Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

Originally Posted by tune205

Hi Hater was song with a dance. So was ballin
We make the same club music too...We have our Ron Browz's, Juelz who music can set a club on fire in NYC the same way Gucci or Waka do in the south.  Those cats are in the same genre, I don't see any difference.  The difference is that we have a proliferation of other sub-genre's, which there is less of that in the South.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

We make the same club music too...We have our Ron Browz's, Juelz who music can set a club on fire in NYC the same way Gucci or Waka do in the south.  Those cats are in the same genre, I don't see any difference.  The difference is that we have a proliferation of other sub-genre's, which there is less of that in the South.
Its amazing how many excuses you dudes come up with to give your trash pass but the South doesn't those same passes for some reason.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Its amazing how many excuses you dudes come up with to give your trash pass but the South doesn't those same passes for some reason.

So that isn't a VALID point??

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

never said that... im just sayin its cats up there makin worse music than people down south...

yall still got all them bum #!+ mixtape rappers like papoose...
I agree Pap has been a bum for a minute....but yet Waka just put him on his mixtape
eyes.gif

The thing y'all really fail to realize is Hip-Hop is dying anyway as a popular form of music.  These "delusional" NY cats, who don't have a "buzz" will always be in the game cause they cater to a particular market that is a very loyal following.  Which southern cats really going to still be rapping when they ain't making a lot of money off this +!%@? I can't think of that many
ohwell.gif
Wrong Pap asked to be on Rich Kids Patna dem remix. They decided to throw him on another track which they later added Waka to the song. 

Why would Pap reach out the Rich Kids?
Why 50 cent reaching out 50 cent AND Waka for 16s
Why ALLL these NY djs coming down south trying to hop on what they think is hot
laugh.gif
Out of touch mahsuckas
Why did Jadakiss reach out to OJ Da Juiceman?

Because they know in order to remain relevant you have to come down here. Its just how it is right now

To your second statement. Wu Tang unless they make some epic comback aint going to sell out no damn 10,000 seat arena outside of the tri state area. Thats probably half the reason they seem bitter because promoters aint trying to book them dudes in venues. Ask Raekwon how many people showed up to his free show in Atl a couple months ago. maybe 200. I would be a little bitter too if these young dudes doing shows with 2000 to 5000 attendees

How did I make any excuses...Time was saying earlier how Waka cares more about setting a club on fire than lyrics, we have dudes who do that as well.  But club music is contantly changing, by next decade electro/techno will have taken over the majority of poppin clubs around the world.  I never said Browz wasn't trash, the difference is we will embrace our trash while acknowleding its trashiness, while you guys defend it like it is really great music.  And y'all dudes saying lyrics don't matter, what the +$** is the point of an MC then...These So Icey cats ain't making the beats, it would be thing if they were, but as an MC the only thing you are responsible for flow and lyrics. 

Dudes is really posting like somebody said the east coast doesn't have artists who make bad music or artists that just make party/club/dance music.

Yall too busy bringing up lil girls and Jojo Simmons. Of all the bad rappers or one hit wonders these the ones you choose to target. Just shows the difference. Trash don't prosper.

And let me get this straight doing a shooting motion with your hand is a dance now? Is that the dance that Ballin had with it? I must've missed the instructions Jimmy was spitting in the song.

Yea... EVERYone in NY and the rest of the east coast is MAD...

The south is like what the west coast was in the late 80s-early 90s...

With the chip on their shoulder...

Except the West actually had something important to offer to hip hop culture...

Apparently Wu-Tang's word is pure gospel up in this thread.
laugh.gif

Every region makes wack music at times, age don't protect nobody from criticism. I got more respect for a young dude like Waka who is staying in his lane making "crunk" type music versus a vet like Jim Jones who's sellin out and making corny dance songs for teenagers when a few years ago he was trying to be a "certified gangster". Pick a lane and stay in it is all I'm saying. That's what Wu did and that's what most of these southern artists doing too, let em live.

How did I make any excuses...Time was saying earlier how Waka cares more about setting a club on fire than lyrics, we have dudes who do that as well.  But club music is contantly changing, by next decade electro/techno will have taken over the majority of poppin clubs around the world.  I never said Browz wasn't trash, the difference is we will embrace our trash while acknowleding its trashiness, while you guys defend it like it is really great music.  And y'all dudes saying lyrics don't matter, what the +$** is the point of an MC then...These So Icey cats ain't making the beats, it would be thing if they were, but as an MC the only thing you are responsible for flow and lyrics. 
I'm responding more to your sub genre comment. The South isn't all about crunk music or ringtone !!@. Just like the East Coast isn't just about Chicken Noodle Soup and Tony Yayo. The South has just as many sub genres as any other coast in the game does. You guys just chose to focus on the more wacker ones I guess because those are the ones getting most of the video and radio play.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Dudes is really posting like somebody said the east coast doesn't have artists who make bad music or artists that just make party/club/dance music.

Yall too busy bringing up lil girls and Jojo Simmons. Of all the bad rappers or one hit wonders these the ones you choose to target. Just shows the difference. Trash don't prosper.

