MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

I would take the Yankee prospects over the Phillies prospects but I might just die if I have to see him in pinstripes.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3973
[h3]UPDATE: Halladay in pinstripes?[/h3]
Roy Halladay | Blue Jays | Interested: Yankees? Phillies?
If the Toronto Blue Jays stick to their guns and insist that any taker for ace right-hander Roy Halladay also accepts outfielder Vernon Wells in the deal, the New York Yankees may be the only fit, says Newsday's Anthony Rieber. He cites the Bronx Bombers' ability to absorb Wells' contract that runs through 2014. Wells is hitting just .263 with nine home runs and a .312 on-base percentage this season and will make $99.25 million between now and the end of his current pact. Yankees GM Brian Cashman is mum on Halladay, noting baseball's tampering policy. But we know that if a good player is on the market, the Yankees are interested. The Philadelphia Phillies are not out of the market for Halladay after signing Pedro Martinez, GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said.

If we take Wells's contract all the people that complin about the Yankees spending money have all the right in the world to complain.

I'm sorry, does that say 99 mill til the end of his contract? w t f?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm sorry, does that say 99 mill til the end of his contract? w t f?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yup, isn't he on like a 7 year, $126 million deal or something?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

If we take Wells's contract all the people that complin about the Yankees spending money have all the right in the world to complain.
Add to the fact the Yanks would want to keep Halladay and sign him to a new 100+M contract

....when will it end?
sick.gif

Whats more i he may be the worst regular position player in the Major leagues.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

More awesomeness by Keith Law.

[h6]Andrew (New York City)[/h6]

Would an offer of Dominic Brown, Kyle Drabek, Jason Donald and Lou Marson be sufficient for Roy Halladay (I am aware from your futures game article, you don't love Drabek and your past articles that you don't love Marson, but that is 2 top 25 prospects from BA's most recent rankings and 2 other at least fairly well regarded guys).
[h6]Keith Law[/h6]
[h6] (1:55 PM)[/h6]

I would not take that offer if I was Toronto, nor would I expect Ricciardi to take it. Marson and Drabek are both overrated, and as much as I like Brown, he's probably two full years away and carries some risk.

[h6]Flemming (Copenhagen, Denmark)[/h6]

Just surfed by Neyer's blog - Hughes, A-Jax, Coke and Montero are mentioned as players the Jays may be scouting. Enough for the Jays? Should the Yankees go for it, if it was?
[h6]Keith Law[/h6]
[h6] (2:05 PM)[/h6]

I'm sure the Jays are scouting all the major prospects in each target organization, not just four specific guys. That's nowhere near enough for Halladay.

[h6]Marshall (St. Louis)[/h6]

Should the Cardinals consider a package for Halladay if it started with trading Rasmus?
[h6]Keith Law[/h6]
[h6] (2:09 PM)[/h6]

I don't think they get him any other way. The lack of impact pitching in their system will be a handicap (and stop talking about Jess Todd, he's a reliever, people).

[h6]Todd (Coralville, IA)[/h6]

Are you as sick of the Halladay trade proposals in this chat as i am? They aren't going to trade him. They put his name out there to see if the Yankees threw the kitchen sink at them. If they were really trying to trade him they would allow teams to negotiate with him. your thoughts?
[h6]Keith Law[/h6]
[h6] (2:10 PM)[/h6]

I agree that they're not likely to trade him, but this is the bulk of what people are asking right now.

[h6]Swayne (Delmar NY)[/h6]

Keith: Great job recently on "Mike and Mike", by the way. Should Brian Cashman be willing to deal Joba or Hughes, and/or Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero in a deal for Roy Halladay? Isn't that excessive? Also: Have you read "The X President" -- terrific alternative fiction by Philip Baruth from a few years back? Great book!!
[h6]Keith Law[/h6]
[h6] (1:45 PM)[/h6]

I don't think it's excessive. We're talking about arguably the best pitcher in baseball, under contract (cheaply) for the next two pennant runs. Never read it.

Yankees are not going to take on Wells's absurd contract nor are they going to part with prospects.

Cashman is trying to build the team from within (main reason he didn't do that Santana trade)...trading away a bunch of prospects for Halladay would be acomplete 180 from his philosophy.

I will not be happy if the yanks include phil hughes in a deal... let joba's bum a** go maybe he will find the 7 mph he lost off his fast ball in Toronto,as for the prospects I don't care who they trade for doc at the end of the day prospects will be prospects and 90% of the "superstar" prospectsdon't ever pan out to what they were hyped up to be even tho I think jesus montero will be a "superstar" in due time the yankees have to win nowand they are not gonna win with andy pettite as their number 3 starter and joba anywhere in the rotation

Periods are your friend.

Cashman is trying to build the team from within (main reason he didn't do that Santana trade)...trading away a bunch of prospects for Halladay would be a complete 180 from his philosophy.

I'm sure you wouldn't be ACOMPLETELY shocked if he does somethin' like this though.
laugh.gif

Cashman also knows that if the yankees don't win this year he could with girardi be fired.. I see this as a desperation move to keep his job.. come on weknow the yankees aren't going anywhere this year with that rotation... nobody is beating the yanks in the playoffs with halladay, sabathia, burnettstarting the first 3 games of a series

As great as Doc is, he hasn't pitched in the postseason as yet so we can't comment on that as yet and say we won't be beat. CC is back in the ALplayoffs this year and AJ is AJ...

"Whats more i he may be the worst regular position player in the Major leagues.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
"

Worse than Damon when hes in the outfield? Matsui? i know you said regular but when they're in the outfield
sick.gif

god what happened to Wells? on some Andruw Jones type slide
smh.gif

If the Yanks get Halladay w/out taking on Wells contract that would be a big +

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Cashman also knows that if the yankees don't win this year he could with girardi be fired.. I see this as a desperation move to keep his job.. come on we know the yankees aren't going anywhere this year with that rotation... nobody is beating the yanks in the playoffs with halladay, sabathia, burnett starting the first 3 games of a series
No1 huh?
nerd.gif

Either way, now that its looking like they are trying to force Well's down other teams throats NH, I'm glad we are no where to be found in thisdiscussion anymore. As far as we go I just read we are trying to ship out Lugo, But really who would want that bum? I think we are going to end up justreleasing him with Lowry projected to come back Saturday.

^ I thought nick green was doing a great job... you guys are gonna bench him for jed lowrie? Yea I don't see CC as a number 1 anymore I don't trust himat all

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Periods are your friend.

Cashman is trying to build the team from within (main reason he didn't do that Santana trade)...trading away a bunch of prospects for Halladay would be a complete 180 from his philosophy.

I'm sure you wouldn't be ACOMPLETELY shocked if he does somethin' like this though.
laugh.gif

I'd be surprised, honestly.

Then again, he has done those quickstrike ski-mask trades at the last minute (Xavier Tommy John Nady and Damaso CHA-CHA-CHA Marte) so there's that chancehe could do that again.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^ I thought nick green was doing a great job... you guys are gonna bench him for jed lowrie? Yea I don't see CC as a number 1 anymore I don't trust him at all

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?

You're crazy man.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Yankees are not going to take on Wells's absurd contract nor are they going to part with prospects.

But the reason you have prospects are for deals like this. Keeping Hughes Jackson and Montero and hoping that they produce 3 years down the roadwhen your core guys are 30+ doesnt really make sense.

I wouldn't even be able to fathom the idea of us landing Halladay. If he is getting traded, I see it being to the Phillies. I read today thatHalladay's contract is not an issue to them.

^I read that too, but when has any contract gotten in the way of the Yankees landing a player.

Back
Top Bottom