Mexican drug cartels don't play

I got most of my fam down there. And everyone has already been at least threatened once to pay up or risk being kidnapped and then they'll get a letter in the mail with pictures of them. Its crazy but i still go regardless. and im not gonna lie, i do have extended fam in the cartel on the most wanted list...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

All of this stems from the CIA black-ops %@+! that Bush Sr. and Regan orchestrated in the 80's to go into Colombia and Panama.

A lot of these Mexican cartels were/still are directly connected to the ones in Colombia.

There's tons of information out there on the facade that is the "war on drugs". The CIA allowed all of this to happen.

All of this stems from the CIA black-ops %@+! that Bush Sr. and Regan orchestrated in the 80's to go into Colombia and Panama.

A lot of these Mexican cartels were/still are directly connected to the ones in Colombia.

There's tons of information out there on the facade that is the "war on drugs". The CIA allowed all of this to happen.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Hold up hold up hold up hold up hold up, now I've heard of this and about the contra( I believe the fox news guy was involved) but I thought this was disbanded. Can someone inform me on the process the government takes to import drugs to our nation. Really, this is entrapment in its highest form. I'm wondering if a mid-level street narcotics distributer could go as far as trace the origin of his drugs to an dea, or cia agent could he get away with it. I guess I see why narcotics distributer are highly reputable these days.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Hold up hold up hold up hold up hold up, now I've heard of this and about the contra( I believe the fox news guy was involved) but I thought this was disbanded. Can someone inform me on the process the government takes to import drugs to our nation. Really, this is entrapment in its highest form. I'm wondering if a mid-level street narcotics distributer could go as far as trace the origin of his drugs to an dea, or cia agent could he get away with it. I guess I see why narcotics distributer are highly reputable these days.

some more cartel drug bust pics

rhtz7d.jpg

zn5wr7.jpg

eippnp.jpg

qpml1v.jpg

dy8y6o.jpg

w9hd95.jpg

2s6rhn9.jpg

ndvdrr.jpg

30jiao3.jpg

neucjm.jpg

29xghzp.jpg

2e4hs1h.jpg

10i5tds.jpg

[h1]Mexico arrests 'La Barbie,' accused drug lord wanted by U.S.[/h1]
By Tim Johnson, McClatchy NewspapersMon Aug 30, 10:03 pm ET

MEXICO CITY — Mexican police Monday captured a Texas -born accused drug kingpin wanted by the United States and known for his unusual nickname — La Barbie.

Edgar Valdez-Villarreal , 37, was captured in the state of Mexico adjacent to the capital, the Foro and Milenio television networks reported.

More than 28,000 people have died since President Felipe Calderon came to office in late 2006 and deployed the armed forces to battle drug cartels. Supporters of Valdez-Villarreal are thought to have beheaded dozens of people in recent months.

Calderon confirmed the arrest on Twitter: "Federal police trapped 'La Barbie,' one of the most wanted criminals in Mexico and abroad. Operations are continuing against the group."

Calderon didn't say where the arrest took place.

The Justice Department maintained a $2 million bounty on Valdez-Villarreal, who earned his nickname because a high school football coach in Laredo, Texas , thought his blue eyes and light hair made him look like Ken, the companion to the Barbie doll.

A federal indictment unsealed in Atlanta in June charged that Valdez-Villarreal, a U.S. citizen, imported tons of cocaine by tractor-trailer across the border at Laredo, Texas , and into the eastern U.S. between 2004 and 2006.

Authorities released a photo of Valdez-Villarreal during his capture. In it, he sported a light beard and tightly cropped hair, and he wore a green polo shirt.

"This is an extraordinary achievement," Felipe Gonzalez , the head of Mexico's Senate commission on public security, told Foro TV. "There was an air around this guy that he was untouchable, that he would never be caught."

The arrest of Valdez-Villarreal came barely a month after law enforcement agents in Guadalajara shot and killed Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel, a major leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, perhaps the most powerful in Mexico .

