**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Hey guys, just got an interesting update from UPS that i've never seen before after ordering from NikeiD...

LocationDateLocal TimeDescriptionWhat's This?
LOUISVILLE, KY, US02/07/201012:35 P.M.WAREHOUSE ENTRY CLEARANCE DETAILS, NECESSARY FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, HAVE BEEN REQUESTED FROM THE RECEIVER / RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY

LOUISVILLE, KY, US02/06/20102:45 A.M.WAREHOUSE ENTRY CLEARANCE DETAILS, NECESSARY FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, HAVE BEEN REQUESTED FROM THE RECEIVER

This changed my scheduled delivery date from 2/10/10 to 2/8/10. HOWEVER, my cleats have still not showed up and I don't really expect them to. Has anyone else ever gotten this update from UPS while ordering from NikeiD?

are you in canada or somewhere outside the US? I see CUSTOMS, which can be a problem at times. or is it that maybe they were made in china and had to be shipped here?

My guess is they likely got caught up in a customs coming into the country from the factory...happens a lot this time of year with the number of shipments coming in as all of the factories close down for a few weeks to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Questions for the group...what would you consider a fair price for custom (ID type) batters gloves?  Picking from an assortment of colors to make up the glove as well as getting to personalize with an embroidered name and/or number?  How many pairs per order would you be willing to order if there was a minimum per order?

Also for the catchers out there...how much would you be willing to spend on a traditional face mask like the Nike one?

Thanks in advance.

KW

For batting gloves I would think like $10 more than whatever buying the generic color combo's that you have available would be about right to get custom colors and a number or name on them. Maybe even going like $12-15 more if you order 3 or less and $10 more if you order over 3 pairs. The problem with buying batting gloves in bulk would be that I have no idea if I'd like them and buying 6+ pairs for $200+ without knowing how I'd like them would be too much for me. But if I could get 2 pairs for $60-80 I'd certainly give them a shot b/c you can't get them custom anywhere else and most people on here know the good work that you do so I'm sure many of us would give them a try but those of us that don't play professionally more than like 3 pairs for me is about my max because I don't use more than 2-3 pairs in a full season.

Originally Posted by K23J

not sure if these were ever posted, but heres Jeters new trainer for this year, called the Jeter Prime..im looking forward to this and will deff be picking this c/w up

jeter-prime-1.jpg

jeter-prime-2.jpg

jeter-prime-3.jpg

jeter-prime-4.jpg

Yep posted a few couple pages back

http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/8011786/t/-MLB-Feet-2009-Baseball-Cleats-.html#reply-8011786

Also discussed in the JB forum
http://niketalk.com/topic/228670

And I will also be adding this to my DJ JB collection --> http://niketalk.com/topic/148077

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Questions for the group...what would you consider a fair price for custom (ID type) batters gloves?  Picking from an assortment of colors to make up the glove as well as getting to personalize with an embroidered name and/or number?  How many pairs per order would you be willing to order if there was a minimum per order?

Also for the catchers out there...how much would you be willing to spend on a traditional face mask like the Nike one?

Thanks in advance.

KW
 check out Cutters, they have custom batting gloves on their site, they run for $72 a pair, which is way too much, their gloves are overpriced from the start anyways, but that comes out to $30 for the customization, because the gloves are $40.  for custom colors and embroidery, I might throw down $15-20 more on top of the glove value, which is right around what NikeID charges.

as for the face mask, I probably top out at $150. I spent that much on a goalie type mask, so I could justify spending that much on a 2-piece. My current face mask is an All-Star that is worth $60.

do you know how much the Nike one weighs? the top of the line All-Star FM25TI Titanium is 16oz, almost half of what I currently have.

look forward to seeing what comes out, because I will be in the market for some new gear later on.

Originally Posted by kweimer1

My guess is they likely got caught up in a customs coming into the country from the factory...happens a lot this time of year with the number of shipments coming in as all of the factories close down for a few weeks to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Thanks in advance.

KW

I think anywhere from $10-25 extra would be fair. I don't know what the cost in terms of time and materials it is to do custom batting gloves but most BGs are in the 30-40 range so I could justify paying around $60 dollars for a custom c/w and embroidery

Alright guys, I have a little poll for you now.

When you change out of your cleats what do you change into? Is it a slide? If so what style of slide, i.e. velcro or one piece.

Change into a pair of Frees, always feels good, but my Rejuvan8 slide is also quite nice.

Change into my turfs, which I keep untied so i can just slip them on. Now that I think about it tho, i'd much rather prefer putting on my kobe IV after games than my turfs.

After games I always change into turfs.
As for the batting gloves, I would not spend over $40 for any batting gloves, even if they were custom. I do really like the idea though - I would probably buy at least 3 pairs.
I have about six pairs now, 2 reeboks, 3 franklins, and one pair of nikes. These will probably only last me the season. The total cost had I paid for all of them would be about 160.

I change into turfs as well and I agree with salembat it's a tough sell over $40 for any batting gloves really even $40 for a pair of Franklin Carbon Fibre II's after tax and shipping is pushing it for me when I know they are way better quality than anything else available to the public. I always have a home/away pair of them and then the 2 pairs from last yr for BP but anything over the $35-40 price point I think would be a really tough sell to most people. I think most of us would try out a pair to see how they are but if your looking for a more long term customer (assuming you are) then I would think the $30-35 range is ideal and $40+ would be pushing it.

Originally Posted by 23karlaknafel45

Originally Posted by K23J

not sure if these were ever posted, but heres Jeters new trainer for this year, called the Jeter Prime..im looking forward to this and will deff be picking this c/w up

jeter-prime-1.jpg

jeter-prime-2.jpg

jeter-prime-3.jpg

jeter-prime-4.jpg

Yep posted a few couple pages back

http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/8011786/t/-MLB-Feet-2009-Baseball-Cleats-.html#reply-8011786

Also discussed in the JB forum
http://niketalk.com/topic/228670

And I will also be adding this to my DJ JB collection --> http://niketalk.com/topic/148077

I could get away with wearing them for umpiring the bases!

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

When you change out of your cleats what do you change into? Is it a slide? If so what style of slide, i.e. velcro or one piece.
beaters, so that means air forces, true blues or whatever. i gotta get a pair of nike/jordan slides though

Well my team has a locker room so I just change straight into my forces but when we do the field, I change into my turfs.

My home iDs are in, ill get some pics up tomorrow. they're white base and tip, with orange heel, bubble, laces and swoosh. sorry for those orange haters out there, it's for my school team.

I like to change into a slide. or a mule. or a clog or something.
whatever, as long as its really complicated and expensive.
wink.gif

Seriously though. I've always preferred my slides w/ velcro.

Originally Posted by nicetomice

I like to change into a slide. or a mule. or a clog or something.
whatever, as long as its really complicated and expensive.
wink.gif

Seriously though. I've always preferred my slides w/ velcro.

Thank you, fingers crossed that I don't have the complications with overseas on this slide that you/we have experienced in the past...and that it doesn't look like Zack's turd.
wink.gif

7932619421166a20b06ef8698d82fc01abbcb5ad.JPG

3611654a1babb4e06dcfa1cfb50c3fcfc885c5c1.jpg

820262d4de1b4a79b09e70689c35e714ad99166e.jpg

c5d16f471ba7b9ef69c79e105bcb77b31430eaf9.JPG

... The last one i edited out the iD, so that's why it looks weird. These are the coolest cleats I've ever had and I can't wait to use them for my season. Let me know what you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom