** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

the print on the leather is sick...its hard to get used to seeing a pink baseball cleat but its for a good cause. Overall, I like it

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Yes, we will haev the players sign them and then auction them off for charity
That will be sweet.
Do they have PE touches on them, like players numbers on the back or something, or are they all the same?

Damn I want some in that model but I don't know about pink. Nice anyways. You guys at easton are doing a great thing. Aside from easton and louisville Idon't think any other company really is doing anything.

Nice Mother's Day treatment on those cleats and batting gloves... I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

On an unrelated note, here's a few things I picked up on today in regards to Kaz Matsui...

1) Check those gloves! They're basically the normal Sphere batting gloves with what looks like a soccer goalie palm (I'm assuming for base-runningprotection)
2) Those cleats are actually a low-cut Japanese version of the 5-Tool. He's been wearing them all season, but I didn't connect the dots until today...

The above model is slightly different (the midsole/outsole of Matsui's cleats are from the Japanese Vapor cleats from a few years back, and Matsui's PEcolors are obviously different), but I really actually like how the 5-Tool upper looks in a low version.

Those gloves are blowing my mind.. I'm really into shoes that have alternate soles from the original, and these to me seem to fall into the same category.Wow! Those are cool.

Maybe they're just pads that the equip mgr sewed into the gloves?
I can't imagine that Nike would produce a completely different product for Kaz Matsui that isn't made for anyone else.
After all, it's not like Kaz Matsui is one of their premier endorsers or anything.

I managed to get a pair of Bond's Fila's from a couple of yrs ago...
I don't believe that Fila makes any more Baseball stuff
Before Bonds I know that Jeter, Sosa, and probably some other person wore Fila's
But all a distant memory now...
Love or hate him Bond's Cleats...

Interesting Verdero Bat
Yeah the look has to go. The cleats and bg's should have been red.
I got a chance to swing a Verdero bat yesterday for the first time. Im a big fan. I loved the way it felt and how the ball came off the bat. I definitely recommend them.

I agree with you, so far the Verdero's I received seem to be handling well...but it's hard when you have a selection to choose from
wink.gif

Maybe they're just pads that the equip mgr sewed into the gloves?
I can't imagine that Nike would produce a completely different product for Kaz Matsui that isn't made for anyone else.
After all, it's not like Kaz Matsui is one of their premier endorsers or anything.
He may not be one of their premier endorsers in the USA, and I totally wouldn't rule out the possibility of an equipment manager doing that...but don't underestimate marketing worth of the Japanese position player. They get hooked up. Kenji Johjima and Aki Iwamura aren't superstars either,but they both have some crazy Nike gear. And Major Leaguers in general get custom gloves all the time... some with little pads sewn in towards the bottom ofthe palm, some with different materials, etc... but that's all besides the point: Kaz's gloves are completely absurd, and I've never seen anythinglike them.

Plus it looks like there's padding in the inside of the back of the hand too (and judging by the photo below, it seems he's been wearing them for awhile):

Anyways... back to cleats...

J-Roll returned tonight with some Pujols-esque 5-Tool PE's (with a red midsole though... also note the new Nike batting gloves)

...and the only other notable cleat item from today is Ted Lilly's beautiful old school Clippers that he pulled out today...

(he normally wears these)

Lilly's Clippers would be even better if he didn't mess things up with those awful fake all in one Stirrup-socks ( look closely at the front foot)
Originally Posted by markyd33psu

...and the only other notable cleat item from today is Ted Lilly's beautiful old school Clippers that he pulled out today...

(he normally wears these)

^ At least he had his pants down, and didn't go for the Greg Maddux look.
Originally Posted by haier2k4

I'm really into shoes that have alternate soles from the original, and these to me seem to fall into the same category. Wow! Those are cool.

Just in case you wanted to know where those soles in Matsui's cleats are from... I think they first appeared in the Air Zoom Vapor J, one of the bestlooking cleats ever IMO. I still would love to get my hands on a pair... I just wish Nike released them in the US. Here's a few pics:

Those still absolutely blow me away. (And they've been worn by Matsui and the Dodgers' Chin-lung Hu in the past.)

NikeGod: Why the Firebirds logo I'm wondering? That's my spring baseball team name and logo...its a sweet logo I'll give you that but is theresignificance to it?

Also, markyd, this may be a stupid question, but were those vapors originally meant for baseball? They look alot more soccer-esque or even running-back-esque,but not necessarily baseballish. Are they super light? If so, I may need to investigate looking for some because they are fire and I want a light cleat fornext year.

^ yeah, but not so much 'originally for soccer' cuz the forefoot/toe area's too clean... they usually have grooved toe areas for soccer boots...also, the cleat pattern is also different from traditional soccer boots...

Originally Posted by swingmanike

black pants are not that bad but the red ones like the Cuban national team wears is a NO NO.

Okay in other News What the !%$$ is this? Can't be serious. From the looks of it I don't know if he is a bat boy, but he has some 2k4's on and some bg's in his pocket. Did he just fetch that bat or is he seriously going up to bat (bat does look kinda small).

Sorry to digress guys.

I did some research...and the larger of the two gentleman is Geronimo Gil. A catcher who has spent most of his career playing in Latin America and theminor leagues, he did however play for the Orioles extensively and was a part of the Colorado Rockies organization.

Now, our diminutive friend wearing 2k4's is still a mystery...He was not on the roster for the 2006 WBC, because #20 was worn by a fellow catcher standing6'1", Miguel Ojeda. Nor was our vertically challenged amigo playing under a different #, because the shortest player was 5'9", which is muchtaller than this fellow.

Stay tuned...y"all know, once I get motivated.....

Originally Posted by mhsrunner09

Also, markyd, this may be a stupid question, but were those vapors originally meant for baseball? They look alot more soccer-esque or even running-back-esque, but not necessarily baseballish. Are they super light? If so, I may need to investigate looking for some because they are fire and I want a light cleat for next year.

Yes, the Vapor J was originally meant for baseball. They were released around the same time as the Vapor TD (football) and the Mercurial Vapor (soccer),and like those models, the Vapor J was extremely lightweight and was made for the faster players on the field. They've got a 7-spike metal cleat pattern(5 in the front, 2 in the heel) and Zoom cushioning.

Good luck getting your hands on a pair though. They were released around '03, and only in Japan.

!@# I just typed like a three paragraphs in regards to baseball stuff from japan and it didn't get posted and I lost all of it. $@@# I'm pissed i'mnot typing that %#@* out again. I'll try later I don't have the time right now. $@@#!!!

Here is some quick pics of these insane gloves. He looks like he has mickey mouse mitts on.

capt.35020e05dbf747f6bc07d403312d9b5b.astros_dodgers_baseball_lad110.jpg

And reyes wearing his pants to the knees. Showing off the greatness of his 2k4's.
capt.d1cd03ce795c4c52a3ea4682fc2beb61.reds_mets_baseball_nys103.jpg

Only notable spotting of the night... (I posted these in the Jr. thread too)

New Swingman Griffey all-black colorway (pretty basic, and kinda boring... but I love it when Jr. mixes it up)

He wore the black/red colorway in the first game of the doubleheader, and rocked these in the nightcap.

Im watching the Met game and Reyes is rockin the Easton Foundation Mothers Day cleats and theyve already gotten a decent amount of camera time....really nicejob by the Easton guys

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Im watching the Met game and Reyes is rockin the Easton Foundation Mothers Day cleats and theyve already gotten a decent amount of camera time....really nice job by the Easton guys

Is Castillo wearing them...can you get me a screen grab?

Back
Top Bottom