Valdez-Villarreal belonged to the Sinaloa Cartel before one of its chiefs, Arturo Beltran-Leyva , broke away two years ago and established his own drug organization. Beltran-Leyva was killed in a shootout with Mexican marines in December, and Valdez-Villareal sought to take over the group.

Over the weekend, further evidence emerged of the brutal struggle between La Barbie's gang and followers of Hector Beltran-Leyva , the brother of the slain drug chieftain, for control of the criminal organization.

Henchmen strung up the decapitated bodies of four men from a bridge Sunday in Cuernavaca , a weekend getaway near Mexico City . Hector Beltran-Leyva's faction left a sign left with the bodies.

"This is what will happen to all those who support the traitor Edgar Valdez - Villarreal," the sign said.

ON THE WEB

[h1]Mexico arrests 'La Barbie,' accused drug lord wanted by U.S.[/h1]
By Tim Johnson, McClatchy NewspapersMon Aug 30, 10:03 pm ET

MEXICO CITY — Mexican police Monday captured a Texas -born accused drug kingpin wanted by the United States and known for his unusual nickname — La Barbie.

Edgar Valdez-Villarreal , 37, was captured in the state of Mexico adjacent to the capital, the Foro and Milenio television networks reported.

More than 28,000 people have died since President Felipe Calderon came to office in late 2006 and deployed the armed forces to battle drug cartels. Supporters of Valdez-Villarreal are thought to have beheaded dozens of people in recent months.

Calderon confirmed the arrest on Twitter: "Federal police trapped 'La Barbie,' one of the most wanted criminals in Mexico and abroad. Operations are continuing against the group."

Calderon didn't say where the arrest took place.

The Justice Department maintained a $2 million bounty on Valdez-Villarreal, who earned his nickname because a high school football coach in Laredo, Texas , thought his blue eyes and light hair made him look like Ken, the companion to the Barbie doll.

A federal indictment unsealed in Atlanta in June charged that Valdez-Villarreal, a U.S. citizen, imported tons of cocaine by tractor-trailer across the border at Laredo, Texas , and into the eastern U.S. between 2004 and 2006.

Authorities released a photo of Valdez-Villarreal during his capture. In it, he sported a light beard and tightly cropped hair, and he wore a green polo shirt.

"This is an extraordinary achievement," Felipe Gonzalez , the head of Mexico's Senate commission on public security, told Foro TV. "There was an air around this guy that he was untouchable, that he would never be caught."

The arrest of Valdez-Villarreal came barely a month after law enforcement agents in Guadalajara shot and killed Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel, a major leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, perhaps the most powerful in Mexico .

Valdez-Villarreal belonged to the Sinaloa Cartel before one of its chiefs, Arturo Beltran-Leyva , broke away two years ago and established his own drug organization. Beltran-Leyva was killed in a shootout with Mexican marines in December, and Valdez-Villareal sought to take over the group.

Over the weekend, further evidence emerged of the brutal struggle between La Barbie's gang and followers of Hector Beltran-Leyva , the brother of the slain drug chieftain, for control of the criminal organization.

Henchmen strung up the decapitated bodies of four men from a bridge Sunday in Cuernavaca , a weekend getaway near Mexico City . Hector Beltran-Leyva's faction left a sign left with the bodies.

"This is what will happen to all those who support the traitor Edgar Valdez - Villarreal," the sign said.

ON THE WEB

this is an update on that story posted from CNN a couple of pages back
[h1]Mexico's Drug War: Massacre Comes as Cartels Up the Ante[/h1]
By TIM PADGETT WITH DOLLY MASCAREÑAS / MEXICO CITY1 hr 3 mins ago

The Ecuadorean government couldn't get its citizen out of Mexico fast enough. The young man had been making his way to the U.S. last week when he and 72 fellow Latin American migrants, he told authorities, were abducted by one of Mexico's most vicious drug cartels, the Zetas, in the northeastern border state of Tamaulipas. When the migrants refused to pay ransom, the narcos shot each of them in the head at a remote ranch house, leaving their corpses in heaps inside a grain barn. Only the Ecuadorean, who was shot in the neck but played dead, survived. He was put under Mexican military protection.

