** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Im watching the Met game and Reyes is rockin the Easton Foundation Mothers Day cleats and theyve already gotten a decent amount of camera time....really nice job by the Easton guys

Is Castillo wearing them...can you get me a screen grab?

Yea Im pretty sure Castillo is wearing them and the batting gloves. I havent seen a close up of him but they zoomed right in on Reyes' when he was onfirst. I cant do a screen grab, maybe someone else can.

Is it just his laces that are pink or is he wearing the shoes with the pink wrench?
No, the shoe has pink not just the laces. How many guys got the pink cleats for today? Everyone on the Easton roster or just a few?

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Is it just his laces that are pink or is he wearing the shoes with the pink wrench?
No, the shoe has pink not just the laces. How many guys got the pink cleats for today? Everyone on the Easton roster or just a few?

15 players received the shoes

Heres a shot of Castillo's batting gloves. It may be tough to find good shots of his cleats cause he came out of the game early.
86cf2cf2882481dd8cb798df747970b1-getty-80305094cm006_cincinnati_re.jpg

mhsrunner09 wrote:
NikeGod: Why the Firebirds logo I'm wondering? That's my spring baseball team name and logo...its a sweet logo I'll give you that but is there significance to it?

Well, it is actually a logo from the old Phoenix Firebirds - which was the AAA team that played in Phoenix before the Diamondbacks existed (they moved toFresno in 1998 and became the Grizzlies). I grew up going to their games and I always liked their logo - I actually still wear their cap sometimes. It was justsort of a nostalgic thing for me to use their logo.

I definitely noticed Reyes' cleats and gloves during the game...then I thought of this thread. Is he switching to Easton or was it a one time thing?Interesting because he's had a bunch of different Nike colorways this season.

NikeGod: I knew they were a minors team but didn't know it was phoenix. Thanks for the info. Yeah i rock my hat around too..maybe we're the only two.I've never seen anyone else with that logo on.

Does anyone have info on these cleats? I haven't been into baseball cleats for long, and maybe there was a general release of the vapor jet for baseballuse, but anyway:

Kaz Matsui on the Rockies and Mets.
1j3sc5.jpg

2zp2s5g.jpg

ina78y.jpg

The best pic I could find was him on the Rockies, with an all black pair, but the details (which almost completely match the Vapor Jet TD shoe with a baseballsole) are better seen on the Mets' version.

capt.5249ea2e88e2463fbfbe4d2d1e3ff3f3.reds_mets_baseball_nyeb108.jpg

I don't even like the Mets but they need to wear those pinstripes and blue caps at home MUCH more often. The black caps and all black unis have GOT togo.

Dustin Pedroia also wore the Easton Mother's Day cleats, I think.

Are you, kweimer1, going to auction these cleats in DS condition with no autographs?

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Interesting Verdero Bat
Yeah the look has to go. The cleats and bg's should have been red.
I got a chance to swing a Verdero bat yesterday for the first time. Im a big fan. I loved the way it felt and how the ball came off the bat. I definitely recommend them.
I agree with you, so far the Verdero's I received seem to be handling well...but it's hard when you have a selection to choose from
wink.gif

^^^ Nice selection...... see a B-bat in there, how do you like it?

Originally Posted by haier2k4

Does anyone have info on these cleats? I haven't been into baseball cleats for long, and maybe there was a general release of the vapor jet for baseball use, but anyway:

Kaz Matsui on the Rockies and Mets.
1j3sc5.jpg

2zp2s5g.jpg

ina78y.jpg

The best pic I could find was him on the Rockies, with an all black pair, but the details (which almost completely match the Vapor Jet TD shoe with a baseball sole) are better seen on the Mets' version.

As soon as I saw the front toe cap of these cleats, I instantly thought of these:
10957041_z.jpg

Nike Vapor Jet TD

As well as these:
13043011_z.jpg

Fittingly, they are called the Shogun LX by Nike, a women's Lax cleat. I bought them in a Women's10.5 instead of a Men's 9 and absolutely lovedthem!

By the way, all of Nike's new football cleats are up at Eastbay now!

Check out the link:

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/adva...d--cleats/sport--Football/brand--Nike/#page:1

Originally Posted by S50H

Dustin Pedroia also wore the Easton Mother's Day cleats, I think.

Are you, kweimer1, going to auction these cleats in DS condition with no autographs?

Any pictures of Dustin wearing them? I was out last night and missed the game. Will give more info on the auctioning off process in the next week as Istart getting the equipment back.

Originally Posted by MattUT

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Interesting Verdero Bat
Yeah the look has to go. The cleats and bg's should have been red.
I got a chance to swing a Verdero bat yesterday for the first time. Im a big fan. I loved the way it felt and how the ball came off the bat. I definitely recommend them.
I agree with you, so far the Verdero's I received seem to be handling well...but it's hard when you have a selection to choose from
wink.gif
^^^ Nice selection...... see a B-bat in there, how do you like it?

It handled pretty well for yesterday's game. DBat gave me a pink bat with half natural which is a little more bearable than having it all pink. But Ihad them make the handle a little bit thicker almost an 1''. Right now I find Mariucci bats likeable...I am using there Jackie Robinson Model inNatural with the handle being old school being more than an 1''. Then there is Max Bats, Sam, Verdero...

kweimer1,

No pictures of Pedroia wearing the Mother's Day cleats as of right now. However, he has been wearing Easton for a while.

kweimer1,

No pictures of Pedroia wearing the Mother's Day cleats as of right now. However, he has been wearing Easton for a while.

LOL!
laugh.gif
Not sure how closely you follow this thread, but kweimer1works for easton! He just wants to see pictures of players wearing his product.

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

kweimer1,

LOL!
laugh.gif
Not sure how closely you follow this thread, but kweimer1 works for easton! He just wants to see pictures of players wearing his product.
Sorry I wasnt more clear on that...best photo of each of the following guys gets a pair of the custom Mother's Day gloves we sent to ourplayers....Matt Kemp, Dustin Pedroia, and Luis Castillo...all must be in the Pink Mother's Day cleats.

If anyone can find pictures of either Carlos Zambrano or Brandon Backe in them I will make you custom Batter's Gloves.

deal?

Back
Top Bottom