gif

c.  I understand music is to entertain.  But if a rappers job isn't to have lyrics, what is his job?  How is a rapper entertaining without words?

a. i dont and coudl care less

b. a TEAM scores touchdowns... every player on the team doesnt...

c. of course they need lyrics TECHNICALLY... it has to have words... but as far as being lyrical that @+%* doesnt matter all the time...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And Time you act like you know so much about what it takes to be a rapper than where is your buzz, who are you entertaining?

its alot harder than knowing what to do... u have to have the means to do so...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

its alot harder than knowing what to do... u have to have the means to do so...
Agred somewhat...but I've heard you talk about that you know your are going to make it.  What about your music makes this so iyo?

I thought a rappers job was to to entertain? That should be a rappers main focus. Make songs that entertain people. If you can do that with hot lyrics that's fine. If you can do it without hot lyrics that's fine. There's more to a hot song than just lyrics. That's a concept a lot of artists don't understand its why some are mixtape rappers their whole career. They can spit but can't make hot songs. Nelly was never a great rapper but he knew how to make a hot song. IT depends on the person though. Personally, I can tolerate garbage lyrics if the beat is hot because I drive a lot and when I drive i'm riding to music that's gonna make my speaker's OD. When i'm on a 45 mile drive to school i'm more likely to bump a Tear Da Club Up than I am Black Girl Lost. My point is, every song has its purpose. Every artist has its purpose.

a. i dont and coudl care less

b. a TEAM scores touchdowns... every player on the team doesnt...

c. of course they need lyrics TECHNICALLY... it has to have words... but as far as being lyrical that @+%* doesnt matter all the time...

So what does Waka "contribute to the team" if he doesn't do lyrics?

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I thought a rappers job was to to entertain? That should be a rappers main focus. Make songs that entertain people.
indifferent.gif
This is why other genres laugh at rap. I think M16 was right Hip Hop is turning into pop. I'm not saying you have to be super lyrical, but a TRUE artist's job is to create art. The best art that can be made. Ask any rapper who actually loves rap and doesn't just love the females, cars, and popularity that comes with it. I always defend Southern rap because at the end of the day it' good music and I appreciate more than these mixtapes dudes spitting about nothing but I swear their fans give their music a bad name.

Disclaimer: And I'm not saying every rapper is an artist. Some rappers just have a niche to fill and they make strictly "entertainment" music. But if you think all rapper's main job is to entertain then you're just disrespecting rap music.

Y'all dudes will really accept anything that is fed to you...I really believe people liking this crap doesn't cause but is related to all the problems in the black community.

"It ain't time for me to do that. This ain't no album, this is mymixtapes. Why I gotta go spend 30 hours [writing rhymes] off of amixtape?"

So your going defending a dude that really puts no effort into his work at all...He said he doesn't want to be lyrical cause it requires too much work.  Y'all dudes really need to research the history of Hip-Hop and the evolution.  I swear I can't wait for this #+*+ to be dead as a poular genre and the dudes who are only in it for the money stop.  Tha why as I said I don't like him, I respect Wayne.  He works his *#$ off.  He doesn't just put his #+*+ out to put it out. 

Back
Top Bottom