But Ecuadorean officials whisked him back home early Monday morning - and who can blame them? A day after last week's Tamaulipas massacre, believed to be the worst drug-related crime ever in Mexico, a state investigator probing the atrocity, Roberto Su

this is an update on that story posted from CNN a couple of pages back
[h1]Mexico's Drug War: Massacre Comes as Cartels Up the Ante[/h1]
By TIM PADGETT WITH DOLLY MASCAREÑAS / MEXICO CITY1 hr 3 mins ago

The Ecuadorean government couldn't get its citizen out of Mexico fast enough. The young man had been making his way to the U.S. last week when he and 72 fellow Latin American migrants, he told authorities, were abducted by one of Mexico's most vicious drug cartels, the Zetas, in the northeastern border state of Tamaulipas. When the migrants refused to pay ransom, the narcos shot each of them in the head at a remote ranch house, leaving their corpses in heaps inside a grain barn. Only the Ecuadorean, who was shot in the neck but played dead, survived. He was put under Mexican military protection.

But Ecuadorean officials whisked him back home early Monday morning - and who can blame them? A day after last week's Tamaulipas massacre, believed to be the worst drug-related crime ever in Mexico, a state investigator probing the atrocity, Roberto Su

I wonder where all that money goes after the bust. It probably will be used to "buy" more drugs for the investigation to make these kind of busts.

I wonder where all that money goes after the bust. It probably will be used to "buy" more drugs for the investigation to make these kind of busts.

i am not surprised. a yr or two ago they gave the same treatment to like 7 cops, head missing and all. they do NOT %%%! around down there. 28k is a staggering number tho, i had no idea it was that many in 4 yrs. that is insane. this is gonna rival the iraq war in a few yrs
smh.gif
i dont think mexico got that many troops tho. U.S may need to help down the road, real talk.

i am not surprised. a yr or two ago they gave the same treatment to like 7 cops, head missing and all. they do NOT %%%! around down there. 28k is a staggering number tho, i had no idea it was that many in 4 yrs. that is insane. this is gonna rival the iraq war in a few yrs
smh.gif
i dont think mexico got that many troops tho. U.S may need to help down the road, real talk.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

smh.gif
I might be reaching on this one, but I don't want to even mess with drug cartels considering we're within driving distance.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

smh.gif
I might be reaching on this one, but I don't want to even mess with drug cartels considering we're within driving distance.

Dunno if you guys heard about the tourists who were kidnapped in Acapulco last month..... afraid this might be them.
frown.gif

[h1]18 bodies found in Mexico mass grave near Acapulco[/h1]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_drug_war_mexico

ACAPULCO, Mexico – Police recovered 18 bodies Wednesday in a mass grave identified in a narco-video as the burial site for 20 men who were kidnapped a month ago in the Pacific coast city of Acapulco.

Fernando Monreal, investigative police chief for Guerrero state, had reported earlier that 19 bodies were removed, but he said Wednesday night that investigators miscounted the badly decomposed bodies.

Police did not yet know if the bodies found in the grave in Tres Palos, a town just south of Acapulco, were those of the men abducted Sept. 30 while visiting the resort city from neighboring Michoacan state, Monreal said.

Police began digging at the site after a video appeared on Youtube in which two men — their hands apparently tied behind their backs and answering questions from an unseen interrogator — say they killed "the Michoacanos" and buried them in the area.

Two bodies wearing the same clothes as the pair seen in the video were found on top of the grave, along with a sign reading: "The people they killed are buried here."

Police had not confirmed the identities of the bodies dumped on top of the grave.

In the video, the two men say they killed the "Michoacanos" in an act of revenge against La Familia, a drug cartel based in Michoacan.

The families of the 20 missing men have publicly said they were mechanics in the state capital of Morelia who saved up money to take a vacation together.