And let me get this straight doing a shooting motion with your hand is a dance now? Is that the dance that Ballin had with it? I must've missed the instructions Jimmy was spitting in the song.
Nobod is targeting little girls Meth said that Webstar a 23 year old man gets a pass for making garbage and I brought up he was contradicting himself. That's it. And there are wack rappers on the East Coast. Don't full yourself. They just are not relevant to the topic at hand. Ya'll the ones wanting to get away from the topic. Jo Jo Simmons is garbage. Tony Yayo is garbage. Fat Joe is garbage. Jim Jones is garbage. I can go on further but what's the point. A Elitists! *NEWSFLASH* your doo doo still stinks.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

never said that... im just sayin its cats up there makin worse music than people down south...

yall still got all them bum #!+ mixtape rappers like papoose...
I agree Pap has been a bum for a minute....but yet Waka just put him on his mixtape
eyes.gif

The thing y'all really fail to realize is Hip-Hop is dying anyway as a popular form of music.  These "delusional" NY cats, who don't have a "buzz" will always be in the game cause they cater to a particular market that is a very loyal following.  Which southern cats really going to still be rapping when they ain't making a lot of money off this +!%@? I can't think of that many
ohwell.gif
Wrong Pap asked to be on Rich Kids Patna dem remix. They decided to throw him on another track which they later added Waka to the song. 

Why would Pap reach out the Rich Kids?
Why 50 cent reaching out 50 cent AND Waka for 16s
Why ALLL these NY djs coming down south trying to hop on what they think is hot
laugh.gif
Out of touch mahsuckas
Why did Jadakiss reach out to OJ Da Juiceman?

Because they know in order to remain relevant you have to come down here. Its just how it is right now

To your second statement. Wu Tang unless they make some epic comback aint going to sell out no damn 10,000 seat arena outside of the tri state area. Thats probably half the reason they seem bitter because promoters aint trying to book them dudes in venues. Ask Raekwon how many people showed up to his free show in Atl a couple months ago. maybe 200. I would be a little bitter too if these young dudes doing shows with 2000 to 5000 attendees
YOur right, I have never debated the that Atlanta is the center of Hip-Hop right now...And Rae will sell out arena's all over the world, Europe and Asia heavy.  Hip-Hop is bigger than America now if you guys didn't realize, and overseas people actually like listening to @%%@ that isn't some ABC/123 raps.

I didn't even know bout the Pap @%%@, I was listening to Flaka James mixtape and saw Pap was on a track and I was like
eek.gif
I was like I guess that is the only NYC dude that would bother +%%@!!% with Flaka in the first place.  And we could play that reaching out game to so %@#* outta here
laugh.gif
Oj reached out to cam for the remix, countless other heads too.  You Southern Cats think all NYC dudes hate on anything Southern...Not at all, we just don't give respect to trash.  I love Southern rap, 8Ball MJG, Devin the Dude, 'Kast, 'Face, TI, Dro, Little Brother,  3-6, the list goes on.  We Southern cats just find it funny that you respect dudes as actual ARTISTS, that's the difference.  Waka might make music, but he has no real enthusiasm for his craft or what he does.  NYC is a culture of art, whether we are talking about Hip-Hop or the Hipsters in BK.  Our "elitist" tastes are more on par with the rest of the world that the Southern drivel that these dudes listen to constantly.

folks saying where will gucci and waka be in 20 years...truth be told none of the wutang members are doing numbers and it hasnt even been 20 years

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Nobod is targeting little girls Meth said that Webstar a 23 year old man gets a pass for making garbage and I brought up he was contradicting himself. That's it. And there are wack rappers on the East Coast. Don't full yourself. They just are not relevant to the topic at hand. Ya'll the ones wanting to get away from the topic. Jo Jo Simmons is garbage. Tony Yayo is garbage. Fat Joe is garbage. Jim Jones is garbage. I can go on further but what's the point. A Elitists! *NEWSFLASH* your doo doo still stinks.
I don't recall Meth saying Webstar. I specifically heard him talk about the girl being a kid though. You the only dude I've seen bring up Webstar.

I never said there wasn't whack rappers from the East Coast. Read the post again
laugh.gif

Dudes is bringing up Jojo Simmons like the music he makes has taken over the East Coast and everybody else is following suit. However, that's the case with the rappers from the South mentioned.

It's just like Meth said you aint %%%+ when you approach hip hop saying you don't need lyrics, downplaying integral parts of rap music that make it rap music. It's a good thing they were asked about it tho. Aint no reason to talk about trash otherwise.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

folks saying where will gucci and waka be in 20 years...truth be told none of the wutang members are doing numbers and it hasnt even been 20 years

Yea but see you gotta understand these dudes are selling out in Cambodia and Pakistan. So technically they are relevant.

Master Zik wrote:

I mean Stanky leg had no instruction we just kinda...ya know saw it in the video. 

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

the south wasnt rapping early late 80s - early 90s?

