Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

Originally Posted by tune205

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

its sad that some of yall really think these down south trapp artist are better than some of the legends.

its like talking to a wall

i like wakka and gucci for they are , they are party fake drug dealing rappers.
Who said that? Or is that your only defense becuase you have no argument to present? Nobody saying Waka is better than Meth or any other dude in WU. He even admits he's not even trying to.

And what makes them legends because they old? They been in and out the game for 16 years? Is Wayne a legend? So if Gucci Mane goes MIA for 5 years and becomes irrelavant is he a legend too? He dropped more street albums than WU dropped albums collectively.

This is the second ridiculously outlandish thing you've said in this thread along with Waka having more money than Rae.

Wu-Tang was a world wide movement at a point.  They have at least one certified classic under their belts.  If that don't make you a legend, what does?

And I'm not saying music isn't to entertain.  But when does it go too far in the wrong direction?  A rap song could be entertaining without the words rhyming but ain't that part of what makes it rap in the first place?

I think what Deuce King is saying is that the ART of rap is dying when someone can say "I don't got no lyrics".  It's heading to a point where someone could say "I don't do that whole rhyming thing".

Oh yeah...and ya'll can keep making fun of them overseas shows if you want.  Just remember the euro is worth almost twice as much as the american dollar these days.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

its sad that some of yall really think these down south trapp artist are better than some of the legends.

Who said that? Or is that your only defense becuase you have no argument to present? Nobody saying Waka is better than Meth or any other dude in WU. He even admits he's not even trying to.

And what makes them legends because they old? They been in and out the game for 16 years? Is Wayne a legend? So if Gucci Mane goes MIA for 5 years and becomes irrelavant is he a legend too? He dropped more street albums than WU dropped albums collectively.

This is the second ridiculously outlandish thing you've said in this thread along with Waka having more money than Rae.

Wu-Tang was a world wide movement at a point.  They have at least one certified classic under their belts.  If that don't make you a legend, what does?

And I'm not saying music isn't to entertain.  But when does it go too far in the wrong direction?  A rap song could be entertaining without the words rhyming but ain't that part of what makes it rap in the first place?

I think what Deuce King is saying is that the ART of rap is dying when someone can say "I don't got no lyrics".  It's heading to a point where someone could say "I don't do that whole rhyming thing".
I completely missed that.  If you don't recognize the Wu collectively as legends, you need to stop listening to rap music and go do some homework.

Oh yeah...and ya'll can keep making fun of them overseas shows if you want.  Just remember the euro is worth almost twice as much as the american dollar these days.

I'm not making fun of overseas shows. I just think you guys have no idea what you're talking about when you're talking about "overseas shows" and what they're selling out because you dudes are not only over there but have no idea what they get per show over there. Especially when trying to compare it to what dudes get over here. You guys(not you specifically) are making Wu Tang out to be the Rolling Stones or U2 and that's what I disagree with.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by ninjahood

whoever thinks Raekwon don't got longer bread then Waka flocka just touring off 36 chamber C.R.E.A.M. strength is delusional...

Dude you just dont know Waka;s money is longer than Raekwon's. I dont even want to go into it
waka got more money than Rae? son ya parents is siblings or something?

do you know who his mom is?
she's the president of so icey right? if u think she got more money than rae then i was right you are a product of incest

Apparently she had money for a minute she bailed Gucci out the first time he went in and bought him out of some contract he had back before he blew up. She like a Griselda Blanco of this industry !%##.  shes well respected from Detroit to NY to Atl.

All Im saying is Rae lives in a middle class neighborhood in the ATL. Ms Deb got 2 mansions that i know of in the A. Dont know Rae situation maybe he got property overseas or something.
ohwell.gif

A chick who hid behind goons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

RiverXBear wrote:

RiverX stay sayin some bird brain *$!%.
laugh.gif

Who said who was better than what legend? Stop fabricating *$!%.

And
laugh.gif
at Gucci being fake, he probably got more cred than your favorite rapper.

Qft! Dude must don't know about waka and the hit squad, and gucci name was ringing outta zone 6 and Birmingham before his rap career...ain't nothing fake about these dudes and if you come down here you will know that...and no one said waka was better thN anyone in the wu

whoever thinks Raekwon don't got longer bread then Waka flocka just touring off 36 chamber C.R.E.A.M. strength is delusional...

Dude you just dont know Waka;s money is longer than Raekwon's. I dont even want to go into it

she's the president of so icey right? if u think she got more money than rae then i was right you are a product of incest

Apparently she had money for a minute she bailed Gucci out the first time he went in and bought him out of some contract he had back before he blew up. She like a Griselda Blanco of this industry !%##.  shes well respected from Detroit to NY to Atl.

All Im saying is Rae lives in a middle class neighborhood in the ATL. Ms Deb got 2 mansions that i know of in the A. Dont know Rae situation maybe he got property overseas or something.
ohwell.gif

Rae got property in Jersey I'm pretty sure.  As a group they have property all over, they did that Cribs episode of the Wu-Mansion in Cali...A lottttttt of money Wu made had nothing to do with music.  A lot of people though ODB was crazy when he talked about the FBI on him and @!!%, but they really did send someone in cause they did gunrunning for the Gambino Crime Family.  These dudes were actually pretty hood back in the day, which I think is one of their main reasons for the saltinessm they feel a lot of cats fake the thug image or whatever.

The Wu invested in a lot of @!!%, I'm pretty sure they own a good amount of Gold.

then why they suin each other for money?

and u talkin bout odb? didnt he die like 8 years ago?

look at dame dash... it dont take long to go broke

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ohwell.gif

Rae got property in Jersey I'm pretty sure.  As a group they have property all over, they did that Cribs episode of the Wu-Mansion in Cali...A lottttttt of money Wu made had nothing to do with music.  A lot of people though ODB was crazy when he talked about the FBI on him and @!!%, but they really did send someone in cause they did gunrunning for the Gambino Crime Family.  These dudes were actually pretty hood back in the day, which I think is one of their main reasons for the saltinessm they feel a lot of cats fake the thug image or whatever.

