MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

AIF...pack your bags...we're headed to toronto. bring a candlestick or some blunt object so we can beat some sense into riccardi

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i think Law is the only one that hates drabek.

prolly thought phils were dumb for not trading utley and howard for zito
laugh.gif
. (when they were prospects).

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

AIF...pack your bags...we're headed to toronto. bring a candlestick or some blunt object so we can beat some sense into riccardi

That doesn't sound like you're getting ready to beat him there champ...

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Yankees are not going to take on Wells's absurd contract nor are they going to part with prospects.

Cashman is trying to build the team from within (main reason he didn't do that Santana trade)...trading away a bunch of prospects for Halladay would be a complete 180 from his philosophy.
But the reason you have prospects are for deals like this. Keeping Hughes Jackson and Montero and hoping that they produce 3 years down the road when your core guys are 30+ doesnt really make sense.
Yeah, you trade your prospects but only if it doesn't leave your farm system barren.

Somebody made a good point where does Jesus play? Every single scout says he will not be a catcher at the major league level so where?

1st base? Tex has got that for the foreseeable future.

DH? With all your $$+%%@ defensive 30 somethings he can't really play there.

Montero was projected to be the 1B of the future but that was before Teixeira came into the picture.

I imagine the Yanks will still try to groom him to become a catcher but he has trouble throwing base stealers out. I guess Tony Pena will work with him in theoff-season...

I don't know if he has the ability to play corner OF...DH might be where he makes a career with very occasional spells at catcher and first base.

Yeah but Jeter, Posada, A-Rod, may all have to see some DH as they deteriorate further defensively. A-Rod is a much better defensive short than at 3rd base butI guess the captain will never not play third base. So Posada and A-Rod will have to see some time at DH.

Sad thing is A-Rod is a gold glove calier shortstop and y'all are shooting yourself in the foot by turning him into a below average 3rd baseman andsticking a way below average shortstop beside him...gotta love the Yankee manegemnt.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]Rangers Join Crowded Halladay Chase[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16th July, 2009 - 11:18 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MLB.com - The Texas Rangers have jumped in on the Roy Halladay trade derby.

Starting pitching appears to be a top priority for general manager Jon Daniels as the Rangers get ready to begin the second half against the Twins on Friday night.

"All 30 clubs can say the same thing," Daniels said Thursday afternoon. "It's something we're exploring, but at the same time, we've got to be prepared to go from within. Anything that presents itself externally is a bonus. We've got to be able to count on guys already on the ballclub."

The Rangers have asked about Halladay and have had discussions with the Blue Jays. But sources call it a "long-shot." Texas knows the cost is going to be high, in terms of taking on salary and giving up prospects. Toronto is expected to demand first baseman Justin Smoak and at least two good young starting pitchers. [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

This discussion sholdn't be hard Smoak, Feliz, some other b level prospects and done deal.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Considering the amount of money y'all spent in latin america and your recent boras draft pick I'm sure your farm system will be fine.

Olney but it as the Phillies and Rangers as the top two to get Roy so take that for what it's worth. Had a third team too but I for the life of me Ican't remember.

And you're not getting Smoak and Feliz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Olney but it as the Phillies and Rangers as the top two to get Roy so take that for what it's worth. Had a third team too but I for the life of me I can't remember.

laugh.gif

I think the only way JP does the deal is if he gets Smoak and Fleiz or Holland. Either on is cool but one of them has to be in it and the phillies have nochance, none, if there is one thing I trust it's JP's scouting department, they won't go for that poo poo platter.

I'm running through Texas blogs and forums and all these dudes are crying, saying, saying this guys untouchable, and we can't give up this guys..blahblah blah, Roy Hallday since the day he stepped on that Rogers ceter turf has been one of the pitchers in baseball, a pernial Cy Young candidate, and one ofthe most durable pitchers in baseball.

Do you wan't to win a pennant or not? Because if y'all keep waiting then Hamilton will need and extension, Kinsler will need to be paid, it's acontract year for Millwood, Holland and Chris Davis will be looking for arbitration.
grin.gif
You won't keep them all, and let's say you do...

Kershaw, Homer Bailey, Davide Price, Carrasaco, Wade Davis, Trevor Cahill, Clay Bucholz, Ian Kennedy, and Phill Hughes.
ohwell.gif

Starting Pitching prospects are wildly inconsistent no matter what the pedigree, they never come in and dominate right away it can take 2-3 years till they getit so where does that leave you?
tired.gif

Get it done Texas.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Olney but it as the Phillies and Rangers as the top two to get Roy so take that for what it's worth. Had a third team too but I for the life of me I can't remember.

laugh.gif

I think the only way JP does the deal is if he gets Smoak and Fleiz or Holland. Either on is cool but one of them has to be in it and the phillies have no chance, none, if there is one thing I trust it's JP's scouting department, they won't go for that poo poo platter.

I'm running through Texas blogs and forums and all these dudes are crying, saying, saying this guys untouchable, and we can't give up this guys..blah blah blah, Roy Hallday since the day he stepped on that Rogers ceter turf has been one of the pitchers in baseball, a pernial Cy Young candidate, and one of the most durable pitchers in baseball.

