** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Why is the Easton logo in Matt Kemp's cleats placed lower and more towards the toe than in other Mojo models?

What's the deal? You guys just trying to keep the logo from being covered up by Kemp's pants, or is there some other reason?

Yes, it is to keep the logo from being covered up because he wears his pants so low. I think I'm going to move it back, because it wasn't really that bad to begin with and it just looks ridiculous when he's running, the logo is out of place. Just a few milimeters from the original positioning should suffice.

Interestingly enough, Kemp wore his pants high tonight... and also wore stirrups!

I'm looking forward to seeing what's done about that Easton logo placement, especially if Kempy sticks with this look...

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Why is the Easton logo in Matt Kemp's cleats placed lower and more towards the toe than in other Mojo models?

What's the deal? You guys just trying to keep the logo from being covered up by Kemp's pants, or is there some other reason?

Yes, it is to keep the logo from being covered up because he wears his pants so low. I think I'm going to move it back, because it wasn't really that bad to begin with and it just looks ridiculous when he's running, the logo is out of place. Just a few milimeters from the original positioning should suffice.

Interestingly enough, Kemp wore his pants high tonight... and also wore stirrups!

I'm looking forward to seeing what's done about that Easton logo placement, especially if Kempy sticks with this look...

Logo will be going back to its normal location

Vasquez wearing Verderos
capt.f8ca4ab46b9f4a7aac53ee4ad24d5c61.yankees_white_sox_baseball_cxs103.jpg

Originally Posted by kweimer1

That's what I figured... thanks for the inside info in regards to that. However, here's something else that I'm sure the masses wouldappreciate an explanation for...

Jose Reyes is wearing Easton Foundation PE's! First the batting gloves, now the cleats... Care to comment?

That's what I figured... thanks for the inside info in regards to that. However, here's something else that I'm sure the masses would appreciate an explanation for...

Jose Reyes is wearing Easton Foundation PE's! First the batting gloves, now the cleats... Care to comment?

Great observation! I'm sure many if he's an Easton guy now, people will freak out. I can hear it now "he won't have hot colorway2k4's anymore.
frown.gif
"
laugh.gif
Well, IF he is an Easton guy now, props to Easton. You guys have a lot ofgreat young players mixed with some well established veterans. I can't wait to hear what Formerly Scarface81 or Kweimer1 has to say about this...

Definitely borrowed a pair from Lopez...like Scarface mentioned he has been interested in coming over for a while now as he has had some issues with hiscurrent supplier...nothing official will happen for the time being and you should not be surprised if this is/was a one time thing.

Does Easton also supply fielding gloves for Castillo?

Also, not sure if my eyes deceived me...but I think Reyes started the game with different cleats and changed into the eastons.

Originally Posted by justforshoes

Does Easton also supply fielding gloves for Castillo?

Also, not sure if my eyes deceived me...but I think Reyes started the game with different cleats and changed into the eastons.
We do supply Castillo with his fielding gloves as well...he has worn them for years...not sure what is going on with the TPX thing lately and weare checking into it

kweimer1- not sure if you have any insight on this, but just asking in case you do... are many MLB players under binding contracts or any contract at all? itseems MLB players tend to wear whatever they want, even if they might be under some kind of agreement with a supplier.

^ Nice... I think they could use a little green in them somewhere, but I like the yellow.

In other A's footwear news, Frank Thomas is back in Oakland...

...so his Shox Ups sneaker-cleats are unfortunately back in Oakland as well.

Those just never looked right. Never looked good on the court and it especially doesn't belong out on the field.

Definitely borrowed a pair from Lopez...like Scarface mentioned he has been interested in coming over for a while now as he has had some issues with his current supplier...nothing official will happen for the time being and you should not be surprised if this is/was a one time thing.

Awesome stuff, thats why this thread is so great...having Reyes would be a great land for Easton. Him and Hanley would make for some sick advertisingcampaigns. I wonder what Reyes traded to Lopez for the cleats. Think he gave him a pair of his 2K4s?

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Definitely borrowed a pair from Lopez...like Scarface mentioned he has been interested in coming over for a while now as he has had some issues with his current supplier...nothing official will happen for the time being and you should not be surprised if this is/was a one time thing.

Awesome stuff, thats why this thread is so great...having Reyes would be a great land for Easton. Him and Hanley would make for some sick advertising campaigns. I wonder what Reyes traded to Lopez for the cleats. Think he gave him a pair of his 2K4s?
Wasnt a trade...just saw them before the game and asked him for one of his extra pairs.

Seems like Reyes wants Easton. He's going out of his way to wear your gear Kweimer and scarface. I could understand if was a free agent and doing what kobedid a while ago when he was wearing various brands. However Reyes is sporting both Easton gloves and cleats. Reyes will be a big acquisition for you guys.He's in a big market team, well known in the baseball world, hes hit the mainstream with the cover of a video game, and the obvious he is young, talented,and exciting. Also it will be a loss for nike and a one up for you guys.

This is going to be tracked every game by this board. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Awesome stuff, thats why this thread is so great...having Reyes would be a great land for Easton. Him and Hanley would make for some sick advertising campaigns. I wonder what Reyes traded to Lopez for the cleats. Think he gave him a pair of his 2K4s?
Wasnt a trade...just saw them before the game and asked him for one of his extra pairs.

I was half kidding...I only said that cause baseball players are always trading stuff with each other.

^ Nice... I think they could use a little green in them somewhere, but I like the yellow.

I have no problem with those. The all black ones were really bad looking and total bushleague. Those look decent

These wouldn't look right on anyone BUT Frank Thomas. I'm not a fan of them at all but they fit him. Good pickup for Oakland.

I know you guys hate when I do this.

But here is Matt Holliday with some nice 5 tools but more importantly the new nike sphere batting gloves. :pimp:

a2082be8c44e7d9ae4a99ebf1bbefd95-getty-80324462dp019_chicago_cubs_.jpg

hey whats up. you Easton guys should get Reyes locked in. he's one of if not the most exciting players to watch with all that speed and stuff. Itprobably would not take much to reel him in. the guy is practically asking you guys for a deal. you guys should make it happen soon because just likeswingmanike, said about Kobe with his usingdifferent brand equipment. Reyes may move on and look for another brand if you don't show interest...

Back
Top Bottom