Mexican drug cartels don't play

damn...this *+%* is crazy interesting to me now

does anybody know anything about Valentin Elizalde??? i heard about is death a while back, but never knew much about it...also didn't know he made narcocorridos...but from what i heard, he was praising the leader of the Juarez Cartel, but he was killed by the Zetas...i thought they were allies

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

On October 26, 2008, the Washington Times reported of an
FBI  warning that Los Zetas' cell
in Texas were to engage law enforcement with a full tactical response should
law enforcement attempt to intervene in their operations; their cell leader was
identified as Jaime González Durán (The Hummer), who was later arrested on
November 7, 2008, in the border city Reynosa, Tamaulipas. In this operation,
three safehouses in Reynosa were raided by elements of the Mexican Federal
Police and Mexican Army, yielding the largest weapon seizure in the history of
Mexico; it included 540 rifles including 288 assault rifles and several
.50-caliber rifles, 287 hand grenades, 2 M72 LAW anti-tank weapons, 500,000
rounds of ammunition, 67 ballistic vests and 14 sticks of dynamite.

6e1263955d2029aa736ba0cb38d46c533640d2f7_r.gif

Jesus ..

On October 26, 2008, the Washington Times reported of an
FBI  warning that Los Zetas' cell
in Texas were to engage law enforcement with a full tactical response should
law enforcement attempt to intervene in their operations; their cell leader was
identified as Jaime González Durán (The Hummer), who was later arrested on
November 7, 2008, in the border city Reynosa, Tamaulipas. In this operation,
three safehouses in Reynosa were raided by elements of the Mexican Federal
Police and Mexican Army, yielding the largest weapon seizure in the history of
Mexico; it included 540 rifles including 288 assault rifles and several
.50-caliber rifles, 287 hand grenades, 2 M72 LAW anti-tank weapons, 500,000
rounds of ammunition, 67 ballistic vests and 14 sticks of dynamite.

6e1263955d2029aa736ba0cb38d46c533640d2f7_r.gif

Jesus ..

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Its been noted how far cartels will go to get their point across. At least President Calderon isn't going to give in to the cartels like Vincente Fox and other presidents did before him.

I consider you to be one of the intelligent NT'ers. I figured you may be interested in this piece of information since it seems to be right up your alley as far as interests go. Check this out...Google "School of the Americas"...sounds quite innocuous on the surface but once you read about it you will understand how groups like Los Zetas have such expansive arsenals AND the skills to use them. In other words for the most part, they (groups like Los Zetas) aren't just your run of the mill goons.

Do you work in Intelligence?

And how did Vincente Fox give in to the cartels before hand (He spoke at Emory's graduation in 2009).

nerd.gif

Its been noted how far cartels will go to get their point across. At least President Calderon isn't going to give in to the cartels like Vincente Fox and other presidents did before him.

I consider you to be one of the intelligent NT'ers. I figured you may be interested in this piece of information since it seems to be right up your alley as far as interests go. Check this out...Google "School of the Americas"...sounds quite innocuous on the surface but once you read about it you will understand how groups like Los Zetas have such expansive arsenals AND the skills to use them. In other words for the most part, they (groups like Los Zetas) aren't just your run of the mill goons.

And how did Vincente Fox give in to the cartels before hand (He spoke at Emory's graduation in 2009).

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

nerd.gif
Well not in the way you see in movies. I am not going to lie and sit here and act like I'm Secret Agent Man, but I know a few things.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

nerd.gif
Well not in the way you see in movies. I am not going to lie and sit here and act like I'm Secret Agent Man, but I know a few things.

[h1]72 bodies found in Mexico were immigrants, officials say[/h1]
By the CNN Wire

August 25, 2010 5:37 p.m. EDT

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: The victims were illegal immigrants heading toward the United States, officials say
  • Three suspects and a member of the Mexican military were killed in a shootout
  • The bodies of 58 men and 14 women were found in a building on the ranch
  • A man with a gunshot wound led navy personnel to the bodies

(CNN)-- Seventy-two bodies discovered at a ranch in northeast Mexicobelonged to migrants who were making their way toward the UnitedStates, Mexican officials said Wednesday.

The preliminaryinvestigation indicates the victims were illegal immigrants fromHonduras, El Salvador, Brazil and Ecuador, said Alejandro Poire,spokesman for national security strategy.