Do you wan't to win a pennant or not? Because if y'all keep waiting then Hamilton will need and extension, Kinsler will need to be paid, it's a contract year for Millwood, Holland and Chris Davis will be looking for arbitration.
grin.gif

Kershaw, Homer Bailey, Davide Price, Carrasaco, Wade Davis, Trevor Cahill, Clay Bucholz, Ian Kennedy, and Phill Hughes.
ohwell.gif

Starting Pitching prospects are wildly inconsistent no matter what the pedigree, they never come in and dominate right away it can take 2-3 years till they get it so where does that leave you?
tired.gif

Get it done Texas.

I said it kinda sarcastically hoping you guys don't didn't mean to open the flood gates
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that they seem to be really high on Feliz and that looks like it'll be the breaking point of any deal with Texas. Phillies prospectsaren't overrated but they're overrated by their management. But if Philly throws say their top 4 or top 5 kids and there are no other offers out theredoes JP still pass and wait until the offseason?

I think he's gone before the deadline. You're basically renting him for TWO pennant races before his contract is up. That's really hard to passup.

Yeah but Jeter, Posada, A-Rod, may all have to see some DH as they deteriorate further defensively. A-Rod is a much better defensive short than at 3rd base but I guess the captain will never not play third base. So Posada and A-Rod will have to see some time at DH.

Sad thing is A-Rod is a gold glove calier shortstop and y'all are shooting yourself in the foot by turning him into a below average 3rd baseman and sticking a way below average shortstop beside him...gotta love the Yankee manegemnt.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Various internet armchair GMs have wanted the Yankees to have Jeter switch to 3B and A-rod play SS...I don't see the Yankees doing thisunfortunately
eyes.gif

Considering the weight he has put on, I don't see him having the same mobility and range.

Jeter's range isn't going to jump astronomically any time soon. Yankees will probably keep him at SS since they don't throw players under the buslike the Red Sox do.
grin.gif

But with managers...that's a different story
roll.gif

laugh.gif

and just WHO did we throw under the bus?
laugh.gif

nah i know...but theo makes the tough decisions...most of which have been pretty spot on

laugh.gif

I think the only way JP does the deal is if he gets Smoak and Fleiz or Holland. Either on is cool but one of them has to be in it and the phillies have no chance, none, if there is one thing I trust it's JP's scouting department, they won't go for that poo poo platter.

I'm running through Texas blogs and forums and all these dudes are crying, saying, saying this guys untouchable, and we can't give up this guys..blah blah blah, Roy Hallday since the day he stepped on that Rogers ceter turf has been one of the pitchers in baseball, a pernial Cy Young candidate, and one of the most durable pitchers in baseball.

Do you wan't to win a pennant or not? Because if y'all keep waiting then Hamilton will need and extension, Kinsler will need to be paid, it's a contract year for Millwood, Holland and Chris Davis will be looking for arbitration.
grin.gif

ohwell.gif

Starting Pitching prospects are wildly inconsistent no matter what the pedigree, they never come in and dominate right away it can take 2-3 years till they get it so where does that leave you?
tired.gif

Get it done Texas.

I said it kinda sarcastically hoping you guys don't didn't mean to open the flood gates
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that they seem to be really high on Feliz and that looks like it'll be the breaking point of any deal with Texas. Phillies prospects aren't overrated but they're overrated by their management. But if Philly throws say their top 4 or top 5 kids and there are no other offers out there does JP still pass and wait until the offseason?

I think he's gone before the deadline. You're basically renting him for TWO pennant races before his contract is up. That's really hard to pass up.
Yup, management won't even let him make that trade...in fact Blue Jays president said money won't be an issue resigning Roy if theydon't trade him.

The fact is if we want a bunch of b level prospect we will get that if we wait till off season.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Halladay ain't leaving

I don't see it happening either. Unless they drop their asking price significantly, he's staying in toronto. There's no 1 dominant team this yearthat other teams are shooting for and feel the need to trade to whole farm for 1 guy

[h1]Vernon Wells, MLB's Worst Fielder[/h1]​
sport-vernon-article0805.jpg

I'll be honest, Vernon's fielding makes me laugh out-loud. His routes are comical and anything hit more than five steps away from his initial positioning is bound to drop. My eyes (and anyone else's) can plainly see that. What do the numbers say?

Vernon's UZR/150 (zone rating over 150 games) is an MLB CF worst -31.9. To put this into perspective a few players are tied for second down at -12ish. Vernon score is more than two and half times poorer than the second worst CF in the MLB! Holy #@%#, that's not simply bad, that's downright terrible.

According to the advanced run algorithms, Wells' fielding has cost the Jays 21.3 runs vs an average fielder this season. This is second worst in the MLB, only -0.3 less than Adam Dunn's -21.6 fielding runs.

To put how !*$*!# this total is into perspective let's use this image:

wells-bad.png

Vernon Wells -21.3 fielding runs is more than Rolen's (10.6) and Hill's (8.5) combined batting runs! Wells' poor fielding wipes out Rolen's and Hill's batting excellence.

That may help to explain why the Jays are having strong to semi-career years from four offensive stars (Hill, Scutaro, Lind and a resurgence of Rolen) and are still under the .500 mark, pitching injuries aside.

Vernon, man up and accept a demotion to a corner outfield position for the good of the team. Brain cramps aside Alex Rios is a much better option in CF.

I might hire a hit man just to get him off the payroll.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I could see the jays packaging wells with doc.. if not there just dumb, some foolish managed team (yankees) will take him

Back
Top Bottom