Thats the misconception people think the South just picked up a mic in the 2000s. I mean dudes was rocking it independent since the early 80s. Dudes in NY was trying to get signed by Priority and Def Jam. The south rap been around just as long as East coast rap. understand that

And I agree the West influenced hip hop more than any other region.

Master Zik wrote:

I mean Stanky leg had no instruction we just kinda...ya know saw it in the video. 

the south was rapping early late 80s - early 90s?

Thats the misconception people think the South just picked up a mic in the 2000s. I mean dudes was rocking it independent since the early 80s. Dudes in NY was trying to get signed by Priority and Def Jam. The south rap been around just as long as East coast rap. understand that

I'll say they influence the South...but not all of Hip-Hop.  East Coast music def. influenced Midwest and Overseas Hip-Hop more than West Coast did.

Master Zik wrote:

The main difference is the name of the song is Stanky Leg aint it? Aint nobody was saying we was doing the Ballin in the club.

Yea but see you gotta understand these dudes are selling out in Cambodia and Pakistan. So technically they are relevant.

yeah they have to go overseas to sellout a venue though, meaning are they still relevant in the states ??...i mean who really keeps up with the wu besides us hiphop heads

20 years from now when oh ledoit come on the radio people who did listen to waka will say ahhhh +@@$ this was my jam....just like now with the wu when their stuff come on the radio, people reaction is the same

yeah they have to go overseas to sellout a venue though, meaning are they still relevant in the states ??...i mean who really keeps up with the wu besides us hiphop heads

20 years from now when oh ledoit come on the radio people who did listen to waka will say ahhhh +@@$ this was my jam....just like now with the wu when their stuff come on the radio, people reaction is the same
That's what you guys don't understand...White hipster types, who aren't even into Hip-Hop love Wu...There is a reason these dudes are constantly playing at rock festivals like Lollapalooza,  and !+*@, they don't fit into today's version of the Hip-Hop market. Time magazine wouldn't call OB4CLII a top 10 album of the year if only Hip-Hop heads listened to it.  While more non-Hip-Hop heads might hear SB, Gucci or whatever in the club more often obviously, when asked for personal preference, they will go with Wu.  People are generally sheep and will digest anything that is force fed to them.

Master Zik wrote:

I think you kind of missed what I was saying...

But who in the south was doin noteworthy !*+$ in the EARLY 80s??... 

As far as NYers tryin to sign to a major label... You gotta understand NYC is one of the entertainment capitals of the world (maybe 2nd to only Hollywood, but even thats debatable)... The music business is a MULTI-Billion dollar business, Def Jam was independent @ one point, Cold Chillen, etc all the way to Uptown Records, Bad Boy, Roc A Fella, Rawkus etc these are all small labels that garnered enuff attention and critical acclaim to be distributed by MAJOR labels... That might look small now, but back then thats a bigger deal then some Joe Shmo burned a bunch of CDs (or dubbed taped) and selling them @ the gas station around the corner (not to take anything away from cats that so)...

And the independent !*+$ is from the WEST coast ANYway, all the south did was recipricate a stategy that was taught to them...

I love how cats get all territorial about music... If someones is selling out shows overseas it's almost frowned upon if they aren't doin the equvelent to that in the US... Is hip hop NOT an art?? If I painted a picture and people from all walks of life, all over the globe appreaciated the portrait, would it hold less weight because its not Americans supporting??... Hip Hop Music had its roots in ANOTHER country ANYway... Some of you are just STUPID (not that its news or anything)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

tune205 wrote:

Master Zik wrote:

I think you kind of missed what I was saying...

But who in the south was doin noteworthy !*+$ in the EARLY 80s??... 

As far as NYers tryin to sign to a major label... You gotta understand NYC is one of the entertainment capitals of the world (maybe 2nd to only Hollywood, but even thats debatable)... The music business is a MULTI-Billion dollar business, Def Jam was independent @ one point, Cold Chillen, etc all the way to Uptown Records, Bad Boy, Roc A Fella, Rawkus etc these are all small labels that garnered enuff attention and critical acclaim to be distributed by MAJOR labels... That might look small now, but back then thats a bigger deal then some Joe Shmo burned a bunch of CDs (or dubbed taped) and selling them @ the gas station around the corner (not to take anything away from cats that so)...

And the independent !*+$ is from the WEST coast ANYway, all the south did was recipricate a stategy that was taught to them...

I love how cats get all territorial about music... If someones is selling out shows overseas it's almost frowned upon if they aren't doin the equvelent to that in the US... Is hip hop NOT an art?? If I painted a picture and people from all walks of life, all over the globe appreaciated the portrait, would it hold less weight because its not Americans supporting??... Hip Hop Music had its roots in ANOTHER country ANYway... Some of you are just STUPID (not that its news or anything)

yeah it holds weight because one YOU STARTED YOUR MUSIC OVER HERE and NOW you cant even sell out a venue in your OWN COUNTRY....im not saying going to other countries is bad, because its most definitely a damn good look and accomplishment.....BUT doing good in your own country out weighs being relevant overseas

Back
Top Bottom