Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

Oh yeah, shoutout to Waka Flocka Flames for biggin' up Meth.

Waka at least knows his place, and still showed respect to the Wu.

It's not like the Wu even dissed Waka in the first place.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ninjahood

being lyrical = being better at expressing yourself = better rapper
What if you dont have the charisma or mic presence to hold a  listeners attention? Aint that simple bruh.

There is so much that goes into being an MC, it is all subjective at the end of the day.  I'm just glad this thread didn't turn into personal attacks like it would have back into the old NT days.  I embrace my NYC haterism, I admit I have elitist tastes but both are needed.  I still do wish it was the early 90's in terms of hip-hip but it is what it is.  You can continue to listen to whatever you want, and I will continue my diverse taste.  My Itunes is filled with Hip-Hop from not only only across the country but across the world.  I have everything from MC Solar, Tinchy to Gucci. And for all the Southern heads, I love southern rap.  Soul Food is prolly one of my 5 favorites albums of all time.
  I'm out to get the bar but I always respect everyone's opinion cause no matter how much of a NYC dude I am, I realize in the grand scheme of things, NYC is just another place in the world.  I'm done in this thread but either way music is just music
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

this

I completely agree with Wu tang, hip hop is about lyrics. You make music to make a point, tell a story, it needs to have real meaning.

Waka shoudnt even have replied with that garbage, "Its just music" really?
Why do it then, why do music when there's no passion for it. What Method was talking about was passion for his hip hop and how all these fake rappers were bringing it down. He has every right as a hip hip artist and a fan of hip hop to be angry about how any lil wayne, waka, soulja boy can come around with basically no meaning to their music and exploit people for money.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

this
exactly.

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

I completely agree with Wu tang, hip hop is about lyrics. You make music to make a point, tell a story, it needs to have real meaning.

Why do it then, why do music when there's no passion for it. What Method was talking about was passion for his hip hop and how all these fake rappers were bringing it down. He has every right as a hip hip artist and a fan of hip hop to be angry about how any lil wayne, waka, soulja boy can come around with basically no meaning to their music and exploit people for money.

I'm sorry but Wayne's music does have meaning to it..don't know why you stuck him in the convo

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

I'm sorry but Wayne's music does have meaning to it..don't know why you stuck him in the convo
i was gonna say the same thing... u cant put wayne wit waka and them no matter how much u hate him... dude been in the game for a grip too...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

People keep saying this but thats not how Hip Hop started. i use to think this as well until old heads enlightened me. Hip Hop didnt start in the 90s where the types of hip hop NT loves started. Nas didnt create hip hop

Are yall going to say Planet Rock was lyrical?

Doug E Fresh was dropping knowledge tho?

Even when The Furius Five drop the Message it wasnt complex it was simple rhymes. 

So whats the argument? Hip Hop evolved from Afrika Bambata and Bootsy Collins to Nas and Gangstar? Its not about making party songs and moving the crowd anymore its about having complex lyrics? Ok but whos really hip hop then? the artist who sticks to the "essence" of hip hop who makes the crowd move or the artist that makes you listen for lyrics but cant make you dance? 

I like both sides but its Freakin Hysterical to hear these self proclaimed Hip Hop heads say whats real hip hop or whats not. Go ask a dude whos older than damn 40 whats real hip hop and stop quoting these dudes who were growing up in the 80s.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

i was gonna say the same thing... u cant put wayne wit waka and them no matter how much u hate him... dude been in the game for a grip too...

kids say the darnest things

Originally Posted by cartune

Air JustinXI wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

People keep saying this but thats not how Hip Hop started. i use to think this as well until old heads enlightened me. Hip Hop didnt start in the 90s where the types of hip hop NT loves started. Nas didnt create hip hop

Are yall going to say Planet Rock was lyrical?

Doug E Fresh was dropping knowledge tho?

Even when The Furius Five drop the Message it wasnt complex it was simple rhymes. 

So whats the argument? Hip Hop evolved from Afrika Bambata and Bootsy Collins to Nas and Gangstar? Its not about making party songs and moving the crowd anymore its about having complex lyrics? Ok but whos really hip hop then? the artist who sticks to the "essence" of hip hop who makes the crowd move or the artist that makes you listen for lyrics but cant make you dance? 

I like both sides but its Freakin Hysterical to hear these self proclaimed Hip Hop heads say whats real hip hop or whats not. Go ask a dude whos older than damn 40 whats real hip hop and stop quoting these dudes who were growing up in the 80s.

You cant tell me Lil Wayne has meaning to his music, dude is straight trash. Say what you want about what i said about hip hop. But in now way can you convince me that lil wayne has any real meaning to his music.

I'm not gonna even write an argument. You put Wayne and soulja boy in the same sentence, so you're obviously not listening to either of them.

You cant tell me Lil Wayne has meaning to his music, dude is straight trash. Say what you want about what i said about hip hop. But in now way can you convince me that lil wayne has any real meaning to his music.

Georgia Bush..Dr.Carter..u trippin homie

at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion. but the people that like the intellectual/lyrical rap (aka rap 'elitists'
eyes.gif
) are going to have the most things to say because they feel like the lyrical stuff is better. At the end of the day, there is no "rap scale" that determines who is better than who, or what region dominates another. Opinions.

Air JustinXI wrote:

>br.

Air JustinXI wrote:
But in now way can you convince me that lil wayne has any real meaning to his music.

dv.jpg

"ARE YOU SERIOUS??? IS HE SERIOUS???"

theres a new breed of pop rappers out there that can spit for a good 3 minutes before you realize they really havent said anything other than bragging and paraphrased psalms
laugh.gif

it's almost an art of not saying anything of content for so long
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion. but the people that like the intellectual/lyrical rap (aka rap 'elitists'
eyes.gif
) are going to have the most things to say because they feel like the lyrical stuff is better. At the end of the day, there is no "rap scale" that determines who is better than who, or what region dominates another. Opinions.

I feel u on the fact of who is better than who..I've never been like that...music is music..some is good some is bad point blank

good to see Meth Man up, cause he was wrong.

seein he got the info mixed up made sense, but when you wrong, you wrong. accept it and all is well.

but more props to Waka.

Back
Top Bottom