Guerrero state investigators say they corroborated the men worked as mechanics and had no criminal records. Investigators also say they could find no evidence linking the men to any gang and have speculated the group may have been targeted by mistake.

The kidnapping was one of the biggest blows yet to Acapulco, which has seen an increase in drug-gang shootouts, beheadings and kidnappings. Even Acapulco Mayor Jose Luis Avila Sanchez recently urged residents to stay indoors after nightfall, an extraordinary pronouncement in a city that depends on nightclubs, bars and restaurants.

If the video's claim is confirmed, it would be a chilling example of a growing trend that has added a new dimension of terror to Mexico's bloody drug war: cartels releasing footage of kidnapped people admitting at gunpoint to crimes from extortion to murder. It is often impossible to determine the veracity of confessions given under duress.

In the boldest case, a video emerged less than two weeks ago showing the kidnapped brother of Patricia Gonzalez, the former attorney general of northern Chihuahua state. In the video, the brother, Mario Gonzalez, says his sister protected a street gang tied to the Juarez cartel and was behind several murders.

Gonzalez, who had been kidnapped days earlier, made the statement while sitting handcuffed in a chair surrounded by five masked men pointing guns at him. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Patricia Gonzalez denied any links to drug traffickers and said she is sure her brother spoke out of fear.

Dunno if you guys heard about the tourists who were kidnapped in Acapulco last month..... afraid this might be them.
frown.gif

[h1]18 bodies found in Mexico mass grave near Acapulco[/h1]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_drug_war_mexico

ACAPULCO, Mexico – Police recovered 18 bodies Wednesday in a mass grave identified in a narco-video as the burial site for 20 men who were kidnapped a month ago in the Pacific coast city of Acapulco.

Fernando Monreal, investigative police chief for Guerrero state, had reported earlier that 19 bodies were removed, but he said Wednesday night that investigators miscounted the badly decomposed bodies.

Police did not yet know if the bodies found in the grave in Tres Palos, a town just south of Acapulco, were those of the men abducted Sept. 30 while visiting the resort city from neighboring Michoacan state, Monreal said.

Police began digging at the site after a video appeared on Youtube in which two men — their hands apparently tied behind their backs and answering questions from an unseen interrogator — say they killed "the Michoacanos" and buried them in the area.

Two bodies wearing the same clothes as the pair seen in the video were found on top of the grave, along with a sign reading: "The people they killed are buried here."

Police had not confirmed the identities of the bodies dumped on top of the grave.

In the video, the two men say they killed the "Michoacanos" in an act of revenge against La Familia, a drug cartel based in Michoacan.

The families of the 20 missing men have publicly said they were mechanics in the state capital of Morelia who saved up money to take a vacation together.

Guerrero state investigators say they corroborated the men worked as mechanics and had no criminal records. Investigators also say they could find no evidence linking the men to any gang and have speculated the group may have been targeted by mistake.

The kidnapping was one of the biggest blows yet to Acapulco, which has seen an increase in drug-gang shootouts, beheadings and kidnappings. Even Acapulco Mayor Jose Luis Avila Sanchez recently urged residents to stay indoors after nightfall, an extraordinary pronouncement in a city that depends on nightclubs, bars and restaurants.

If the video's claim is confirmed, it would be a chilling example of a growing trend that has added a new dimension of terror to Mexico's bloody drug war: cartels releasing footage of kidnapped people admitting at gunpoint to crimes from extortion to murder. It is often impossible to determine the veracity of confessions given under duress.

In the boldest case, a video emerged less than two weeks ago showing the kidnapped brother of Patricia Gonzalez, the former attorney general of northern Chihuahua state. In the video, the brother, Mario Gonzalez, says his sister protected a street gang tied to the Juarez cartel and was behind several murders.

Gonzalez, who had been kidnapped days earlier, made the statement while sitting handcuffed in a chair surrounded by five masked men pointing guns at him. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Patricia Gonzalez denied any links to drug traffickers and said she is sure her brother spoke out of fear.

Back
Top Bottom