The Wu invested in a lot of @!!%, I'm pretty sure they own a good amount of Gold.
Never heard of that..
The Gambino Mob conducting Business with Blacks is new too...

Gotti hated Black people

Most, if not all ( and I m pretty sure on the latter) Italian Mafia Crime families did not @#+@ with blacks...

I've always heard Wu was associated wit the Gambinos. Aint nobody questioning their cred either.

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

You want to know which Wu-Tang members eat comfortably:

- GZA
- Rae
- RZA
- Meth
- Ghost

Those are the only 5 with real wealth.  Even in America, these dudes, especially GZA and Ghost do a lot of shows for white college/indie audiences.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

You want to know which Wu-Tang members eat comfortably:

- GZA
- Rae
- RZA
- Meth
- Ghost

Those are the only 5 with real wealth.  Even in America, these dudes, especially GZA and Ghost do a lot of shows for white college/indie audiences.

Are you a financial advisor for these artists? Are you an accountant for them? How do you know what any of these dudes got?

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Cappa is not a Wu member tho....but im pretty sure the only Wu members thats caked up are the main ones...im not speaking for  a Ugod, or maska killa, hell even deck prolly broke
Cappa ain't a Wu member? Since when? But I agree with what you're saying. I think Meth, RZA, Rae and Ghostface got healthy paper. But i'm mainly speaking to this notion that "Wu Tang" in general is caking off this "overseas money". Like its its that much more than what these cats get doing House of Blues or some %%$ in the US.
?

http://www.vladtv.com/embed/16823/?...ughty By Nature LIVE in Sydney Australia 2010http://www.vladtv.com/embed/16823/?...ughty By Nature LIVE in Sydney Australia 2010

and this is just Naughty by Nature with da classic Jam...IMAGINE wu-tang with they discography...pssh that wu empire got NO problem selling out shows overseas.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

He purposely comes out and says he don't do lyrics.  That's like saying "I don't score touchdowns" in football.  It's kinda the point of the game.  And a lot of traditionalist view that as disrespecting the craft.

With that said...I respect both Wu's comments and Waka's response. 

thank God u dont rap.. that football analogy is TERRIBLE... alot of football players dont score touchdowns... mainly because they play defense...

and again this is music... the ultimate point is to entertain... not to be lyrical

a.  How do you know I don't rap?

b.  Can you win a game not scoring touchdowns?  Or not scoring at all?

c.  I understand music is to entertain.  But if a rappers job isn't to have lyrics, what is his job?  How is a rapper entertaining without words?

a. i dont and coudl care less

b. a TEAM scores touchdowns... every player on the team doesnt...

c. of course they need lyrics TECHNICALLY... it has to have words... but as far as being lyrical that @+%* doesnt matter all the time...

So what does Waka "contribute to the team" if he doesn't do lyrics?

good music. charisma.

Originally Posted by debs 168

He purposely comes out and says he don't do lyrics.  That's like saying "I don't score touchdowns" in football.  It's kinda the point of the game.  And a lot of traditionalist view that as disrespecting the craft.

With that said...I respect both Wu's comments and Waka's response. 

thank God u dont rap.. that football analogy is TERRIBLE... alot of football players dont score touchdowns... mainly because they play defense...

and again this is music... the ultimate point is to entertain... not to be lyrical

a.  How do you know I don't rap?

b.  Can you win a game not scoring touchdowns?  Or not scoring at all?

c.  I understand music is to entertain.  But if a rappers job isn't to have lyrics, what is his job?  How is a rapper entertaining without words?

a. i dont and coudl care less

b. a TEAM scores touchdowns... every player on the team doesnt...

c. of course they need lyrics TECHNICALLY... it has to have words... but as far as being lyrical that @+%* doesnt matter all the time...

So what does Waka "contribute to the team" if he doesn't do lyrics?

good music. charisma.

Something I had to come to respect from dude. I was one of his biggest haters too.

we really gonna compare a group of nine ppl with two classics as a group and three classics (at least) from solo members to a guy that just got in the game last year???

of course wu draws crowds but lets not pretend like waka going from nothing to something in less than a year is not huge.

we really gonna compare a group of nine ppl with two classics as a group and three classics (at least) from solo members to a guy that just got in the game last year???

of course wu draws crowds but lets not pretend like waka going from nothing to something in less than a year is not huge.
that was NEVER da argument......this thread is Soulja boi 2.0.....we always proud when a dude comes up from nuffin, we just saying STEP YOUR RAP GAME UP.

and then you got TIME trying to discredit wu-tang just for da sake of defending waka flaka...c'mon son we know you happy for da kidd, but son is trash at rapping....he should just

be happy he even in da league.

lets not pretend like waka going from nothing to something in less than a year is not huge.

but it ISNT these days, hell go from something to nothing in just another year
roll.gif

that was NEVER da argument......this thread is Soulja boi 2.0.....we always proud when a dude comes up from nuffin, we just saying STEP YOUR RAP GAME UP.

and then you got TIME trying to discredit wu-tang just for da sake of defending waka flaka...c'mon son we know you happy for da kidd, but son is trash at rapping....he should just

where did i try to discredit them? i just said them %#%%%# some haters...

where did i try to discredit them? i just said them %#%%%# some haters...

to be a hater means you jealous and talking outta spite...you telling me WU members are kicking dirt on waka cuz they ENVY him?
laugh.gif

people are so quick to throw da hater word around when someone's being honest.

Back
Top Bottom