Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

*fixes pocket protector*

*adjusts suspenders*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Microsoft caking off this.

Originally Posted by Raposo927

I'm glad, most of my friends had it and always told me I was dumb for havin a ps3, looks like I get the last laugh

Yeah, you can stick it to 'em by enjoying your version of MW2 with duller colors and inferior frame rate:

And from what I hear the PS3 MW2 multiplayer experience seems to run smooooooth.

Someone needs to find out how they're figuring out who got modded boxes so some of us can survive the wave.

can wait to see my friends faces. They be thinking they the $#$@ with their pirated games and modded xbox

Let's assume, half the the million people shut-out go and buy legal 360s.

They go for 2 bills a system now right? 100MM in revenue pre-tax just right there. Microsoft MBAs must be putting in overtime this quarter lol.

sidenote, i still cannot for the life of my figure out how to make backups for my modded xbox...

Originally Posted by Goldman Stacks

They go for 2 bills a system now right? 100MM in revenue pre-tax just right there. Microsoft MBAs must be putting in overtime this quarter lol.
uh no

profit margin for consoles are slim to none

Originally Posted by the north west

uh no

When they first released MS was actually losing money per console sold, but I don't know the situation now. They are probably breaking evenor making a little bit off each console.

correct me If i'm wrong but i do believe that Harlem to the bronx posted the figures 2,3 pages back

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

According to a study by BusinessWeek, Microsoft is losing about $125 per every HDD-equipped Xbox 360. Back in 2001, Microsoft also lost an estimated $125 per Xbox console.
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7053.cfm

According to Business Week calculations, Microsoft could be losing up to $126 per Xbox 360 unit sold, considering component discounts. An up-close look found that the system selling for $399 was valued at $525 before assembly, including accessories. No word on how much the core system is valued at.
http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/23/microsoft-losing-126-on-every-sold-xbox-360/

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/v/ijoNICvXqXw&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/ijoNICvXqXw&hl=en_US&fs=1&

roll.gif

maaann... all you gotta do is buy one from wal mart and take the banned one back to wal mart in the box you just bought the new one in... problem solved...

Originally Posted by StuntHard

maaann... all you gotta do is buy one from wal mart and take the banned one back to wal mart in the box you just bought the new one in... problem solved...

but you're banking they won't check to see if the serial number matches the xbox you have. Also hoping the serial number isn't printed on thereceipt.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by the north west

uh no

When they first released MS was actually losing money per console sold, but I don't know the situation now. They are probably breaking even or making a little bit off each console.
North West, nice try buddy. Too bad I did not mention the word "profit" in my post.
eyes.gif

Revenue and Profit margin are not interchangeable. You don't need to graduate from Wharton or work for McKinsey to see that.

BGL, To address your concerns: Microsoft has broken even on the 360, and yes the profit margin is slim. But neitherof those issues were addressed in my post. All of the links posted by Harlem to the Bronx are old, as in 2005 old. Everyone familiar with the gaming industryknows that videogame consoles take years before a significant return on the initial investment is realized. It's been a while, 360 is in the black.

Good Day All.

Back
Top Bottom