The motive for thekillings was under investigation, though officials pointed out thatMexico's drug cartels have expanded their activities to includeextortion and kidnapping of immigrants.

"Mexican institutionshave hit the operational structures of these criminals and theirincome, and because of that, they turn to extortion and kidnapping ofmigrants, as well as recruiting them to force them to become part oftheir group of hit men," Poire said.

bttn_close.gif

stacks.mexico.shooting.jpg

Bodies found in Mexico

RELATED TOPICS

The bodies of the 58 men and 14 womenwere found above ground in a structure on the ranch, which is about 14miles (22 kilometers) from the town of San Fernando, near the borderwith Texas. The Mexican navy, which was called in to investigate thecase, said it is one of the largest discoveries of bodies in Mexico's4-year-old war on organized crime.

Members of the Mexican navywere tipped off to the site after a man with a gunshot wound approacheda military roadblock. The man said he had been injured by a criminalgang, according to a statement released by the navy.

Mexico's attorney general's office identified the man as an Ecuadorean immigrant with a bullet wound to the neck.

"Thenavy went to the area where the man came from and encounteredgunfights. A naval officer was killed and three of the delinquents werekilled," said an officer who answered the telephone at the navy'scommunication department. The officer, who was not authorized to speakon the record, declined to give his name.

After the gunbattle,authorities said, they found a stash of weapons, including 21 rifles,camouflage uniforms, bulletproof vests and four trucks. One of thevehicles had been disguised to look like a truck from the Ministry ofNational Defense, officials said.

"This discovery once againdemonstrates the extreme danger and violence that Central Americansface on their treacherous journey north, as well as Mexicanauthorities' abject failure to protect them," Amnesty Internationalsaid. "Mexico must immediately investigate this massacre, bring theperpetrators to justice and establish the identities of those killed sothat their families can be informed."

Wednesday's gruesomediscovery came about a month after authorities in the neighboring stateof Nuevo Leon discovered 51 bodies in nine mass graves.

In thatinstance, investigators found charred remains, incinerated bonefragments and stains of fire on the ground where bodies were presumablyburned in steel drums, the state-run Notimex news agency said.

The bodies were mostly males between age 20 and 50, Notimex said. Many of them had tattoos.

Similarmass graves have been discovered in the Mexican states of Guerrero andQuintana Roo since late May. Authorities have linked them to Mexico'songoing drug war.

Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas, which border Texas,have seen a marked increase in drug violence this year due to anintensifying rivalry between the Gulf cartel and the Zetas gang, whichwas formerly the cartel's armed branch.

Last week, authoritiesfound the bound and blindfolded body of Edelmiro Cavazos Leal, themayor of a city in Nuevo Leon. He had been abducted two days earlier.

His body was found on the outskirts of the city of Santiago, where Cavazos was mayor. There were signs of torture.

Newsreports indicate that officials believe the Zetas ordered Cavazoskilled. Five police officers and a transit worker were arrested lastweek in connection with the slaying.

More than 28,000 peoplehave died in drug-related incidents since President Felipe Calderonintensified the government's fight against drug cartels and organizedcrime after taking office in December 2006.

About 90 percent of the fatalities have been among cartel members and other criminals, Calderon has said.

[h1]72 bodies found in Mexico were immigrants, officials say[/h1]
By the CNN Wire

August 25, 2010 5:37 p.m. EDT

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: The victims were illegal immigrants heading toward the United States, officials say
  • Three suspects and a member of the Mexican military were killed in a shootout
  • The bodies of 58 men and 14 women were found in a building on the ranch
  • A man with a gunshot wound led navy personnel to the bodies

(CNN)-- Seventy-two bodies discovered at a ranch in northeast Mexicobelonged to migrants who were making their way toward the UnitedStates, Mexican officials said Wednesday.

The preliminaryinvestigation indicates the victims were illegal immigrants fromHonduras, El Salvador, Brazil and Ecuador, said Alejandro Poire,spokesman for national security strategy.

The motive for thekillings was under investigation, though officials pointed out thatMexico's drug cartels have expanded their activities to includeextortion and kidnapping of immigrants.

"Mexican institutionshave hit the operational structures of these criminals and theirincome, and because of that, they turn to extortion and kidnapping ofmigrants, as well as recruiting them to force them to become part oftheir group of hit men," Poire said.

bttn_close.gif

Bodies found in Mexico