MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

baseball america has 3 phils in the top 25

17. Dominic Brown, OF
(Season with A+: .299 AVG/.379 OBP/.540 SLG/.919 OPS/9 HR/38 RBI/14 SB)

23. Michael Taylor, OF
(Season with AA: .340 AVG/.405 OBP/.583 SLG/.989 OPS/15 HR/ 64 RBI/ 17 SB)

24. Kyle Drabek, RHP
(Season with A+ and AA: 9-1/108.1 IP/2.58 ERA/1.16 WHIP/110 SO/36 BB)

In addition, Jason Knapp was listed in the top 50.
(Season with A: 2-6/84.2 IP/ 3.40 ERA/ 1.13 WHIP/ 111 SO/ 36 BB)

i would think Carrasaco, Marson and Donald would be in the top 100

Originally Posted by caddy721

i hope the angels do something with gary mathews jr. i like him and he deserves to play somewhere
If the Angels could find someone to take that contract (2 years, $23 million after this season), they would have let him go a long time ago.

The Mariners traded Yuniesky Betancourt to the Kansas City Royals for two prospects.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Royals acquired Yuniesky Betancourt and cash from the Mariners for a pair of minor league pitchers, according to Joe Hamrahi of Baseball Daily Digest.
http://twitter.com/lenno212/statuses/2574402911
David Lennon tweets that Church was traded to Atlanta for Jeff Francoeur. Francoeur has put up a .250-.282-.352 batting line in 324 plate appearances in 2009.
http://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/statuses/2575186085

*crickets*

Osh Kosh Bosh - what have you heard regarding Halladay getting traded? Is JP serious, or is he still trying to find a way to move Rios/Wells and keep Halladay.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Osh Kosh Bosh - what have you heard regarding Halladay getting traded? Is JP serious, or is he still trying to find a way to move Rios/Wells and keep Halladay.
JP is not actively pursuing anything, he is merely listening to offers and letting people know the price.

Wells will not be moved, but Rios is a definite possibility but most people are saying if Rios is to be moved the only way you get a real prospect in return isif you pay some of his salary.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Who's the next Pirate to be traded?
jack wilson
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

jack wilson
laugh.gif
yo, I know your a sox fan, can you tell me what is the damn fascination with Jack Wilson? Why is this guy always talked about with the red sox assuch a good fit blah blah. To me hes very average and a trade for Jose Reyes would be alot more interesting on the Red Sox side when it comes to SS.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

jack wilson
laugh.gif
yo, I know your a sox fan, can you tell me what is the damn fascination with Jack Wilson? Why is this guy always talked about with the red sox as such a good fit blah blah. To me hes very average and a trade for Jose Reyes would be alot more interesting on the Red Sox side when it comes to SS.
well what do you think is more realistic of a deal...us dealing for wilson, or jose reyes? i'm just saying, theres no way we're going togive up prospects for reyes when we can give up much less and grab wilson. we're not looking for a superstar at SS, just someone who can hit a bit betterthan our current SS's.

so i just talked to my dad...local boston media speculating that buchholz is being called up for a start right after the break so the jays can get a look athim...interesting, but i think it's a reach. for two reasons:

1) as others have stated, they're not going to deal him within the division
2) while the sox might be willing to part with buchholz, they're not gonna put together a package of prospects large enough to land halladay

i don't even want halladay for a boatload of prospects. he's like what, 32? it's not worth it.

Yankee fans if Doc ends up in Boston.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed though, I don't see Toronto doing that. Would have to be one helluva package of players.

I want Jack Wilson and Clay Bucholz on the Mets. I think we can get Wilson, Bucholz on the other hand I won't hold my breath.

Halladay won't be traded....if they do trade him it'll probably be in the off-season (Toronto is obviously just feeling out the market right now).

You can also bet they won't trade him within their own division.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yankee fans if Doc ends up in Boston.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed though, I don't see Toronto doing that. Would have to be one helluva package of players.

laugh.gif
shut up.

But yea they'd have to give up a ton to get Halladay. Clay, Lars (even though he's stuggling a bit this year) and probably Bowden. That's a lotalready and they're probably going to want one more after that.

If the Sox blow them away with prospects there's no way JP can not ship him to Boston. They're not going to take that risk of himpossibly signing there for nothing when his deal is up.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Halladay won't be traded....if they do trade him it'll probably be in the off-season (Toronto is obviously just feeling out the market right now).

The GM said they are open to all offers. They are doing bad attendance wise I think like 25th in the league. If they get an offer worth wild they will take itrather than waiting till the offseason and not getting anything for him. I think the two teams that have the best chance are the Phillies and the Dodgers.

so i just talked to my dad...local boston media speculating that buchholz is being called up for a start right after the break so the jays can get a look at him...interesting, but i think it's a reach. for two reasons:

1) as others have stated, they're not going to deal him within the division
2) while the sox might be willing to part with buchholz, they're not gonna put together a package of prospects large enough to land halladay

i don't even want halladay for a boatload of prospects. he's like what, 32? it's not worth it.
I read about that "conspiracy" too...does seem odd that they want Buccholz to make a spot start for Boston in Toronto and be sent back down afterwards.

All to give Tim Wakefield extra rest? Yeah, okay.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

If we lose hallday for The Philidelphia Phillies poo poo platter of prospects I certain I will convulse violently.
tired.gif
So Osh, basically the Jays are just listening to offers, they are not really "looking" for something in particular?

Just curious to hear any ramblings about who the Jays would want if a trade with the Dodgers was plausible....
nerd.gif

Just curious to hear any ramblings about who the Jays would want if a trade with the Dodgers was plausible....
nerd.gif

That package would have to start with Billingsley, so I'm going to assume you aren't curious anymore.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

nerd.gif
That package would have to start with Billingsley, so I'm going to assume you aren't curious anymore.
laugh.gif

You assumed right then. Goodbye....

laugh.gif

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom